Preorder Lost in Blue 2 or Pokemon Pearl/Diamond at gamestop/eb for special stylus

fatbeer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
B180265Ab.jpg

Order Lost in Blue 2 and recieve a stylus pen/screen wipe FREE! The stylus pen lights up as you tap the touch screen to make fire! The screen wipe features a dome with fish and the wipe side looks like sand at the beach. This bonus will ship with your game and is available while supplies last. See stores for details.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B180265A

B180269Ab.jpg

Order Pokemon Diamond for the Nintendo DS and recieve a Collectible Pokemon Diamond Stylus with Dialga Topper Pen FREE! The bonus items will ship with your order and are available while supplies last. See stores for details.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B180269A

B180270Ab.jpg

Order Pokemon Pearl for the Nintendo DS and recieve a Collectible Pokemon Pearl Stylus with Palkia Topper Pen! The bonus items will ship with your order and are available while supplies last. See stores for details.
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B180270A

B180269Bb.jpg

Order Pokemon Diamond and Pearl for the Nintendo DS and recieve Collectible Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Styluses plus a Stylus Holder FREE! The bonus items will ship with your order and are available while supplies last. See stores for details.
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B180269B

GameCrazy is doing this also.

Same with Pokemon Crystal and Diamond or whatever the hell the ones on the DS are going to be called

I don't even have the first game... but I can't pass on a stylus that lights up.

Thanks OP :bouncy:

I do have the "Survival Kids" for GBC, haven't played much, I think I got stuck because I don't know how to make fire.

Can anyone tell me if I need to play Lost in Blue before this one?

I really think there should be a warning clearly displayed when you try to join CAG:

"WARNING: Constant exposure to great game deals can be hazardous to your credit card! We strongly advice against joining this website if you think you might be a shop-a-holic."

I'm not interested at msrp, but I would be hesitant to use a 3rd party stylus on the DS screen. If you just want it as a collector's item or something, then no problem.

[quote name='scottman']I'm not interested at msrp, but I would be hesitant to use a 3rd party stylus on the DS screen. If you just want it as a collector's item or something, then no problem.[/QUOTE]
you have nothing to worry if it is anything like the castlevania stylus

Nooo, I just pre-ordered Pokemon to get a stylus and was thinking I may actually pick it up, now Lost in Blue 2 has another one so soon (and both right after Phoenix Wright 2)? No good, these game companies are getting better at figuring out how to get into my wallet. :cry:

That's a cool looking stylus and lighting up is definitely an interesting idea. And it's even for a game they're not charging an extra $5 for. I'm hoping they make the game a major upgrade from the first one, some of the previews make it sound really similar, hoping they've made a fair amount of changes and just haven't shown them off yet.

No need to play the first one before this one, from what I've read the stories are unrelated and the game's going to play similarly to the first one.

I still need to finish the first one, I'm near the end and just didn't finish it, then got distracted by other games.

So, where's this Pokemon pre-order stylus? Haven't seen one online. I think I will get Lost in Blue 2. I liked Survival Kids. Stayed away from Lost in Blue for the bad reviews, but I may pick it up later. And I'm a sucker for a freebie stylus like everybody else :)

[quote name='neonglow']The stylus looks cool, but I didn't enjoy playing the first game. Hmmm.....[/quote]

One can only hope that the reason for the sequal is to address the complaints against mechanics of the previous game.

And yet sadly the likelihood is that they didn't fix anything, thus the stylus. :roll:

[quote name='Vegan']One can only hope that the reason for the sequal is to address the complaints against mechanics of the previous game.[/quote]

[quote name='Scorch']GameCrazy is doing this also.

Same with Pokemon Crystal and Diamond or whatever the hell the ones on the DS are going to be called[/quote]

Pokemon Diamond as Pearl :D Anyone know when the Pokemon stylii will actually be available? There is no doubt I am preordering Pokemon Diamond, and I would like the stylus.

Anyway, the sylus seems cool, but I will not pay retail for the game. I would buy it right away if it had WiFi, but since it doesn't, I shall wait for it to be on sale/clearanced.

[quote name='tuffcookie']Does anybody know where I can get the first version without it being above $40?[/quote]
There's a lot on eBay for decent prices but they're all from Hong Kong and I don't know how much trust I should put in such a product.

