What are your dream DS games?

punqsux

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
ok so now most of us have seen how the ds is used in games, what games would you like to see made for the ds?

heres what id like:

Culdcept DS
top screen showing board and battle animations, bottom showing your hand.

Suikoden DS
you know it would be sweet, im sure they could accuratly port the entire first 2 games onto the ds, dosent really use the ds features...but who cares?!

Starcraft/Warcraft DS
the touch screen would be AMAZING for these games. i think warcraft 1 could be EASILY ported. multiplay anyone? ^^

I'd love to see a real time strategy game like Warcraft or Command & Conquer. Well that and something like paper mario but where you could use the touch screen for aciton commands.

Sorry I didn't see that the OP had the RTS idea, my bad.

[quote name='CHARYODA']I'd love to see a real time strategy game like Warcraft or Command & Conquer. Well that and something like paper mario but where you could use the touch screen for aciton commands.

Sorry I didn't see that the OP had the RTS idea, my bad.[/quote]

i thought M&L used every button on the gba PERFECTLY so i cant wait for an M&L2 ^^

[quote name='punqsux']
Starcraft/Warcraft DS
the touch screen would be AMAZING for these games. i think warcraft 1 could be EASILY ported. multiplay anyone? ^^[/quote]

Considering Starcraft was ported to N64, that could obviously be ported to DS as well.

There was an old Atari arcade machine called Quantum, that never had an official home version. In the game you controlled a cursor with a trackball that left a fading trail. The object was to draw enclosures around the objects in the game without touching them with the cursor. This would translate very well to the touchscreen. If Midway did an arcade collection for the DS this would have to be included. I'd also very much like to see the Atari 'I, Robot' arcade game in that package, just to illustrate how far 3D has come.

A DS version of Magic Pengel would be a natural.

I just want Secret of Mana to be ported. Also, what i've been waiting for has been confirmed, Mother 3. I just wished that NOA will rbing Mother 1 + 2 over here though.

penguin - good call on starcraft! id love to see either!
epobirs - nice idea with magic pengal, never even thought of that!

a new mario paint perhaps? i loved that game

A new version of the GB camera needs to be made for the DS, along with an expanded version of Pictochat. This way we can instantly Photoshop each other in public.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Starfox DS.

'nuff said.[/quote]

I was thinking the EXACT same thing.

And I'm talking the Super Nintendo Starfox.

God I miss that game.

Does THQ's publishing deal with Rare allow them to bring Banjo-Kazooie and its sequel to the DS? More platforming greatness to go alongside Mario DS.

[quote name='epobirs']Does THQ's publishing deal with Rare allow them to bring Banjo-Kazooie and its sequel to the DS? More platforming greatness to go alongside Mario DS.[/quote]

if we're just going to port games, start with the best...mystical ninja 64 ^^

[quote name='Death2Sanity'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Starfox DS.

'nuff said.[/quote]

I was thinking the EXACT same thing.

And I'm talking the Super Nintendo Starfox.

God I miss that game.[/quote]

Throw in the unpublished sequel and then you've got something.

I'd like to see a multi-target lockon weapon. The touchscreen radar display could be perfect for designating targets. Imagine a massive dogfight where you pick your primary targets early on and concentrate on maneuvering while your computer takes the shot every time you bring one of the targets in range.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='epobirs']Does THQ's publishing deal with Rare allow them to bring Banjo-Kazooie and its sequel to the DS? More platforming greatness to go alongside Mario DS.[/quote]

if we're just going to port games, start with the best...mystical ninja 64 ^^[/quote]

IIRC, Konami has a new Goemon game coming to the DS.
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/mysticalninja/news_6110470.html

If that one does well it would make sense for Konami to bring its predecessor out of mothballs, perhaps releasing a GBA port of SNES title, too.

And a GBA Castlevania Collection of the NES, SNES, etc. releases is really well overdue. Work them franchises, Konami!

konami really needs to get their classics out there.

i mean the us needs a GOOD release of dracula X, and several other castlevania games never even released here!

chronicles was supposed to be the first in a series of CV games brought to the US...that worked out well...

it sucks because castlevania is one of my fav series ever, i dont care that the first stage in every game is the same level with the same bat boss! i love them all!

[quote name='CouRageouS']I'd like to see Beatmania or any rhythm game that would let you use the touch screen. Maybe a Donkey Konga DS?[/quote]

Another great idea.

What would you use the 2nd screen for in Katamari Damacy?

