We All Know Where To Put DVD and Game Collections....

Mr. Anderson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
But what about books? I don't expect many sites to attempt to keep an archive of books, but it would be sweeeet. I have three shelves full of books, and would love to put them online. Any sites like this?

Well I don't know of any, the problem of course with trading books is that they often aren't worth very much and are quite heavy, excluding old stuff of course.

[quote name='humidore']they may be heavy, but media mail is very cheap, so shipping isn't half as painful as it may seem.[/quote]

I'm talking about sending out a single paperback, with newer hardcover books and slow shipping it might be worth it but for older or paperback stuff it probably would only be worth it if you shipped several books at a time.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='humidore']they may be heavy, but media mail is very cheap, so shipping isn't half as painful as it may seem.[/quote]

I'm talking about sending out a single paperback, with newer hardcover books and slow shipping it might be worth it but for older or paperback stuff it probably would only be worth it if you shipped several books at a time.[/quote]

But think about this: If your hardcore enough of a reader to be trading books, it's doubtful your trading one or two at a time. Your trading five or six for your next read. Know what I'm sayin'?

[quote name='Kaijufan']I have so many books it would take hours to put them all on a collection website.[/quote]

I guess some people don't enjoy it, but I love putting my junk online. I get a great satisfaction out of doing it. The longer it takes the better.

go to www.collectorz.com and you can download free trials of programs for game collectors, movies, books, music, and mp3's. Once you have all your stuff in it can generate a HTML page for you which you can use a personal web page. go to home.alltel.net/sc73419 and there is an example of what the game collector can do. That is what it made for me. I haven't updated it in a while though. They are really good programs.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='humidore']they may be heavy, but media mail is very cheap, so shipping isn't half as painful as it may seem.[/quote]

I'm talking about sending out a single paperback, with newer hardcover books and slow shipping it might be worth it but for older or paperback stuff it probably would only be worth it if you shipped several books at a time.[/quote]

But think about this: If your hardcore enough of a reader to be trading books, it's doubtful your trading one or two at a time. Your trading five or six for your next read. Know what I'm sayin'?[/quote]

But to the same person? I trade videogames all the time now ,but rarely do I trade more than 2 to the same person, I assumed it would be the same way with books.

[quote name='igotbass']go to www.collectorz.com and you can download free trials of programs for game collectors, movies, books, music, and mp3's. Once you have all your stuff in it can generate a HTML page for you which you can use a personal web page. go to home.alltel.net/sc73419 and there is an example of what the game collector can do. That is what it made for me. I haven't updated it in a while though. They are really good programs.[/quote]

That's actually pretty impressive, but it's not free forever.

Check around town, I'm sure there are used book stores to sell/trade to. Probably won't give very "good" prices ($1/book or so I'd think) but if you need to get them off your hands...

High school literature has really made me dislike reading in my spareitme. I do like to read a good book now and then though. ive got quite a lot of books from when i was younger.

[quote name='gamefreak']Check around town, I'm sure there are used book stores to sell/trade to. Probably won't give very "good" prices ($1/book or so I'd think) but if you need to get them off your hands...[/quote]

My dad goes round the public libraries and gets bags of books for $3 or something. This is Bay Area, CA, so I dunno about other areas, but with prices/availability like that, trading wouldn't really be needed except for specific titles.

There is a special book rate for shipping with the USPS. I've used it in the past. I'd be willing to trade for some cool books if anyone was interested.

bread's done
Back