Hi from Mrs Wombat.. really!!

mrswombat

CAG Veteran
Hello CAGcast community!!

I finally decided to take the plunge and register on CAG so that I could talk to the CAG listener-ship and field any questions about my hubby, Wombat... oh and read all the juicy stuff you all say about the CAGcast and my man..

I listen to every show and even read the podcast thread and realized that I could probably shed some light on the man that is Wombat, if asked..

Anyway, hope I am welcomed warmly and go ahead.. ask away..

There are no women on the internet.

edit: first!

Welcome!

[quote name='Scorch']Someone needs to do an IP check, I think it's the dj k8e guy.[/quote]

It's her.

[quote name='fatbeer']This is going to be unfriendly welcome after what dj k8e pull off.even if your the real deal[/quote]

What happened? I guess I missed it.

Really its me. And yes I can handle this. As for pics, I will work on it if someone works on an avatar for me.

Whipsmart Banky should do the avatar. And welcome~you're a brave lass to jump in with the likes of us CAGs....

My question is what are you here to answer again? Questions about Wombat, or yourself? Even Cheapy doesn't have a spokeswoman/mouthpiece doing his PR. Mr. 'bat must be some kind of bigwig to have a "community liason" now... :p

Well since she is calling herself MrsWombat her avatar should be Wombat's avatar with a pink bow. Hey, it works for the Pacman family.

OK.. lets see.. Wombat likes whatever soda, Coke or Pepsi, that I like. We tend to switch it up (hehe).. Wombat does not wear silky underwear.. but I do.. I'm still learning the proper place to post things.. so I didnt realize I should of posted in the off topic forum.. I apologize... and Im here to answer anything the community wants to ask.. to the best of my ability... about me or about the ways of the wombat.. but I will not tell Wombat's real first name.. his real name is his ONE secret I will leave to him to reveal.. and our new couch is a slate blue microfiber one and very comfy.. we fall asleep on it all the time.. and I love the idea of my avatar being the wombat with the pink bow.. really retro.. I love it!! Ok and people.. I am not easily offended or anything.. I have a great sense of humor.. but I'm not an expert on gaming and stuff.. so bare with me.. anyway, hope to hear more from you all soon..

How do you feel about Deconstructivism?
Do you feel the recent mainstream success by Gehry and Liebeskind is a natural progression that started with the rise (and fall) of the Post-Modernism of the New York Five and DeCon pioneers like Eisenman or Zaha Hadid? Do you agree Mies is an awesome name for a son (or a cat?)

Okay, I just made all that stuff up. I do have a son named Mies though.
Welcome aboard (pun intended), and architects UNITE!

Do you ever wake up and find the 'Bat snuggling a new, plastic-smelling (you know what I'm talking about, CAGs!) game console under the covers in his sleep? Yeah, that's all I got.

Now CAG really is becoming a family. If we organized our cheap game hunts, we would be like the mafia.

I heard that the size of a man's signature correlates to the size of his wee-wee. Wombat has a huge fucking sig. Care to comment?

Welcome Mrs. Wombat. A few questions:

1. How sick of Oblivion are you?
  2. What do you typically do when Wombat is doing the CAGcast? I imagine your apartment in NYC is pretty small (since they all are and everyone I know in the city lives in a 15' x 15' room). Has there ever been a time where you wished Wombat wasn't busy talking out loud in the apartment for an hour?
  3. Does nutrisystem really work? I need to drop 15 and I'm thinking about doing it and I remember Wombat mentioning it on the CAGcast.
  4. What's your favorite restaurant in NYC? I've been to a ton of them (I worked there for 3 years until last November) but when the wifey and I trek in we are always looking for something new.
  5. Could God microwave a burrito so hot, that He himself could not eat it?

Welcome Mrs. Wombat. A few questions:

1. How sick of Oblivion are you?
  2. What do you typically do when Wombat is doing the CAGcast? I imagine your apartment in NYC is pretty small (since they all are and everyone I know in the city lives in a 15' x 15' room). Has there ever been a time where you wished Wombat wasn't busy talking out loud in the apartment for an hour?
  3. Does nutrisystem really work? I need to drop 15 and I'm thinking about doing it and I remember Wombat mentioning it on the CAGcast.
  4. What's your favorite restaurant in NYC? I've been to a ton of them (I worked there for 3 years until last November) but when the wifey and I trek in we are always looking for something new.
  5. Could God microwave a burrito so hot, that He himself could not eat it?

Ms Wombat, my question is are you as cheap as Wombat ? Most couples one is cheap and the other is usually a spender. It is a nice balance, so I was wondering how cheap you are compaired to Wombat.

OK..first of all , to novocain, I havent been in architecture school in 8 years..and the real world has caused me to put architectural history as just that ...history... but I can comment to the fact that Mies is a very cool name for your son (or a cat) and that Im thrilled to hear from my fellow architects..

Moving on..Wombat does dream of video games alot.. but snuggling with a console?? maybe when I am away.. he doesnt like to sleep by himself.. but Zelda (our dog)is usually here to keep him company..

Next, has anyone told you men that women really don't care about size?. its about quality not quantity.. ok.. well at least for me thats how it is.. so to comment on Wombat.. well Im still married to him aint I?

I actually dont mind Oblivion really.. although it is starting to get old now.. different characters.. same story and really same missions.. luckily Wombat is pretty bored of it as well..

As for what I do while Wombat is recording the show.. sometimes Ill sit on our couch and listen to him for a little bit.. but usually its my job to take the dog in the other room and keep her entertained (as you've all heard.. I dont do a great job of that.. Zelda loves her daddy!!) Reality is I watch Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars in the other room and let Zelda do whatever she wants..

