Capcom fighting evolution another horrible capcom fighter?

Mishimaryu

Banned
Anyone pick this up yet I was looking toward to getting this but after I heard what people have been saying...

1. Characters feel/seem too unbalanced. gameplay can get real slow for certain characters while certain characters have huge advantages over another character.

2. Sprites have been reused once again. Capcom is reusing sprites once again. It is a fact: Capcom doesn't care anymore. The only new sprite character was Ingrid and everyone else was reused!

3. Background is dead. Sure they have really nice art to it but the characters are near lifeless and not to mention the tone colors for the characters and overall placing makes them feel as if they were made out of cardboard.

I'm a HUGE streetfighter fan so i rented this game a few days ago.

The 1st thing that caught my eye is how TERRIBLE the charecters look. Playstation 1 Quality Graphics & i'm not over exaggerating that.

The gameplay is ok but the fighters are unbalanced & boring. Seemed very slow to me.

Overall just a below average game.
Wouldn't buy it for any amount of money.

There's really NO reason to buy this game at all.

[quote name='captaincold']I'm a HUGE streetfighter fan so i rented this game a few days ago.

The 1st thing that caught my eye is how TERRIBLE the charecters look. Playstation 1 Quality Graphics & i'm not over exaggerating that.

The gameplay is ok but the fighters are unbalanced & boring. Seemed very slow to me.

There's really NO reason to buy this game at all.[/quote]

not to bag on you, but street fighter graphics haven't always been the best. and "HUGE" street fighter fans wouldn't really be swayed by the graphics of a fighting game. i appreciate when anyone supports street fighter, but it's that kind of thinking that drives capcom away from innovating 2d fighters and scea away from distributing ANY 2d fighters.

capcom fighting evolution is just an okay fighter, but what can you expect when the genre is dying, people are ditching arcades, and no one wants to give 2d games love anymore?

[quote name='kristianator'][quote name='captaincold']I'm a HUGE streetfighter fan so i rented this game a few days ago.

There's really NO reason to buy this game at all.[/quote]

not to bag on you, but street fighter graphics haven't always been the best. and "HUGE" street fighter fans wouldn't really be swayed by the graphics of a fighting game. i appreciate when anyone supports street fighter, but it's that kind of thinking that drives capcom away from innovating 2d fighters and scea away from distributing ANY 2d fighters.

capcom fighting evolution is just an okay fighter, but what can you expect when the genre is dying, people are ditching arcades, and no one wants to give 2d games love anymore?[/quote]

Ya that's true but i forgot to mention that this game retails for $40 -$50.
At that price point i went in expecting ALOT more.
If it retailed for lets say $20 i would be more forgiving but that high price point makes this game even worse.

Ya that's true but i forgot to mention that this game retails for $40 -$50.
At that price point i went in expecting ALOT more.
If it retailed for lets say $20 i would be more forgiving but that high price point makes this game even worse.[/quote]

No, this game is actually retailing for $25 -$30 at most places. possibly less with a good deal, any one know of one?

BTW, Hi!

The game was likely an afterthought. So I doubt they tried to balance it at all. Though, Capcom has not always released the most balanced games. I like Marvel vs Capcom 2, but that was a very unbalanced game. I could never get into 3D fighting games and hate the controls on most. Thank God Sammy and SNK are still around. Capcom really hasn't released too much of interest as of late, alas.

Im a little glad people dont seem to like it, that means it will be 10 bucks soon as said earlier! If anyone doesnt like their copy send me a pm!

I'm a big 2D fighting fan, and I was disapointed. The Red Earth characters are intresting, but it's just not enough. My biggest problem isn't the graphics or gameplay, it's the extremly low cast of chracters. They should've packed it with like 50 fighters from all their games. They could've done it, why not?

The game was a great idea, and it wouldn't have been hard to do, but it seems like Capcom just doesn't care about their 2D fighters anymore.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut'][quote name='Ebraum']You can't polish a turd.[/quote]

You can do anything if you put your mind to it.[/quote]

Well, O.K. Just not a fresh one. :lol:

[quote name='Ebraum'][quote name='Rodimus Donut'][quote name='Ebraum']You can't polish a turd.[/quote]

Well, O.K. Just not a fresh one. :lol:[/quote]

Ya gotta wait for the steam to go away.

pure crap. The game is terrible, and even capcom vs snk2 craps all over this game.

The thing that hit me hardest was the ps1'esque darstalkers. Not even touched up in any manner, same ridiculously bad animation.

ANd capcoms choice of fighters was abso-f'inglutely bizzare. Its beyond me what the hell they were thinking.

I hated this game. Im a big fan, but this is just garbage.

Isn't Capcom handing over SF to it's US division? If so why would they put any effort into a franchise that they will never have to deal with again.