[quote name='Vegan']There's a lot on eBay for decent prices but they're all from Hong Kong and I don't know how much trust I should put in such a product.[/QUOTE]
i got ds games from hong kong before and they are fine

I just finished the first one. Best game on the DS so far. I finished it in 6 days, but I played this thing all weekend. It is SOOOOOOOOO great.

[quote name='trunks982']how do u get free shipping? i put in SAVER and it says free shipping on next order.[/QUOTE]

continue to check out and select "USA Value" shipping method ($2.99) and free shipping will be applied

I hope this one is better than the first... I had high hopes for the first one as it looked like one of the best DS games back when we were getting crap like Asphalt Urban GT and Sprung.

*sigh* I preordered it... since the first one is so hard to find. I want to play it again, even if it wasn't that great, it was fun to play.

Does anyone know if you have to order BOTH the pokemon games to get the free stylus, there is an employee at my ebgames that keeps insisting that you have to reserve BOTH games and he will not bend on that statement whatsoever. As we all know buying both of these pokemon games is completely unecessary because due to worldwide trading via wifi internet you will be able to obtain all pokemon in one game pak quite eaisly.

[quote name='SaraAB']Does anyone know if you have to order BOTH the pokemon games to get the free stylus, there is an employee at my ebgames that keeps insisting that you have to reserve BOTH games and he will not bend on that statement whatsoever. As we all know buying both of these pokemon games is completely unecessary because due to worldwide trading via wifi internet you will be able to obtain all pokemon in one game pak quite eaisly.[/quote]

Sounds like BS to me. Also, there isn't any mention of the bonus on the website, I hope its legit.

If he keeps doing that I will just cancel and preorder at the other gamestop store near me then, especially if there is no mention of having to reserve both games on the website. If it gets really bad I will call customer service and complain. He is probably just trying to get me to reserve both games so they can get more reserve credit for their store.

The stylus offer should be legit, although I cannot comment on if you have to reserve both games or not, I have seen the stylus offer posted on a few other pokemon news websites.

[quote name='fairtrade']Nooo, I just pre-ordered Pokemon to get a stylus and was thinking I may actually pick it up, now Lost in Blue 2 has another one so soon (and both right after Phoenix Wright 2)? No good, these game companies are getting better at figuring out how to get into my wallet. :cry:[/quote]

Gah... there's a Pokemon one too? I am sooo freakin screwed.... *sigh* I already regret missing out on the PW2 stylus...

I wouldnt regret the PW2 stylus, it looked cheaply made and looks like you could snap it in half in a second.

The rest were good though, LIB stylus looks good, but I am not buying this game for that, the first LIB was horrible, and was basically a task of keeping your health up, and if you couldnt do that, forget about the rest of the game. I would never buy another LIB game again, very boring game.

That's a pretty neat-o looking stylus. Of course since it lights up every time you touch the screen and it's impractically shaped, it'll probably be pretty useless... but it still looks as cool as all balls. Normally I'd wait for an inevitable price drop on a game like this, but on the other hand....

[quote name='SaraAB']The rest were good though, LIB stylus looks good, but I am not buying this game for that, the first LIB was horrible, and was basically a task of keeping your health up, and if you couldnt do that, forget about the rest of the game.[/quote]
Ummm...that's kind of the point of the game you realize?

The burden of travel, dangers of the elements, keeping well fed and watered. It's a scary feeling to be on an island with only your wits and a partner who's glasses you accidentally crushed.

The game is full of the beautiful, passive cruelty of nature. Here you are on a deserted island and just by existing you are draining your resources.

Everything you need to survive indefinitely is just sitting out there, ready for you to take it--but taking it is a struggle. It's not that it's difficult; shaking a tree until a fruit falls, opening your inventory, and eating it is easy. What's difficult is that you've got to do that all the time until you create the means to gather food more efficiently.

That's what this game is all about, really. Efficiency. Economy of motion. Conservation of resources. It's also gorgeous to look at. Will you notice in your struggle to live, however?

[quote name='SaraAB']Does anyone know if you have to order BOTH the pokemon games to get the free stylus, there is an employee at my ebgames that keeps insisting that you have to reserve BOTH games and he will not bend on that statement whatsoever. As we all know buying both of these pokemon games is completely unecessary because due to worldwide trading via wifi internet you will be able to obtain all pokemon in one game pak quite eaisly.[/quote]

The employee is an idiot or he's trying to get more pre-orders you only need to pre-order on version to get the stylus ask them again when there is a different worker if they still say that either find another GS/EB, order online, or call their company to see if they can help..

