"Post your Guide collection here!" thread

Pookymeister

Staff member
Feedback
736 (100%)
At the behest of 6669. who begged me to make this, I will start off with pics of my game guide collection. Feel free to drool, make comments about "Why the hell do you have a guide for Black?", or post your own.

guidecollection2127wh4.jpg

I dont have witty comments like Pooky does. :lol: But I do have a Gamepro strategy guide!!!!

[quote name='6669']] But I do have a Gamepro strategy guide!!!![/QUOTE]
That's an automatic phail right there.

I personally have a ton of guides back home (at the college dorm now). Most of them are older, rare, and for RPGs. None of this penny guide nonsense. ;)

I'd post my collection, but its not as good as the ones above and I'm too lazy. I still have several guides for games that I don't own.

TBW

Someone give me the Lunar 2 guide by WD. I need it. Desperately....and for free.

Anyway, if you don't have the Earthbound Guide, your attempts automatically fail. It's perhaps the greatest work of literature ever.

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']I'd post my collection, but its not as good as the ones above and I'm too lazy. I still have several guides for games that I don't own.

TBW[/quote]

Theres a few in there for games i don't own. I don't have a 360 yet, so all those for sure. But for the most part, I have the games to go along with the guides.

Oh yea, i forgot i had makai, nocturne and phantom brave. Those 3 are just sitting on the ps2 shelf along with the games. =]

I'm not sure how my collection measures up, but it's about as big as the ones posted so far and I've only been at this for (under) a couple of months. I'd take a pic, but I store my 'keeper' copies in those magazine-size comic book storage boxes so there isn't much to see unless I pull them all out.

Wow. Lots of LE guides I wouldn't mind having there (as well as several normal guides). Very nice. :applause:

[quote name='Pookymeister']At the behest of 6669. who begged me to make this, I will start off with pics of my game guide collection. Feel free to drool, make comments about "Why the hell do you have a guide for Black?", or post your own.[/quote]

[quote name='AZPunisher']Since you've got RE Archives just sitting on a bookshelf, I'd LOVE to trade/buy it. PM me. :)[/QUOTE]
These aren't our tradelists, ya know. ;)
There isn't much else to do with it, other than sit it on a bookshelf.

[quote name='6669']These aren't our tradelists, ya know. ;)
There isn't much else to do with it, other than sit it on a bookshelf.[/quote]QFT.

Don't turn this into a new TL, people. This is for bragging rights, though it's more suited for the Bragging Rights forum, which is where this is moved to.

[quote name='shrike4242']QFT.

Don't turn this into a new TL, people. This is for bragging rights, though it's more suited for the Bragging Rights forum, which is where this is moved to.[/quote]

:lol: 6669 and I were trying to figure out where to put this, and since the other "Post your Collection" thread was in General Discussion we decided on that.

I don't have any pics of my entire guide collection, but here are a few pics of some guides I found at a garage sale awhile back. These are some of my harder to find guides. I think I got them for under a $1. I'm actually willing to trade the Suikoden II guide, but you need a guide equally hard to find guide like the Valkyrie Profile (ps1 version) guide, one of those hard bound Working Designs guides (especially the Lunar ones), or the Xenogears Strategy guide. I doubt anyone here has any of those guides though.

The rest of my collection takes up only one shelf of my bookcase. My collection isn't that big since my area has always been tough on penny guides. I only have BB as a reliable source.

My guide collection is going to dwaf by other cag.Seldomly,i go out for penny guide.I guess it quality over quantity(mostly rpg guides).I used own bunch of junk guides,but felt there was really no need for them,so everytime i sent a flat rate box on ebay i dump bunch of useless guide.I used to own those rare guides like dragon warrior vii,valkyrie profile,xenogears,lunars,tales of destiny ii,mario rpg,final fantasy tactics,nocturne,digaea and tales of symphony,once i beat them I almost immediately list them on ebay or next 10 or 20 cent listing

Majority of these guide arn't very good,missing ton of stuff that should be included

I'd add mine but it's in about six different places at the moment.

Do I get points for having guides from 15 years ago, when they were printed in black and white and with tiny screenshots, if any? How about guides for Amiga-era computer games like Populous 2 or Dungeon Master?

I'll grab some pictures of mine once I get the guides I've received this past week, and the ones I should have this week, put into order.

As an advance note, mine takes up all of a 7' bookcase, minus some of the bottom shelf.

I always get rid of my guides w/ the games when I finish them and auction it off. You always get an extra $3-10 for bundling the guide w/ the game :)

Damn, some of guys have a ton of guides... I only buy guides for RPGs and/or if they have something worth interest (like the DoubleJump guides- they have great artwork).

This is my small collection of guides. I haven't been collecting long so its not that impressive. I don't plan on putting much more effort into searching due to time and the difficulty in getting penny guides.

A few pics, used to own every psone rpg and guide but got rid of about a quarter of it (the crap I'd never play - digimon worlds, king's fields, beyond the beyond, alundra 2 you know the rest):

[quote name='anteis24']A few pics, used to own every psone rpg and guide but got rid of about a quarter of it (the crap I'd never play - digimon worlds, king's fields, beyond the beyond, alundra 2 you know the rest):

[/QUOTE]

I used to have many of them, but sold them ina bid for desperate cash. Bravo on that Secret of Evermore guide. I too have one, as it's one of my favorite underrated works.
Additionally, I envy your Lunar 2 guide.