Hopefully the new division will bring new life to 2d fighting by finally making Street Fighter 3. I am sick of them not putting any effort into the fighting genre. If only they realised how they could reinvigorate it by finally making a new, great game.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut'][quote name='Ebraum'][quote name='Rodimus Donut'][quote name='Ebraum']You can't polish a turd.[/quote]

Well, O.K. Just not a fresh one. :lol:[/quote]

Ya gotta wait for the steam to go away.[/quote]

...and the corn to dry up.

[quote name='Scrubking']Isn't Capcom handing over SF to it's US division? If so why would they put any effort into a franchise that they will never have to deal with again.

Hopefully the new division will bring new life to 2d fighting by finally making Street Fighter 3. I am sick of them not putting any effort into the fighting genre. If only they realised how they could reinvigorate it by finally making a new, great game.[/quote]

Wow, I haven't heard that at all. If it does come stateside, hopefully they'll do a good job. However, I am skeptical since Capcom Jp hasn't trusted Capcom USA to do anything relating to Street Fighter (Dee Jay was one). Also, Capcom USA's track record for localization has been spotty at best. They have basically arbitrarily changed story plots between characters. i.e. in JPN Cammy was not Bison's lover, she was his clone.

And I think you meant Street Fighter 4 right? But back to the subject at hand, I'm kinda hopeful that Capcom will pull a CVS2 to CFE and come out with a sequel that vastly improves on the original. But yeah, I'm more anticipating Neo Geo Battle Coliseum.

haven't played it yet, but neo geo battle colosseum is looking like it'll be what capcom fighting jam SHOULD have been.

[quote name='soulninja']crap is still crap even if you only pay 10$ for it[/quote]

Not really. Take Fable for instance, i myself would feel ripped if i got it for 50 bucks. If i paid 10 bucks though it wouldnt be so bad.

[quote name='Scrubking']Isn't Capcom handing over SF to it's US division? If so why would they put any effort into a franchise that they will never have to deal with again.[/quote]

Then why make the game at all?

[quote name='kristianator']haven't played it yet, but neo geo battle colosseum is looking like it'll be what capcom fighting jam SHOULD have been.[/quote]

It's not out yet, but true. I just hope they don't mess it up like they did with SVC Chaos. So far that doesn't look like the case.

Im glad I saw the input on the game.... as SVC chaos is a ripoff imo at 50, but see that and Fighting Jam for 29 now and was wondering how good it is.

About MVC2? Did they loose the capcom licence to EA? If not why not make another. As it was rereleased on the other consoles ofter DC, and altough im not sure if it sold well...i know at least that its one of the more pricey games for ps2, and its one of the only games that i still see a lot of people play in the 2 arcades in town..besides dance dance.

i heard a while back ea was going to make sum kinda card game with the marvel lisence. is it ture? any other plans for the marvel lisince?

[quote name='xenoman80']i heard a while back ea was going to make sum kinda card game with the marvel lisence. is it ture? any other plans for the marvel lisince?[/quote]

"Def Jam vs. X-Men"....? They'll manage to throw in some hip-hop/street racing hook and sell gazillions...or kill employees trying! :wink: jkin

[quote name='Theenternal'][quote name='CaseyRyback']yea EA has the Marvel license[/quote]

that makes me a saaad panda :([/quote]

Yaeh I was hoping for 3, 4, 5 of this game but alas they lost the freakin license. They could do so much with it too. For the sequels, they oculd finally update some of the visuals, make them at least as good as the DC (it's still good enough for me since I love it but would love the better graphics), more characters (i.e. more darkstalkers and red earth characters, maybe add a dash of star gladiator, and some various licenses like how they put in JIll from Resident Evil.), and make it a little bit more balanced and after all of this you have a great party and fighting game. IT would be awesome. Capcom really doesn't understand the arcade market. People are going to start coming back if they start creating worthwile games. Sammy I believe has the right mindset when it comes to this. They have seen that people were almost driven away from the arcades and see it as their chance to jump on a market that is vastly unexplored since the early days.

Even though I here that Capcom Fighting Evolution kind of sucks, I'm still going to pick it up. The visuals don't really bother me that much since I still love Street Fighters 2 and 3s (even though I would love some updated ones finally) and the balance I guess is kind of irritating but still no big deal. Great deal if you ask me for $25 after GGC at BB. Most places are selling it for $30. I know of target, EB, and BB that are doing this. SVC Chaos was not worth it for $50. Maybe for $40 or $30 but in all reality the best price point for it was at $20-30.

I bought it a couple of weeks ago and barely put any time into it after a couple of days. Outside of capcom vs snk2, I can't even recall the last time I ever really enjoyed a 2D Fighter (SFA Collection doesn't count since it has old games).

bread's done
Back