- - - - -

New Kmart Clearance Thread

#61 Tsukento   King of Pirates CAGiversary!   3651 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:20 AM

That's the thing. The Wave Bird that you get from the exclusive is a seperate, regular packaged one. The MP exclusive costs $19.99 while the regular does indeed cost $2.

#62 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:32 AM

Don't forget the original Xbox is supposedly going down in price(certain bundles only though, I think) and the last reported price on it was $129.99.

Not a CAG deal yet(and all my local Kmarts sold out of their remaining original Xboxes during Christmas dammit), but it will drop to that 'sweet spot' sooner or later.

BTW, I think the $129.99 price was mentioned for the Forza bundle. Not 100% sure though.

Link to printable UPC from UPCDatabase:

http://www.upcdataba...c=0882224057332

UPC#0882224057332

Hope this helps...

#63 Tsukento   King of Pirates CAGiversary!   3651 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:00 AM

Though good luck finding the Xboxes, seeing as how stores have pretty much stopped selling them not long after the 360 was released.

#64 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:08 PM

That's the thing. The Wave Bird that you get from the exclusive is a seperate, regular packaged one. The MP exclusive costs $19.99 while the regular does indeed cost $2.

That wasn't the case for the one I picked up. It was a package of both the wavebird and an exclusive kmart copy of Metroid Prime, the box art of which includes the Kmart logo and such. You can't mistake it for an unbundled copy. The kmart artwork is not a sticker. I certainly wasn't unhappy with paying $20 for a Wavebird, plus a free copy of Metroid Prime, though! :)

#65 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:12 PM

What sucks is that pretty much all the games have stickers over the upc's making them ring up at the generic prices.

It depends on the kmart. Most of the kmarts I've been too either didn't have the boxes stickered or only had some of them stickered. Also, if there are copies in a clearance bin that are stickered, but also copies behind the glass, the ones behind the glass may not be stickered, so get an employee to get you one of those and find out.

#66 Spaceboy176   GOOD cheap games rock!!! CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Spaceboy176

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:32 PM

No luck for me. Was hoping to snag Huld: UD for GCN. :(

#67 thekeybladewars   Smoke a bold. CAGiversary!   2930 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

thekeybladewars

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:49 PM

Is Killer 7 for the ps2 any good?

#68 lurknomore   Selling my stuff.... CAGiversary!   3421 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:20 PM

This thread has been dead to me for several months now. I long for the days of picking up trade fodder.

#69 Brian9824   CAG-Obsessed CAGiversary!   3541 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:47 PM

It depends on the kmart. Most of the kmarts I've been too either didn't have the boxes stickered or only had some of them stickered. Also, if there are copies in a clearance bin that are stickered, but also copies behind the glass, the ones behind the glass may not be stickered, so get an employee to get you one of those and find out.

I've checked behind the glass. Literally 100+ games stickered with generic UPC's.

#70 Brian9824   CAG-Obsessed CAGiversary!   3541 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:50 PM

I did managae to snag 7 of the Mario Party 4/wave bird combos last year at $7 a pop. I've never seen a bundle ring up as 2 items in fact I wouldnt know how they could as they are 1 item.

#71 Pootie Thang   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1267 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Pootie Thang

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:50 PM

I've checked behind the glass. Literally 100+ games stickered with generic UPC's.

All the games that I bought yesterday were in a huge pile behind the glass, I had to look closely, but they rang up cheap like first OP said.

#72 MightySlacker   RANCH! RANCH! RANCH! CAGiversary!   2542 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

MightySlacker

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:51 PM

Don't forget the original Xbox is supposedly going down in price(certain bundles only though, I think) and the last reported price on it was $129.99.

Not a CAG deal yet(and all my local Kmarts sold out of their remaining original Xboxes during Christmas dammit), but it will drop to that 'sweet spot' sooner or later.

BTW, I think the $129.99 price was mentioned for the Forza bundle. Not 100% sure though.

