What Is the best PSP color?

nharmon91

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Although PSPs in the US are restricted to black, Japan gets all the rainbow goodness. Which color of PSP is the best?

~Colors from Play-Asia.com~

Didn't know they had so many colors out, though I'd still go with black. Probably wouldn't mind having a blue one either.

I've always liked white. I can't stand the way the black shows fingerprints. I have to clean it like 3 times a day.

[quote name='akilshohen']I wish they would make a green one.[/quote]

This close enough? :)

328922883_fed204a50a_o.jpg

Is the matte black one an official color? It would be pretty cool to have a black one that doesn't attract fingerprints.

My fave would have to be either the blue one or the camo psp. It's just too bad the camo one is so expensive and rare.

pspvspsp.jpg

I have both the white and the black. I think Sony definitely made the right choice by going with black for the "standard" color, but the white is very nice. Most people getting another color PSP are doing so at least partially because they want to be different.

BTW The camo and pink ones are hideous IMHO.

White, for sure. Before I got a DS Lite, all I wanted was a damn White PSP. But once I got the DS I realized how much better the DS games were :)

I still think black is the nicest. I would vote for pink, but I like bright hot pink, not that light pearly one that they use.

Ive seen those hot pink faceplates somewhere before too, cant remember where. Ive looked for them a few times, to no avail. If anyone knows off hand where to get one let me know. :)

[quote name='xdl']I still think black is the nicest. I would vote for pink, but I like bright hot pink, not that light pearly one that they use.[/QUOTE]
This seems pretty hot to me. That's actually why I don't like it.

pinksonypsp.jpg

^-- thats Jessica Alba

[quote name='icruise']This seems pretty hot to me. That's actually why I don't like it.

pinksonypsp.jpg
[/quote]
Yeah, I guess thats a little brighter than your standard pearly pink. I had something in mind maybe a little more bright and purple-ish.

Edit: nm

Here in China, PSP's are very popular, and I've seen almost all the colors you've mentioned here...no yellow though.

For those who purchased an alternative color (other than black, or just a later model with the raised buttons). I was wondering if there was improved performance on d-pad heavy games (ie Tekken: DR and SFA3). I am tempted to sell my domestic black with cheesy d-pad attachment for a slick silver model from play-asia. Otherwise, I will probably just take apart the system and modify it myself - but oh the colors! Too many decisions... Thanks!

-Dr. Ugly

I have a black one and i think people will take the PSP seriously in that color and goes well with anything you wear or any bag you carry and any case and accessory too.

[quote name='PagingDrUgly']For those who purchased an alternative color (other than black, or just a later model with the raised buttons). I was wondering if there was improved performance on d-pad heavy games (ie Tekken: DR and SFA3).

-Dr. Ugly[/quote]

no... not much of a difference.... and i mainly play my tekken-DR :D

[quote name='mrx1']Sating Silver!I would definetly trade my black for a satin silver psp.I especially like the wrist strap,assuming it comes with the psp.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chronism/347110829/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chronism/347131114/in/set-72157594462178421/[/quote]

Damn, those are pretty sweet pics.

I might just buy a different faceplate and change only that, that way I can clean the dust that has snuck into my PSP and under the screen ;/

Btw, I've had my PSP for about 2 yrs now, and once in a while I here subtle popping in the audio, whether it's the PSP speakers or through headphones. Odd...

bread's done
Back