Best Buy clearance - 25% (or more?) off

Zoe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I think this is extremely YMMV, but I saw a poster on NeoGAF mention something similar for a different store except it was 50% off.

The Best Buy in Round Rock (Austin), TX has several games marked with a sticker indicating 25% off the marked price. There was a table with the majority of the games near the front of the store, but there were also games scattered throughout the game section.

The discount isn't reflected in the computer, so they have to enter it manually. The catch is that not all copies of the games will have the sticker.

Some highlights w/ sticker price:

God Hand ($19.99) - same as with GGC
Lost Planet CE ($69.99)
Metal Gear Acid 2 ($14.99)
MGS3: Snake Eater ($9.99)
Splinter Cell Double Agent CE ($39.99)
Tales of Legendia ($29.99)
Tiger Woods 2006, PSP ($29.99)
Vakyrie Profile ($39.99)
Valkyrie Profile 2 ($49.99)
WTF ($29.99) - better to pick this up at Fry's or CompUSA for $19.99

Some of the games were in the $9.99 section as well, but I didn't pay attention to those...

Edit: fixes are bolded

[quote name='Alpha2']Metal Gear Acid 2 is 14.99 in the Bestbuy on fifth avenue and 43rd in manhattan.[/QUOTE]

That one should be good at every BB since it was offered at that price at BB.com.

[quote name='Alpha2']Metal Gear Acid 2 is 14.99 in the Bestbuy on fifth avenue and 43rd in manhattan.[/QUOTE]
Awesome -- that's the one I hit up on my lunch break. :) I can never find any GGC there, though -- have they been completely ransacked or am I just looking in the wrong spots?

Here's the entertainment software listings from the Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Houston (HOU), Chicago (IL), Los Angeles/Orange County (LA), Sacramento (SAC) and San Jose/Silicon Valley (SJ) Fry's Ad(s). These prices are valid only for the dates listed in the subject line.

The items listed below are as they appear in the Fry's B&M Ads. If an item is listed as "SJ only", for example, it could still be on sale at other locations (i.e. - Austin, San Diego, AZ, GA, IN, NV, OR, WA), but it only appeared in the SJ ad. However, since these ads are not available online, I cannot confirm them.

If anyone knows of a website to view any further ads, please let me know.

Unless otherwise indicated, items below are listed in all six (DFW, HOU, IL, LA, SAC and SJ) ads.

Ad updates:
DFW, HOU, IL, LA, SAC: Fri-Mon, Weds
SJ: Everyday

Happy Valentine's Day

Missing Ads: HOU

PSP

$29.99
Ghost Rider
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure (SAC and SJ)

Wii

$49.99
Wii Play

PS2

$29.99
Ghost Rider

PC

$24.99
Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords: Gold Edition ($34.99 - $10 Upgrade MIR)

Music

$8.99 (SAC and SJ)
Da Bidness: Keak Da Sneek
Van Morrison at the Movies: Soundtrack Hits

DVDs

$12.99 (SAC and SJ)
Police Story 2

$14.99
The Departed: Widescreen
Marie Antoinette (2006)
School for Scoundrels (2006): Unrated Widescreen

$18.99 (SAC and SJ)
Man About Town

$19.99 (SAC and SJ)
Hellboy: Sword of Storms

$22.99 (SAC and SJ)
The Departed: Special Edition

$26.99 (SAC and SJ)
The Hills: The Complete 1st Season

$28.99 (SAC and SJ)
The Golden Girls: Complete 7th and Final Season

$29.99 (SAC and SJ)
Beauty and the Beast: The Complete 1st Season

This is an odd clearance... my BB had 50% off stickers for the LEs of Prey, Oblivion, and 360 Splinter Cell... the catch was you have to pay the full price and get 50% of the price back as a gift card.

[quote name='lunker']Awesome -- that's the one I hit up on my lunch break. :) I can never find any GGC there, though -- have they been completely ransacked or am I just looking in the wrong spots?[/QUOTE]

Last time I saw the GGCs (as well as all th eother gift cards) they had them on a rack near the front of the store by the cellphone section.

[quote name='Alpha2']Last time I saw the GGCs (as well as all th eother gift cards) they had them on a rack near the front of the store by the cellphone section.[/quote]

All the BBs that used to have GGCs around me told me that they threw 'em out. I had to have a friend pick a couple up from another city. Good luck finding these, they're getting phased out.

[quote name='Scorch']$39.99 new at EB/GS/GC[/quote]

Argh, this BB is apparently really slow at updating the stickers. We went back, and it WAS $39.99 when the cashier rung it up. Acid 2 was also $14.99, not $29.99.

Updating the OP...

The one here has a table of games and there is a sign that says "50% off" then on each game there is a sticker "CASHIER: TAKE 50% OFF"

The games were all in the plastic case to make sure no one did the ol' switcheroo.

Nothing great, Bode Miller Skiing, Godfather (PS2), College Hoops 2K6, Feel the Magic, ect.

[quote name='HyundaiJVX']Nothing great, Bode Miller Skiing, Godfather (PS2), College Hoops 2K6, Feel the Magic, ect.[/quote]

Hey, no dissing Godfather. That's a quality game. It ain't Mercenaries, but it certainly is worth a look.

I live in Round Rock, and cleaned up all of the really good stuff the day they started the sale.

There are still some good things left though, depending on what you're looking for.

This is definitely a YMMV, as the other BB's in the Austin area aren't doing this.

[quote name='Zoe']MGS3: Snake Eater ($9.99)[/quote]

Same price since Black Friday. I think that is a universal price or at least universal for Best Buy stores now.

bread's done
Back