Nutrisystem does work.. if you stick to it and can get over the fact that the food isnt phenomenal.. what we learned from Nutrisystem was "portion control" which I believe to be the best diet anyone can do..

Fav restaurant in NYC.. ok... fancy wise.. Wombat took me to Del Posto for my 30th birthday and it was "to die for".. yum.. other than that.. really too many to list.. I love steak so any steak place is good.. like Smith and Wollensky, Bull and Bear, etc.. our newest fav place is The York Grill.. cheapwise.. Anything Italian.. Tony De Napoli's.. Lasagna (local mid town east side place in our old neck of the woods), etc..

I think I got all the new questions in there.. if I didnt.. call me on it.. keep them coming CAGers.. and I really would love that avatar!!

OOPs.. just noticed I missed one.. and a good one at that..

No I am not as cheap as Wombat.. in fact I would be the opposite of Wombat.. lets put it this way.. I just got back from a Sunday worth of shopping.. my winnings (ok I didnt win them.. but damn it... I earned it all) were 4 pairs of shoes.. but I did get Wombat his Valentine's Day gift.. so it evens out.. but yes.. I am a big spender.. .. although I do look for good deals.. shop off the sales rack and stuff... but I believe you only live once.. so you might as well enjoy it..

Mrs. Wombat:
mrswombatavatarta0.gif

Bow, lips, and bewbs.

Just like the real Wombat, except without lace panties.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Mrs. Wombat:
mrswombatavatarta0.gif

Bow, lips, and bewbs.[/quote]

DjK8ie was a dude?

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Mrs. Wombat:
mrswombatavatarta0.gif

Bow, lips, and bewbs.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: My pink bow suggestion made the final cut!

Hi Mrs. Wombat. Welcome to the community.

Javeryh, I highly suggest Onera. It's a Greek Restaurant on 79th between Broadway and Amsterdam. Had dinner there New Year's Eve and the food was incredible. Nice ambiance, too.

Welcome to the CAG community, may the gods help you Mrswombat.

my question is one about wombat, do he think he looks up to CheapyD? Does he talk about him all the time, call em on the phone acting all like, "watcha doin? oh, playing video games. yeah. no. i just wanted to know what you were thinking."

another question what is your favorite console and why?

Welcome Mrs. W!

Glad to see you finally registered and took the plunge into CAGdom so to say ...

*whistles and walks off*

Have you passed the ARE? Are you LEED certified? What kind os projects does your firm design?

(I'm an architect as well)

Check out my new avatar.. cool huh? I like it..

Anyway, mooching is what makes Wombat.. well Wombat.. but yes it can get annoying.. but sometimes its well worth it.. just to see his eyes light up when he gets something free in the mail.. he doesnt EXPECT it.. he works for it.. he really does.. You all should cut him some slack.. Im sure if you guys could get the free stuff you would try to get it too..

I think Wombat sort of looks up to Cheapy a little.. I mean he seeked him out when he discovered CAG.. but I think its a mutual respect more than anything else now.. They do talk alot, but its sort of like finding that friend that you have so much in common with that its just natural that you talk alot. I do joke with Wombat though that CheapyD is his "mistress".. but Cheapy is just as guilty as Wombat.. They enjoy talkign about video game stuff and playing games together.. but its not in a creepy stalker way..

My favorite console to play is Xbox 360.. I dont like how huge the controller is.. but I like the overall features of it.. I can play co op gmaes with Wombat and I really enjoy the Arcade area on the Xbox Live.. old school though I loved the Gamecube.. cause it was easy to use and play and I love the games on nintendo.

And to usickenme, I am done with my IDP (and have been for years) but I havent decided to take the ARE yet.. My speciality is really more design oriented and I havent decided if I really want to pursue the ARE license.. Instead I may take the NCIDQ.. I also am not LEED certified but may do that in the future. My firm does mostly corporate interiors but we also have a retail studio, base building studio and a broadcast/technology studio that does very well. If any architects out there are in NYC or want to move to NYC and wants a job.. we are hiring!!

Anyway, thanks for making me feel so welcome CAGers!!

I think everyone is hiring in the field. Here in Denver, we've been looking for people for months. I passed the ARE last year and plan on doing LEED this year. We do mainly health clubs/ rec. centers.

Hello Mrs. Wombat! I must say you've created quite a thread here with all the info on Wombat. I think should instant messenger ever die and leave Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck without their communication line, it would be quite the tragedy. Thanks again for the great Christmas present suggestion for Shipwreck...jewelry from Tiffany's is never a bad idea :) . Next time I have an architect question, I'll know who to ask!

Talk to you soon!

Welcome. I have to say that the 51st? CAGcast that featured you and Mrs. Cheapy was my favorite. Very entertaining.

So, er, what was it like living with rats?

[quote name='mrswombat']Hello CAGcast community!!

I finally decided to take the plunge and register on CAG so that I could talk to the CAG listener-ship and field any questions about my hubby, Wombat... oh and read all the juicy stuff you all say about the CAGcast and my man..

I listen to every show and even read the podcast thread and realized that I could probably shed some light on the man that is Wombat, if asked..

Anyway, hope I am welcomed warmly and go ahead.. ask away..[/quote]

Welcome!

I actually mentioned this some time ago in one of the OTT threads and been wondering about it ever since: Are you a redhead? Don't ask me why, and I know this is a dumb question, but you "sounded" like one, if that makes any sense.

Mrs. PlumeNoir is a redhead, and has to put up with all my crap, so I just assume that gingers have a high tolerence or something. ;)

Welcome to CAG Mrs. Wombat!

I'll throw a question your way...do you ever wish Wombat would "grow out" of video games? Sometimes I get the feeling my wife does even though she would never let on to it.

bread's done
Back