Best DS "game" case?

bingbangboom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
I have been looking around for a great case to put all my DS games in. I have around 10 games but have had a hard time finding a good solid DS case. I was thinking of buying the official Nintendo plastic white case with Mario on it, but seems kinda blah. Only holds 6 games too which isn't bad. I just want something kinda cool looking.

Any ideas?

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a perfect case that holds a good amount of cards, remains compact, and looks good. I've been searching for a while and haven't found a thing.

In the end, I bought one of the first products I came across: the official Nintendo 3-card cases that come in a 3-pack. They're also a nice translucent grey that looks very smooth and allows you to view the labels without opening the cases.

Amazon link

It's not a perfect solution considering the fact that if you want to carry 9 games around you have to bring all 3 cases, but they really are very flat, compact sticks that can easily fit in your pocket.

[quote name='rapsodist']
In the end, I bought one of the first products I came across: the official Nintendo 3-card cases that come in a 3-pack. They're also a nice translucent grey that looks very smooth and allows you to view the labels without opening the cases.
[/quote]

My sister and I have these. I love them!

I use those two. I have over 20 DS game so I've got a bunch of them, but they work great for organizing and protecting your games.

They sell that 3-pack at the local WalMart for under $4.00. I don't have any experience with the product, but they're cheap enough to experiment with.

I store my games in Altoids chewing gum tins...6 carts fit perfectly with no wiggle room.

[quote name='rapsodist']Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a perfect case that holds a good amount of cards, remains compact, and looks good. I've been searching for a while and haven't found a thing.

Amazon link

It's not a perfect solution considering the fact that if you want to carry 9 games around you have to bring all 3 cases, but they really are very flat, compact sticks that can easily fit in your pocket.[/quote]

Wow those cases look great! I'm gonna have to keep them in mind as filler items.

The Naki G-Pak seems like a pretty good carrying case. Ordered mine a while ago from amazon but still have yet to receive it. Might be a lil too big to carry with you everyday though.
Heres a link to a it on amazon

As well we all know (or should know), anything made by Nakiworld and of the G-Pak line kicks ass.

You can snag one of these, which should hold 24. I should have mine within a few days at the latest.

Otherwise I just have an army of those little 3 game clear plastic holders you can get at Circuit City/Best Buy/Target/etc. They are ok.

Try using an Altoids Gum tin to hold between 6-8 games in one tin. I have 15 games and use 2 tins to hold all my games. Plus they are metal to they keep your games safe. If you have a PSP, use the Altoids round mint tins for UMDs.

Yeah something with a little style. I kinda liked the black or brown leather case. Has a nice look to it and holds GBA but I think it takes a few weeks to get. I have a nice CD holder for my games. Looks like a book. And I am thinking about doing something similar. Get a book and glue and hollow it out. Would be kinda cool.

The 3 game holder is absolutely perfect. I have a hori pouch, and arranged properly you can comfortably fit three of those three-game cases in the back zipper pocket. What this means is you can 100% safely carry 10 games with you (one in the system) anywhere you go. The best thing about the cases imo is that they are a nice hard plastic and don't flex easily, but at the same time the games are not held in with any pressure...the design is so perfect that they have absolutely no room to move, but are not being held down or clipped in.

For 5 bucks, its a great buy. Probably the best portable game carrying solution I've ever had. If I ever get a digital camera I'll take pictures to show how well they fit in a hori pouch case.

Then again, I guess the hori pouch is pretty frickin awesome in itself.

I saw an official Nintendo one at TRU, had Mario on it. Held like quite alot for around $10 but don't know... seems too cheesy. I want something stylin' just don't know what yet.

[quote name='orimental']Has anyone thought of using slide album pages in a three ring binder?

http://www.enasco.com/ProductDetail.do?sku=9703920[/QUOTE]

I did just that, actually, about a year ago when I was frustrated with keeping them in order.

They fall out way too easily. The pockets don't close and are fairly roomy, and the carts themselves are slick. There's no friction.

It is a good idea if if would work though. :)

A while back people were talking about these thingies - cool nes controller mint tins - This one's mine but I actually don't use it much - I have an A.L.S. Industries zippered case that holds my dslite eight games and cables/gba carts. You can get the mint tins at World Market/Cost Plus stores and also I think at Hot Topic.

nintendominttin2vq0.jpg

If anyone can't find the little NES mint things, I've seen a ton at my local Hastings. I'd imagine they cost between 3-5 bucks.