The stylus for pokemon D/P was announced when they had announced the release date on nintendo.com, but they never showed what they look like which i'm hoping soon hopefully it's good.

Lost in blue was my first ds game to play since I was a fan of survival kids and this stylus looks pretty cool i'll be getting LIB2 anyways so i'll pre-order this for the stylus. =)

[quote name='62t']but the castlevania stylus is made by hori and is really good.[/quote]
I already owned a 2-pack of the Hori adjustable stylus pen so I was a bit miffed by the fact that the Castlevania stylus was simply that exact same Hori product with the game's logo printed on it. But given that the original pen was such a solid piece of work, I can't really complain. I only wish that the Castlevania edition came in black, especially since Hori never manufactured the original pen in that color.

roc's feather;2660811]Normally I'd wait for an inevitable price drop on a game like this said:
The "inevitable" price drop will probably never come.

90 percent of the time, with handheld games, I don't wait. They don't drop, they disappear and go up.

A lot of handheld games do drop, however the pokemon games do not drop, especially with online play, do not bother waiting, if anything the ebay prices will be skyrocketed for this game around launch so your best off preordering to guarantee your copy. A lot of games had shipping problems like Hotel Dusk and I remember the Nintendogs fiasco a while back, so your best off preordering in case it happens with pokemon.

Unless a store has it on sale on launch date, which you can find out ahead of time thanks to speedy's hard work with the weekly ads, then preorder your copy.

I saw a picture of the stylus, I think it was white with pokemon characters on it, probably similar to the castlevania stylus, it was just a normal DS LITE stylus. I cannot guarantee that this is the stylus they will be giving out with the preorders but that is what I saw when the launch date was announced.

Believe me I WILL NOT let Ebgames push me around and tell me that I have to preorder both games in order to recieve the bonus, I would be more than happy to call customer service right in the store if they give me a hard time. This is a person that has known me for a long time that is doing this to me and I cannot imagine him doing it, however it could be that he has been so brainwashed from working at ebgames that he will do anything to get more reserves, including lie to the customer.

He may want you to reserve more games so he gets more pre-order bonuses. That way he has some to resell. I talked to a guy at one store like that.

EDIT: Heh. Come to think of it I believe that was the dude who brought up CAG. I never mentioned it but I finally had 1 GC clerk mention CAG.

[quote name='Pijaibros']Ummm...that's kind of the point of the game you realize?

The burden of travel, dangers of the elements, keeping well fed and watered. It's a scary feeling to be on an island with only your wits and a partner who's glasses you accidentally crushed.

The game is full of the beautiful, passive cruelty of nature. Here you are on a deserted island and just by existing you are draining your resources.

Everything you need to survive indefinitely is just sitting out there, ready for you to take it--but taking it is a struggle. It's not that it's difficult; shaking a tree until a fruit falls, opening your inventory, and eating it is easy. What's difficult is that you've got to do that all the time until you create the means to gather food more efficiently.

That's what this game is all about, really. Efficiency. Economy of motion. Conservation of resources. It's also gorgeous to look at. Will you notice in your struggle to live, however?[/QUOTE]

wow! very well said - best description of the game I've read. Loved this game and can't wait for the second. Will definately preorder for that sweet stylus.

[quote name='Pijaibros']Ummm...that's kind of the point of the game you realize?

That's what this game is all about, really. Efficiency. Economy of motion. Conservation of resources. It's also gorgeous to look at. Will you notice in your struggle to live, however?[/QUOTE]

You should write for a game mag.

well..now they finally include those pokemon diamond and pearl stylus on their website including the horrible looking stylus.I added those in case anyone is interested.It still might be collectable,consider how the well franchise been doing.even those toyrus downloadable are worth something

B180269Ab.jpg

Order Pokemon Diamond for the Nintendo DS and recieve a Collectible Pokemon Diamond Stylus with Dialga Topper Pen and a Stylus Holder FREE! The bonus items will ship with your order and are available while supplies last. See stores for details.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B180269A

B180270Ab.jpg

Order Pokemon Pearl for the Nintendo DS and recieve a Collectible Pokemon Pearl Stylus with Palkia Topper Pen and a Stylus Holder FREE! The bonus items will ship with your order and are available while supplies last. See stores for details.
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B180270A

bread's done
Back