EB Games Get A DS Lite for $29! Trade 3x$8 Games FOR $100 OFF!

I wonder, do I have to pick up the DS ASAP, or can I just drop the games for the credit? I guess I'll find out tomorrow. Will this also work with the free Edge as well?

[quote name='Rex']I wonder, do I have to pick up the DS ASAP, or can I just drop the games for the credit? I guess I'll find out tomorrow. Will this also work with the free Edge as well?[/quote]

You get the DS on the spot.

Wish the Pokemon bundle included Pokemon Platinum.

Not much of a "Pokemon" bundle with just the carrying case and the DS designs.

But since I'm gonna get it through the deal, I'm not complaining! Thanks gamer602.

Hmm, try to track down 3 qualifying games along with $30 and driving to Toronto for the trade or just walk into the local Futureshop/Best Buy and snag one for $90 after pricematching with Walmart. It's seriously a toss up here.

Assuming it is a legit promotion, you do exactly what the OP said. You trade in any three games, each with a trade-in value of $8 or more, and you get $100 off any DS.

The trouble is finding games that are worth $8, but not better off being sold on Ebay. Many people just buy cheap used games from other stores and trade them in. Blockbuster Video and Rogers Video are good sources.

This promotion is $4 worse than the old "trade 5 for a free DS", assuming they charge you tax on the $29. ;)

I've traded in most of my $8+ games, thanks to previous deals. Both our DSs come from EB trade in deals. :D

Time to start looking at Blockbuster to help me out.

[quote name='Zing']Anyone been able to get this deal? There are zero reports of success and several of failure.[/quote]

Where wre the reports of failure? All the deals I've posted are real...

[quote name='gamer602']How do you get one for 90??? At best, its 97 due to 10% OF THE DIFFERENCE[/QUOTE]

You're right, I meant $70, since I use BB/FS giftcards that I purchase at a discount.

The EB deal is $30, plus at least $30 (if I am lucky, probably more like $40) for the games, plus having to find qualifying games.

Don't get me wrong, it is a great deal, assuming it is valid, but for me personally, it is nullified by the Walmart sale.

[quote name='Zing'] assuming they charge you tax on the $29. ;)[/quote]

Unless you`re paying the 29 with tic, you will be charged tax for it. And if i didn`t already have 2 DSes, I would be on this deal like stink on shit.

Hmm no dice for me. Been calling around and it does sound like that deal is available here. Though one store did mention they were selling the DSL for 100 even now . . .

I'm confused. :D

Just got back from Eb...

Traded
xbox 360 : guitar hero 2 ($11 tiv)
shivering isles ($11 tiv)
kingdom under fire circle of doom ($13 tiv)

Paid $29.99+tax ($33.89)and got the special edition pokemon bundle (with carry case, dvd and poster and Onxy DS with pokemon graphics on it)

got mine at Sq1 mall in Mississauga, On, also on at Airport/Queen in Brampton, so it should be everywhere. No signs were up anywhere though...

The original Oblivion game also qualified but I didn't use it.

[quote name='Revelation44']Just got back from Eb...

Traded
xbox 360 : guitar hero 2 ($11 tiv)
shivering isles ($11 tiv)
kingdom under fire circle of doom ($13 tiv)

Paid $29.99+tax ($33.89)and got the special edition pokemon bundle (with carry case, dvd and poster and Onxy DS with pokemon graphics on it)

got mine at Sq1 mall in Mississauga, On, also on at Airport/Queen in Brampton, so it should be everywhere. No signs were up anywhere though...

The original Oblivion game also qualified but I didn't use it.[/quote]

Cool, thanks for confirming that Brampton location :)

Traded Prof Layton ($11 TIV), Mario v DK ($12), and Mario Kart DS ($20) for a new Blue DS.

This was at Park & Tilford in North Vancouver - she said it was entered in the computer already, and had it in the binder book.

The promo code for this seems to be #745.

The catch with the TI is that it needs to be a next gen system (360, PS3, DS or Wii game).

I think my EB hid all the Pokemon DS they have in the back.