Link to printable UPC from UPCDatabase:

http://www.upcdataba...c=0882224057332

UPC#0882224057332

Hope this helps...

The price is $126 for the Forza bundle - I picked it up today. Didn't want to gamble waiting on it to hit 50% off

Dave

#73 Zenithian Legend   Banned Banned   13122 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Zenithian Legend

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:03 PM

This is the attitude & ungratefulness that I was referring to earlier. It's not needed, and IMO this person can go find clearance games on his own. As far as being too hard to read & too out of date, I have no idea why you'd say that. I updated that thread constantly with new stuff all the time. If a week or more went by without updates, that meant there was nothing new to post. I also dare say that I am the only one who has started a clearance post which included UPC's which I believe has been very helpful for some people. So if you have a problem with reading numbers then I suggest you re-take math or reading, whatever. That thread was the most organized of any others that have been on here & I'm sure many others would agree. Enough with you now...

Wow bitter much? If you want beef go eat a cow bro.

First of all I've been finding deals well before you showed up sister (less than a year ago might I add), and I sure as hell don't need you to help me. :lol:

Second, I only say the previous thread was hard to read because there were many, many pages of chaos beyond the front page. Nowhere do I say your post was hard to read, I said the "thread" was hard to read. So, by that logic if I need to re-take math, then you're the one that needs to re-take reading.

Third, if you can find some of my later posts in the previous thread, you'd see I was one of the only ones criticizing people that demanded you make a new thread immediately. Again the failure to read :lol:

You need to learn to relax buddy, it's just a clearance thread. If you were so obsessed with doing it you would've started a new one up before the other one got locked.

Oh, I guess that also explains why you went and thread-crapped on the sears clearance thread, what are you like 14 :applause:

#74 Brian9824   CAG-Obsessed CAGiversary!   3541 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:12 PM

All the games that I bought yesterday were in a huge pile behind the glass, I had to look closely, but they rang up cheap like first OP said.

Trust me I know how to check the games...

Around christmas time they slapped generic UPC's on many games for the holiday that when scanned will ring up at $14.99 as "Video Game"

All of the games behind the case have those generic UPC's slapped on them, i've checked and they all ring up at $14.99.

#75 Brian9824   CAG-Obsessed CAGiversary!   3541 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:13 PM

FYI Donkey Konga 2 w/ Bongos rang up as $5 for me today. Managed to snag that and Psychonauts from my trip so not a total waste.

#76 covelo93   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   3 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

covelo93

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:09 PM

Help me out please. How does this work? Are these the prices of the games in store? I checked the website to see if there were any sales. Also, what does YMMV mean? Like I said I am brand new to this.

#77 MichaelGTdriver   ビーグル CAGiversary!   1354 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

MichaelGTdriver

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:19 PM

I was amazed, My local KMART case was nearly wiped out ..and Low-n-Behold a cardboard standee manifested with? Games with UPC stickers covering them, A bummer because Ive donbe fairly well finding cheap games there. :roll:

#78 Pootie Thang   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1267 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Pootie Thang

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:31 PM

I went to another K-Mart today (A popular one, not like the awesome deserted one I went to yesterday.) I looked around for like 30 mins for another Xbox Live Kit. As I was walking out I seen one on an end cap, and I grabbed it. I was opened though, anyways, I took the chance. I just entered it into my Xbox 360 and it worked!

#79 Jobb   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   138 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:42 PM

Nice to see an e-pissing contest over a disputed Kmart clearance thread.

#80 hupp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   200 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:45 PM

my kmart has nathan
not even a feel the magic or smash bros.
true swing golf rang up at 15 dollars for me:cry:

#81 rapsodist   My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip CAGiversary!   3122 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2007 - 01:02 AM

Help me out please. How does this work? Are these the prices of the games in store? I checked the website to see if there were any sales. Also, what does YMMV mean? Like I said I am brand new to this.

These are clearance prices that you can find in-store, but they probably won't be tagged accordingly so you'll have to have them scanned. It's very unlikely that you'll find these prices online.

