CAG NHL 09 League-Not dead yet-Get some games in guys

[quote name='thatstoobad']did there end up being any sort of hockey league last year?[/QUOTE]

I wanted to do an NHL 08 League, had people sign up and everything, then my wife had our baby at the end of Setember and I just lost all track of everything gaming related.

[quote name='ajh2298']I wanted to do an NHL 08 League, had people sign up and everything, then my wife had our baby at the end of Setember and I just lost all track of everything gaming related.[/quote]

Man, way to stay committed.

Haha, just jokin. You pretty much set it up for someone to spike it. How many teams does that make now?

[quote name='Wpark83']Man, way to stay committed.

Haha, just jokin. You pretty much set it up for someone to spike it. How many teams does that make now?[/QUOTE]

I think I will go with the 13 I have listed, and set it up using the EA League site so we can do trades. I think each team will play each other twice(once home and once away) so it would be 24 games total. I will work on PM'ing everybody tonight and give them 48 hours to respond with a simple in or out.

I am currently in two madden leagues and a MLB the show league and I want to play in this one so count me in. I just hope the league doesn't become like some of our madden leagues. I need at least until Friday to get the game from amazon.

[quote name='ivanctorres']I am currently in two madden leagues and a MLB the show league and I want to play in this one so count me in. I just hope the league doesn't become like some of our madden leagues. I need at least until Friday to get the game from amazon.[/QUOTE]

I will mark you down as a yes than, it seems like the NHL leagues once they start make it through the whole season.

[quote name='Matt Young']Yeah, Franky posted on the first page, and he's very reliable.[/QUOTE]

I must have been drinking when I was scanning the thread for interest I completely missed it.

[quote name='Tolmes']Yeah, I was listed on Page 2 requesting the Blackhawks....any reason I was left out?[/QUOTE]

Crap I got to quit drinking I meant to PM you, the Blackhawks were already taken on the first page by Pure Apaathy if you want to pick another unclaimed team feel free to do so.

I got left out too, but I don't have the game yet. I'll be watching though and when I do get the game I'd love to be considered for expansion or when someone drops out. :)

Just curious but have you guys been getting any dirty disc errors? Thats the thing that's been making me hold off on getting the game currently.

I remember having the exact same issue with NHL 07

[quote name='TheRock88']Just curious but have you guys been getting any dirty disc errors? Thats the thing that's been making me hold off on getting the game currently.

I remember having the exact same issue with NHL 07[/quote]

I've had the game freeze on me a few times when I was joining the lobby for online EASHL games. I haven't had any dirty disc errors though.

Yeah I had a game freeze on a ranked game about 1 minute into the first period. That's the only freeze I've had so far.

Online for NHL has been shaky the last 2 years, they didn't do much this year to prevent the drops and freezes....u still have to play a quick ranked match 5 times to get a game, but the disc read error is a glitch in 09. Some discs were sent out too early and not correct, that's why some have disc read errors. EA Sports is doing what they can to fix the online glitches right now, and if u wait a few more weeks im sure there wont b NHL's on the shelf that don't work.

Bump
League has been created and passwords have been sent out via PM to everybody but ivanctorres his PM box is full.

Are we able to sign up free agents in this? If so, we should have a rule that no one can get the make a wish girl that is in the game.

Also, do you know when you plan on starting the league?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pure Apathy']Are we able to sign up free agents in this? If so, we should have a rule that no one can get the make a wish girl that is in the game.

Also, do you know when you plan on starting the league?[/QUOTE]

I want to start as soon as everyone signs up. I think the schedule is very flexible, meaning that you can play the games in any order you want. Also since you are playing everybody twice you can knock out two of your games at a time if you want.

So far 9 out of 14 people have joined, I will be away till Monday but hopefully the remaining 5 people will join by than.

[quote name='Tolmes']9/14 signed up as of now....when are we thinkin of starting? Any Rewards? Hehe[/quote]

If you win, Matt Young will send you a picture of his balls over XBL.

Is it possible to wait til Thursday before starting the league? I havent gotten the game yet and since GS just released the 20% off used games coupon, I wanna try and score a used copy. If I cant find one by Wed, I'll just go out and buy it for full price.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']If you win, Matt Young will send you a picture of his balls over XBL.[/QUOTE]

That is simply not true.

... I would send you a picture of Cheapy's balls. We CAG Premium members got both an 8x10 and a wallet size when we signed up for the program.

[quote name='TheRock88']Is it possible to wait til Thursday before starting the league? I havent gotten the game yet and since GS just released the 20% off used games coupon, I wanna try and score a used copy. If I cant find one by Wed, I'll just go out and buy it for full price.[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with that.

[quote name='TheRock88']Is it possible to wait til Thursday before starting the league? I havent gotten the game yet and since GS just released the 20% off used games coupon, I wanna try and score a used copy. If I cant find one by Wed, I'll just go out and buy it for full price.[/QUOTE]

I dont mind waiting till Friday if thats ok with everybody else that way you can get full use of the coupon.

[quote name='dmes65']Does anyone here follow the ahl?[/QUOTE]

Nah, but I've taken an interest in the Monarchs. I will, however, follow the new Ontario Reign of the ECHL as my good friend has 2 season tickets. :)

I have been a season ticket holder for the NHL Penguins since the 88-89 season, so I always try and keep up with their various farm teams over the years. The year of the NHL lockout they had 3 bus trips to their AHL farm team in Scranton and I went on all 3 of them, their building was great and it seemed like a great show. I have 3 of their jerseys I try to buy one every year because they do 2-3 special ones a year (i.e. St. Patricks Day, Christmas, and sometimes an Easter one). I also have an autographed limited edition Mario Lemieux one from the one time he played for the AHL team in a Penguins vs. Baby Penguins pre-season game, framed ready to be hung up if I ever move into a house with a game room.

[quote name='ivanctorres']Bump. Amazon shipped my game and I should have it in hand by tomorrow. This league is still hapening right?[/QUOTE]

Yep should be rolling at the end of the week

Bump. Want to make sure this league is happening before I open the sealed game. Thanks. I bought the game strictly for league purposes.

[quote name='ivanctorres']Bump. Want to make sure this league is happening before I open the sealed game. Thanks. I bought the game strictly for league purposes.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheRock88']Yea, lets do this. None of the gamestops around me had any used copies so i just bought a new one.[/QUOTE]

Yep as soon as you sign up we are good to go.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Any chance we'll start this today?[/QUOTE]

We should be all signed up by tonight, so it should not be a problem

I will join tonite. I true to join last nite but realized that I had accidentally deleted the email with the league info. I will join tonitw when I get home from work.

bread's done
Back