Settled for a Cobalt Blue one, trading in these games:

Batallion Wars II ($17)
Def Jam Icon PS3 ($12)
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground ($8)

Can I trade my unopened Cobalt Blue DS for a Pokemon DS when they have it back n stock?

[quote name='heimdal']Can I trade my unopened Cobalt Blue DS for a Pokemon DS when they have it back n stock?[/quote]

You could do a return/rebuy within 7 days.

Was told at my local EB games that this deal did not exist. Was assured however that the trade 6 was still ongoing. Any way I can prove this deal to them?

*Edit* Called up 5 locations and only 1 is doing the promo at the moment

[quote name='tymcg']Was told at my local EB games that this deal did not exist. Was assured however that the trade 6 was still ongoing. Any way I can prove this deal to them?

*Edit* Called up 5 locations and only 1 is doing the promo at the moment[/quote]
Ask them to check their promorions binder, it should be one of the latest ones added to the binder, it was on the second page at the store in Kingston, they hadn't heard about it but he checked the binder and it is there.

[quote name='chemgear']Hmm no dice for me. Been calling around and it does sound like that deal is available here. Though one store did mention they were selling the DSL for 100 even now . . .

I'm confused. :D[/quote]

As a follow up I called around and nobody seemed to have any idea. I ended up trying in store in person and they still had no idea. They scanned the games to see which were >8 and low and behold, the option popped up on the computer. The guys even went and checked their latest email of the deals.

So it should be up - anybody try for the new metallic silver one? Let me know your thoughts/if they have the yellowed screens or now.

:lol:

I used PGR4 (360), Ratatouille (PSP), and Dancing with the Stars (Wii). All were bought from Rogers and BBV: the latter two were $14.99 - 30%.

I don't know if EB's system is messed up, but I ended up paying $30.00 rather than $29.99. I used my Edge card credit and it somehow still needed to pay $0.01 and it showed my card as having $0.00 credit. The clerk threw my card away, which really surprised me because I was positive I had $90+ on it (I had even traded in SWTFU this past week for credit.)

"No, I only have one Edge card."
"No, I didn't buy anything the past week."

^That's what I told her a few times. Finally I just asked for my card back and decided to call the number on the back later. Flipped a penny to her and walked out with my Pokemon DS.

Of course when I checked the receipt it says I still have $60+ credit. :roll:

Oooh sneaky *****.
Going over my recent pre-order receipts for games I picked up (I generally keep them until I have the game in my possession) I noticed that ALL of them were bumped to $70 originally, the game was pre-ordered with the $60 credit, and then the remaining $10.01-$15.01 was put onto an EDGE card balance.
I don't want to make a fuss out of it because sometimes she bumps my non-qualifying games up to qualify, but some people :p

Well, I got what I wanted, but didn't do too hot on the whole being cheap thing. I tried finding a DS Lite for $100 at Wal-Mart, but didn't.

So I switched gears and bought three games then traded them in. Little did I know EB had the DS Lites for $100 too. First time trading stuff in, so yeah, I had no idea what the hell I was doing.

Anyways, on to the important info!
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Wii) -- EB TIV = $20 | BBV Used = $15
Def Jam Icon (PS3) -- EB TIV = $8+ (maybe $12) | BBV Used = $20
Tony Hawk Proving Ground (PS3) -- EB TIV = $11 | BBV Used = $20

So I spent about $97, which would have been the FS/BB price with a PM. Too bad I gave away those games I got during the Game Days summer sale. Woulda been a killer deal. Oh well... Ended up with a Pokemon DS Lite, and I finally found Disgaea ($20 GH for PS2)!

Got it by trading Animal Crossing WW, Mario Kart DS (noooooo... :( ) and Mario 64 DS (... :( ... ). I wanted to trade my Princess Peach for it, but I made the mistake to lend it to a friend, and I couldn't get it back by the end of the deal...

I really love my Pokemon DS Lite (even if I'm not really a Pokemon fan, I love the design!). Now, anybody know how I could get a decent amount of cash from my DS phat? :rolleyes:

bread's done
Back