I still haven't come up with anything that REALLY needs a 2nd screen except maybe like looking at different angles from your cockpit in a Star Fox game, mech game, or to use as a rear view mirror in a racing game? I dunno :p

[quote name='opportunity777']What would you use the 2nd screen for in Katamari Damacy?[/quote]

I dunno, I was just thinking of how intuitive the stylus would be for analog control of the katamari. Maybe the second screen could be the status screen showing your remaining time and katamari size. Or maybe it could just show the game's opening theme on loop. Either way I'd be satisfied.

They could I guess use the 2nd screen for shooting game where you are flying and shooting forward on one screen, and you have a turret mounted on your vehicle for the other screen? :p

Anyways, back to playing Arc the Lad II ..

[quote name='Scorch']I never thought about that.. but.. I demand Mario Paint DS.[/quote]

I can't believe such a good idea came out of this guy's mouth.

JKLOLOMGZERGRUSH :wink:

SOTN/Aria of Sorrow esque Castlevania sequel. They were awesome..the ds needs it.

Cant believe noone mentioned a Super Smash Bros. DS...Immagine the multiplayer frenzy. That would be the sh**. Im sure someones working on it.. =)

Good call on the RTS'..
Wouldnt mind a starcraft/c&c at ALL.

[quote name='punqsux']ok so now most of us have seen how the ds is used in games, what games would you like to see made for the ds?

heres what id like:

Culdcept DS

Suikoden DS
you know it would be sweet, im sure they could accuratly port the entire first 2 games onto the ds, dosent really use the ds features...but who cares?!

Starcraft/Warcraft DS
the touch screen would be AMAZING for these games. i think warcraft 1 could be EASILY ported. multiplay anyone? ^^[/quote]

Actually, Suikoden DS would be interesting, because the two screens could allow you to do new compelling things with the 108 stars of destiny..
such as have them both be involved on different sides of the same battle, or allow for special tactics where a smaller contingent of the stars could perform a flanking attack during a main battle that the rest of the stars are involved in. With the branching storylines, there's lots of interesting options an extra screen could bring in.

As all ready mentioned, a Magic Pengel for the Nintendo DS would be entirely natural and obvious. I hope for it.

However, the game I'm aiming to see on the Nintendo DS is NiGHTS. As far as I see it, the DS is the ideal platform for a new NiGHTS title.

Usage of the second-screen isn't necessarily a requirement as long as the touch sensitive aspect is used for something intuitive. That is to say as long as one of the aspects is used intuitively (second screen exclusively, touch screen exclusively, etc). I don't require them to be used in conjunction. That kind of pressure would result in subpar usages.

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='punqsux']ok so now most of us have seen how the ds is used in games, what games would you like to see made for the ds?

heres what id like:

Culdcept DS

Suikoden DS

Starcraft/Warcraft DS

Actually, Suikoden DS would be interesting, because the two screens could allow you to do new compelling things with the 108 stars of destiny..
such as have them both be involved on different sides of the same battle, or allow for special tactics where a smaller contingent of the stars could perform a flanking attack during a main battle that the rest of the stars are involved in. With the branching storylines, there's lots of interesting options an extra screen could bring in.[/quote]

that would be awesome for boss fights (last battle in suiko 1 anyone?!) however it would just be alot more work for typical kobalds and wolves.

if there were an option, or if it only happened on bosses, it would be sweet.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Weedy649']katamari damacy ds! lol[/quote]

I can't believe such a great idea came out of this guy's mouth.[/quote]

whats that supposed to mean? i didnt know anyone here didnt like me

Personally, I'd like to see some version of Punchout. The original arcade game used two screens. Perhaps they could do the N64 Punchout that was rumored but never materialized. Starfox would be cool, especially a visually updated version of the original, complete with content from the unreleased SNES sequel.

[quote name='Weedy649'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Weedy649']katamari damacy ds! lol[/quote]

I can't believe such a great idea came out of this guy's mouth.[/quote]

whats that supposed to mean? i didnt know anyone here didnt like me[/quote]

They say you learn something every day.

(I'm joking, by the way)

Heh i bet the Japanese are going to make some really crazy games. I can just imagine some date simulator where you have to rub the screen just right for a succesful foreplay attempt

Somebosy said it already, but a wrestling title would be really great. The touch screen would make navigating the Create-A-Wrestler menus much faster, and there could be an option for drawing logos onto shirts, etc.

bread's done
Back