[quote name='anteis24']A few pics, used to own every psone rpg and guide but got rid of about a quarter of it (the crap I'd never play - digimon worlds, king's fields, beyond the beyond, alundra 2 you know the rest):

[/QUOTE]

mannn that just aint right.

where did you say you lived again ¿?

j/k

[/QUOTE]

Now THAT is a collection of guides.:applause:

anteis24, that's an awesome set of older guides - I've never even seen most of those in real life. You sure you didn't just Photoshop those pics? ;-)

Ok, as long as we're all doing show and tell, I'm inspired to actually organize my guides and take a couple of pics too. Right now, they're mostly just stacked here and there wherever there's some space.

guides.jpg

The current count is 1090 unique guides (counting duplicates it's closer to 1728). Sorry, but this is a really old pic but I wanted to throw down. Recently I just moved and need to buy 3 new shelf units to display them all. But I will! And take some new photos. Lying flat would take forever, so I'll only do it to a few dozen.

I've been collecting guides forever. Have a complete Versus Books, and two away from a complete Gamefan Books.

[quote name='DonMarco']
guides.jpg

The current count is 1090 unique guides (counting duplicates it's closer to 1728). Sorry, but this is a really old pic but I wanted to throw down. Recently I just moved and need to buy 3 new shelf units to display them all. But I will! And take some new photos. Lying flat would take forever, so I'll only do it to a few dozen.

I've been collecting guides forever. Have a complete Versus Books, and two away from a complete Gamefan Books.[/quote]

Bravo for both (a) quantity, (b) organization, and (c) having all that space available to actually display them. Mine are "displayed" in my house, but in order to actually set them up like that, I'd need a whole new wall in my house somewhere. Hmmmm... I probably could split the hallway in half. Let's see here...

[/quote]

Very nice indeed - especially the first two pics!

[quote name='DonMarco']
guides.jpg

I've been collecting guides forever. Have a complete Versus Books, and two away from a complete Gamefan Books.[/QUOTE]

I like how you have the guides arranged by publisher too - looks slick.

I'm starting to drool at the thought of a possible tradelist for all those dupes you have - although how anyone else is going to have a guide you actually don't own, I'm not sure.

My goal has been to get a guide for every PS2 game I own, if there is one available. I'm close, but still have a bit to go:

guides1.jpg

guides2.jpg

anteis24,that one amazing guide collection.it probably going to be one of most praised guide collection among them all

I have one of those L shaped office desks in my house and I built a 2 shelf bookshelf to hold the guides and tuck away nicely under the unsed part of the L. Apparently I didn't build it long enough, as they have quickly overflowed to the outside of it. And while I can rebuild/modify my current bookshelf to hold all of my current guides (by extending it the entire length of the desk on that side), it will only hold what I have and nothing new. I need more space! Oh yeah, and I didn't take a picture of it, but on top of the desk (on the hutch) there are all the guides waiting to be traded away and a couple random computer guides I have (Doom 3, Starcraft, etc.).

Kudos to Pookymeister & 6669! Great idea for this thread! Now we can actually confirm if a guide has been made for some of those questionable HTF titles. I'm moving in a few weeks, and once I'm settled I'll post pics of my collection. Here are a couple to tide ya over until then though...
IMG_1765.jpg
IMG_1766.jpg

A million guides ago I went alphabatized, but keeping them organized by publisher is the way to go. I keep some dupes on the shelf (less than 40) and use Xbox games as spacers.

left.jpg

right.jpg

doublejump.jpg

asst.jpg

primazelda.jpg

bradysmall.jpg

To the victor go the spoils!

[quote name='DonMarco']A million guides ago I went alphabatized, but keeping them organized by publisher is the way to go. I keep some dupes on the shelf (less than 40) and use Xbox games as spacers.

left.jpg

right.jpg

doublejump.jpg

asst.jpg

primazelda.jpg

bradysmall.jpg

To the victor go the spoils![/quote]

WOW !!! And I thought I had alot of guides. Mind you, I have tons of shit, shit and more shit and nothing nearly as hard to come by as what has already been posted here.

Also, has anyone ever noticed the guide section on Amazon? Many guides are .01(some as far back as 1990) and shipping is only $3.99 per. Just figured I'd give everyone a heads up and bump this cool thread. Now, if I just get off my butt and remember where my digi cam is, I could take a shot or nine of my meager collection(by comparison to the ones in here).

Here's a link to the guide list on Amazon, for those who may be looking for 1-3 of them: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1/102-9053025-2168965?ie=UTF8&rs=3429&sort=price&rh=n%3A1000%2Cn%3A5%2Cn%3A87%2Cn%3A3429&page=1

[quote name='DonMarco']
doublejump.jpg
[/quote]

that lunar 2 guide is probably one of the most expensive guides on ebay today (persona 1 is the top i believe).

IMGP6642.jpg

have lots of duplicates.

[quote name='Vinny']DonMarco, seriously, that is ridiculous. You must have like every guide ever made!! :applause:[/quote]
which brings me, what is the very first strategy guide for a video game?

All of my penny guides go to Bookman's, and get me $2.50 each in store credit to buy games with.
The only guides I own are the disgaea doublejump ones, a pokedex, dragon warrior VII, crisis core and some other crap I haven't bothered trading in yet.

bread's done
Back