YMMV stands for "your mileage may vary" which means that the clearance price posted isn't universal. For other acronyms commonly used at CAG, refer to the Wiki at: http://wiki.cheapass...ist_of_acronyms

#82 Slash   Bunny CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:39 AM

I STILL need someone to maintain http://kmart.slashbunny.com/

There is an interface for adding and updating prices and all the highlighting and UPC-making is automatic from there. It's easy.

shiningslade didn't want to do it (although it would make his life easier as he wouldn't have to manually highlight and de-highlight entries every couple of weeks) and country gave up I think. If you follow this thread religiously and have a few minutes a day, I just need your IP and you can access the administration screen. PM me. Otherwise that site will just go to waste and never be updated. :(

#83 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13845 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:33 AM

Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation (GBA) is $10.

#84 coasterman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   133 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

coasterman

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:26 AM

I was able to find NBA street Vol 3 (GC-the one with Mario) for $15 but it might be YMMV since it had the generic sticker on it.

JEFF

#85 Tsukento   King of Pirates CAGiversary!   3651 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2007 - 07:54 AM

O rly? Guess they lowered it even more when I last checked, since it came up at $20 a couple of months ago. Think I'll grab that later. :)

#86 freshzen   Big Mon CAGiversary!   4409 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2007 - 10:36 AM

Sweet thanks for sharing! Been watching that one :)

#87 Tsukento   King of Pirates CAGiversary!   3651 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2007 - 01:18 AM

Ouch. Looks like my Kmart's caught on to me and started putting new clearance stickers on a few games. Noticed they moved Castlevania Double Pack and Final Fantasy IV on the bottom shelf with all the other clearanced items. Saw they still had a few of the Eye Toys with cameras clearanced, as well as a 3-Month Xbox 360 Live kit.

Pretty much everything else is done with. I think I cleaned them out with everything else. I also noticed they pulled the remaining copies of the Metroid Prime/Wavebird exclusives since they didn't have any more Wavebirds (there were about three copies of the game left). They also had a few PSOne car adaptors sitting around.

And to add to the Wiki for GameStop/EB Games, I asked about the trade-in value of Metroid Prime Pinball. It's been lowered to $2. So we have another game you can't really make a profit off of now with them.

#88 io   ... Super Moderators   24648 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2007 - 01:53 AM

Ouch. Looks like my Kmart's caught on to me and started putting new clearance stickers on a few games. Noticed they moved Castlevania Double Pack and Final Fantasy IV on the bottom shelf with all the other clearanced items. Saw they still had a few of the Eye Toys with cameras clearanced, as well as a 3-Month Xbox 360 Live kit.

How much are the 3-month kits selling for? I struck out on finding another 12-month kit (want 2 to get 2 years paid for) at 4 other Kmarts after finding one at the first one I tried. But I see these 3-month kits at all of them. If they get cheap enough I suppose they'd be worth grabbing (need to be $6 or less to match the 12-month kit).

#89 Tsukento   King of Pirates CAGiversary!   3651 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2007 - 02:23 AM

Unfortunately, I was too turned off from the lack of anything that would catch my interest, so I didn't really bother to check. I know the clearance tag said $32, but it's likely not to be the actual price since the tag is old and the 12 month kit I bought a month ago had a $52.49 clearance tag but costed me $36.

#90 mikkymuffins   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   172 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

mikkymuffins

Posted 15 February 2007 - 02:46 AM

Very glad to see this thread alive again!

Please add Enthusia for PS2 ($7) to the list.

I have been chatting with some of the managers and several have told me that clearance prices are determined by the stores sales and that stores are given a markdown "allowance" or total amount of dollars the can discount things each month. This might explains the price descrepancies bewteen stores.

Has anyone had luck getting Kmarts to PM each other? I tried today and was shot down...

Keep up the good work everybody, with PS3, Wii and 360 out now I think the best deals are still to come!