What Type of Fanboy are You?

I'm not a fanboy of any system. But when we're talkin about genres I'm definatly a SNK 2D fighter fanboy. I think that would be a better question.

More of a Nintendo Fan over here. I've practically grew up with Nintendo (like most people) but it stuck on me more. From NES to GC, N64 captured my "fandom". But then again now Nintendo doesn't have much of a library like Sony =[ (all those RPG's) and much exclusives are going to mainly PS2 and Xbox =\. And eventually it all goes to PS2.. x.x

I'm not biased.
I have a soft spot for Sega, and I prefer Sony. I would like PC more if I had a PC that would run anything and if there were anything out except war FPSes and MMORPGs
But like someone else said, there's great games on every console.

i voted nintendo, because ive always supported nintendo...but the past 2 gens my main consoles have been sony.

microsoft can shove it.

All the systems have great games that I want to play but at heart I'm a Nintendo fanboy. I think their games are the best of the best. I spend way more time with my GCN and GBA than I do with my other systems (although my PS2 is close)...

I have played and owned mutliples of all three systems this gen and the previous systems of earleier generations.

At heart I have to give it to Nintendo. At my point in life I dont have hours upon hours to sink into a real RPG and I am in it for the mulitplayer fun. Or just fun period. Nintendo provides me with that.

PS2 is ok but the hype just ruins it for me. Still to this day i have been disapoointed with most of its games I have played.

The xbox got a lot of use when I had it and then I sold it off. I would most likely eventaully pick it up if it werent for the upcoming release of xbox 2 thus reducing the price from $149.99 in the next year.. So I will wait and play it later at a reduced price.

The Nintendo hatred ( not necessarily in this thread) bugs me. Some people dont realize that Nintendo is in it to make games (and money of course but mainly games) and the other two companies are in it for the sole reason of dominating this industry and for the money. They have plans to combine pc/consoles/ home control etc.

If Nintendo ever went under (and I think they wont not at least in the next 10-15 years) then we would lose a lot for all gamers.

I am a Nintendo fanboy, you can tell just by looking at my collection even though I have all three consoles (I only own the PS2 and cube though) in my house. I support Nintendo with all multiplatform releases because to me, Nintendo makes the best and highest quality games, OoT and Metroid Prime come to mind in the last two hardware generations.

I would still consider myself farely objective though, I support Nintendo first, but I buy and play games from all systems including the PC.

I don't deprive myself of gaming, I game for the games, not the console or brand. Although a lot time is spent on my PS2 (also SNES) then on my GameCube/Xbox but I'm not biased towards any console, like I said I love to game so why would I deprive myself of gaming because my console is purple or because it weighs 300lbs or if because it's not powerful, kind of dumb in my book if your biased towards one system alone.

I'm not especially biased in any direction, although I do have a soft spot for Nintendo, since I grew up with the SNES and Mario.

I'd have to say I'm a Sony fanboy, since it was because of the Playstation that my hobby became life. I got a PS2 at it's launch and haven't been disappointed yet, just an amazing jump over the PS1. I do have a little bit of a soft spot for Nintendo because the SNES was my first console and just some amazing games.

I'm not biased ... I change during every system cycle for the most part it seems. My fav systems were NES => SNES => Genesis => 3DO => PS1 => XBOX => ???

If I have to pick one console, I'll go with a Nintendo console. I've grown up with their games so there's a nostalgia and history connected to the company and their franchises that I can't find elsewhere. I also believe that they truly continue to make great games that don't simply capitalize off of that nostalgia. Lately I find myself disagreeing with some of the company's opinions and goals, but bottom line, they still make the games that I love best.

Sony's first-party lineup has really started to win me over in recent years, however. Games like Ape Escape, Jak, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper have absolutely satiated my undying love for platformers. Then there's ICO, which is one of the finest gaming experiences I've had in the past several years. And of course, Sony's also got that 800-pound gorilla named Gran Turismo.

History to me means nothing ... it's more like "what did you do for me today, and what are you going to do for me tomorrow?"

I know 3DO sounds like crap, but when I got it back in the day I was impressed :)

I played that more than SNES because of games like Star Control II, Shockwave, Crash N Burn, Fifa Soccer, and Super Street Fighter II Turbo.

I thought this topic could have been cool when I first saw it. I thought it would have options like:
Closet fanboy- You have your favorite but you don't like the world to know
Open fanboy- You love your system and none can compare
Violent fanboy- You love your system and fuck the rest
Non-fanboy- You either love all or hate all

instead it was just boring system related stuff.

bread's done
Back