Shadow of The Colossus Figures $7 each at Play-Asia (Spend $30 get get $5 off)

Ah, very cool looking figures. But they ship randomly, so I could end up with the same figures twice or something.

Well, I guess if you want all of them it's $64.90, plus $24.50 for shipping. I don't know...

Thanks for the deal though. I'll think about it.

Yeah, that's they way it works when you buy them from a regular store here.
The boxes are all the same and don't indicate what figures you are getting.
There are speciality stores in Akihabara that will sell them to you out of the packge, but you pay a premium. I eventually went that route so I could complete my Robocop collection.

The dupes make really good gifts for your friends. Thats what I did with my extra Robocop figures.

Gotta buy 10 to get the proper set. I like how there's a special 16th Colossus figurine even though it was nowhere to be found in the game!

$70 seems a little steep if I want everything. Even with $5 off.

[quote name='imacgod']Gotta buy 10 to get the proper set. I like how there's a special 16th Colossus figurine even though it was nowhere to be found in the game!

$70 seems a little steep if I want everything. Even with $5 off.[/quote]
Does that really get you the complete set? I am not so sure.
I think it just gets you a case of random figures.

[quote name='CheapyD']Does that really get you the complete set? I am not so sure.
I think it just gets you a case of random figures.[/quote]
One of the comments on the Play Asia site says it gets you the complete set when you buy a complete case of 10. *shrugs*

Okay, so I might break and buy 1-3. The $5 off coupon is appealing and after shipping, each one is like $10. Not that bad.

So are these only available in Japan, or will I see these at Spencers after I drop all my money on them here?
edit. I might buy a case, if anyone else here is gonna do the same. Perhaps we could set up a trading post here for our extras?

[quote name='CheapyD']I eventually went that route so I could complete my Robocop collection.[/quote]Those One Coin figgers are really nice.

But then Kotobukiya One Coin figures of anything are realy nice. I had bookmarked the OC set for Tales of the Abyss ages ago, but I missed out. All sold. =(

SDC, those Eva pieces are pretty small at 55mm. Converted that's 5.5 centimeters. Which is juuuuuuuuuust over 2 inches high.

My bf got a few of them for me (Wander and Agro, Col 1, and Col 5? (the one coming out of the water)). These are very nice and look great. Well worth the money.

[quote name='CHOW CHOW']they look cute as hell but im afraid i would get one that i dont want[/quote]

Yeap yeap, so true... happened almost all the times :)

[quote name='CheapyD']Does that really get you the complete set? I am not so sure.
I think it just gets you a case of random figures.[/quote]

it says you'll need to buy 12 of them to ensure a case, which will have a complete set, but man...

[quote name='imacgod']One of the comments on the Play Asia site says it gets you the complete set when you buy a complete case of 10. *shrugs*
[/quote]

Oh, ok...I wasn't sure...didn't want you to drop $70 and be disappointed.

[quote name='drawingboard']So are these only available in Japan, or will I see these at Spencers after I drop all my money on them here?
edit. I might buy a case, if anyone else here is gonna do the same. Perhaps we could set up a trading post here for our extras?[/quote]

Good luck waiting for them over here dude... i collect action figures and from experience, US some times do get Japanese figures (like the FF 7 figures). However, most cool figures don't make it to the US. As a matter of fact, most of us don't even get to se/know those cool figures, they just past us like running water.

The idea of trading extra is nice, after all, they are trading figures, you suppose to trade :)

[quote name='jrt1138']You can pre-order a case at BigBadToystore for $59.99:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=KOT10111&mode=retail

They also carry the individual RoboCop figures. Great site. Super fast ship. You can also get the God of War figures from there.[/quote]

From the above site,

"The box of 10 figures will most likely contain the full set of 6 along with some duplicates, but we cannot guarantee any case mixes."

Oh man.... So nice.

I won't have any spare money for about another month, I hope these and the coupon code hold out that long.

Yeah I dropped a few of these (both SotC and DOA) in with my PA orders to bump the total up to use with the various coupons they had around the holidays.

Can't wait to see whay I get.

Too bad these don't count for the Lucky Lunar New Year Sale. Even if they don't count copies, it would've been nice to grab an extra ticket.

[quote name='imacgod']Gotta buy 10 to get the proper set. I like how there's a special 16th Colossus figurine even though it was nowhere to be found in the game![/QUOTE]
Do you have a picture of the secret figure? If it was Dormir, I'd buy it in a second. If it's some fake ass colossus that wasn't in the game, wack.

[quote name='Pookymeister']From the above site,

"The box of 10 figures will most likely contain the full set of 6 along with some duplicates, but we cannot guarantee any case mixes."[/quote]

Maybe the PlayAsia comment isn't guaranteed to be correct either then... :whistle2:#

Huh, those are pretty cool. Little expensive though, and they're kinda small (what kind of Colossus can be scaled by an ant???). But they're still neat, why can't they release these things outside of Japan.

The Winged and Dog colossus are pretty nice looking though...almost tempted to try for one of those.

BTW, here's the secret figure.

72266W.JPG

Worst. Secret. Ever.

[quote name='Kerig']Anyone looking for a complete set of the SOTC figs should just get them from eBay instead of messing with the blind-box cases.

$34.95 + ~ $8 UPS Ground shipping for the set of 6.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shadow-Of-The-Colossus-One-Coin-Grande-Figures-Set-of-6_W0QQitemZ290072358993QQihZ019QQcategoryZ1345QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

This guy has 8 sets to go around, to boot.[/quote]

Doesnt look like the guy ever says you get all 6 of the set, does it? Description says new and never opened, and mentions the mystery box.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Doesnt look like the guy ever says you get all 6 of the set, does it? Description says new and never opened, and mentions the mystery box.[/quote]

Hrm, this guy is strange about his eBayness. I think he copy/pasted the description, but it is baffling how he'll sell you a "set" of 6 if he keeps them sealed. I've seen these types of auctions in the past (World's Smallest Transformers, etc.) Sellers usually break open the box to see which figure is inside, but never open the bag the figures are sealed in, thus justifying the "new never opened" status. Some give a disclaimer about the box only being opened to see which figure is hiding inside...

[quote name='Kerig']Hrm, this guy is strange about his eBayness. I think he copy/pasted the description, but it is baffling how he'll sell you a "set" of 6 if he keeps them sealed. I've seen these types of auctions in the past (World's Smallest Transformers, etc.) Sellers usually break open the box to see which figure is inside, but never open the bag the figures are sealed in, thus justifying the "new never opened" status. Some give a disclaimer about the box only being opened to see which figure is hiding inside...[/QUOTE]

I sent him a message and he said they are random figures.

[quote name='imacgod']I sent him a message and he said they are random figures.[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up. Still a bit cheaper if it's all you're looking for. Comes to a little over $7 each shipped. (cross your fingers you don't get the secret figure)

[quote name='jer7583']also, the Final Fantasy 3 DS figures of this type are the same price, just limboing under $7.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-92-49-en-70-1mkh.html

cheapy, how tall are these figures, typically? the SOTC ones say 60-90mm, which seems tiny. But maybe that's the appeal.[/QUOTE]

Those are hot.

I *love* Gashapon's.

I will definitely get one each of the DoA 4, Shadow of the Colossus, and FF 3 ones... maybe 2 FF 3 ones.

bread's done
Back