If you seriously want one and can't find one, let me know and I'll see what I can do. There are probably several still there.

[quote name='bordjon']A while back people were talking about these thingies - cool nes controller mint tins - This one's mine but I actually don't use it much - I have an A.L.S. Industries zippered case that holds my dslite eight games and cables/gba carts. You can get the mint tins at World Market/Cost Plus stores and also I think at Hot Topic.

nintendominttin2vq0.jpg
[/quote]

Holy crap that is hot. :hot: :drool:

Wouldn't the games rattle around a lot in that tin case? Sure, you could fill it up with lots of games, but take even one out and wouldn't they all be sliding around?

Something I found that worked pretty well: Flash memory card cases in the photo section of your local Best Buy/Circuit City.

I've been using the Lowepro (I think that's right) one that is basically built to hold 6 CF cards and has a longer section at the end which can basically hold 2 more (just not individually). It's got a decent pad on both sides and keeps the games safe.

Hey I think I found a pretty cool solution.

http://www.jiggy.com/product.html?t_q=NT0002W

Basically it is a Leather NES Wallet. Cool thing is that it has a NES Cart tin case. Thought it would be cool to store the DS games in. I also bought those official plastic DS game cases. They hold 3 games each. They fit pretty snug inside the tin with the felt lining or you can just take that out. You could also use the wallet if you want to put the games in there. Should work just as well.

Not bad for $25!

[quote name='fk51785']bought those 3 pack gray case from target for $5.
i might need to get some more soon.[/quote]

I bought some too, and hated them... why make a game case where the cards don't snap in? It should function like the snap-in on a real DS case. Instead you open one of these and half the time all 3 games come falling out.

I'm really liking that penguin united option... the actual penguin logo is a bit weird but that looks like a nice case.

I saw something that looked like A DS case with a nice insert and it held 6 games

no pics though but I think it was on Joystiq that I found it.

Hey Strell, I just noticed how old your post was. How did you like the Penguin case? Do the plastic inserts hold the games securely?

[quote name='catapult37']Hey Strell, I just noticed how old your post was. How did you like the Penguin case? Do the plastic inserts hold the games securely?[/QUOTE]

Indeed. This thing works very nicely, I must say. I'd venture to say it holds them a little too snugly, but that's being overly picky.

The only complaint I have is that the back most page is oriented differently, but this is like complaining "the fourth apple I got had a stem on it, and the others didn't."

It really is a nice little case. Zips shut, holds 24 games in a small space, looks stylish, and has a cute little penguin logo that my gf likes. I might get 2 more at some point (yes, I am a nerd with that many games).

Anyway, really recommend it if you can pay a slight premium on something like a games case.

I was using those plastic 3 cart cases too, but after I came to Japan, I found a similar game case here that is basically 2 of those 3 cart cases attached back-to-back. It holds 6, opens from both sides, and has grooves so the carts don't just fall out when you open it. Best game cases I have used so far.

I can't find them on Play-asia, but I know they are widely available in Japan at most retailers like Yamada Denki or whatever.

well i forgot my club nintendo password so i can't log in, and this is the only image i can find:

photo_50.jpg

basically it's the size of a game case and it comes with several different colored stylii and the left side has 9 molded foam spots to hold ds games

Small bump:

If anyone wants one of those NES Controller Mint things, there's still plenty at a local Hasting's here.

Just a small heads up.

[quote name='bingbangboom']Hey I think I found a pretty cool solution.

http://www.jiggy.com/product.html?t_q=NT0002W [/quote]

O...M...G :drool: Do you guys think I'd look strange using a wallet like that (being that I'm female)? That is SO FREAKIN' COOL!

The tin is pretty darn neat, too...

I have the Naki GPak for my DS games though. It's very nice, but it is a bit hard to get the games out of the little pockets they go on. On the plus side, they sure won't be falling out. I decided to bring all my games in their cases on the extended trip I'm on right now, but I'll be using the bag when I go home to visit my family, and I'm very happy I purchased it. For a few short weeks, it will fit more than enough techie Nintendo type doodad goodness to keep me entertained ;) Very solid too, as Strell has said. Two thumbs up.

[quote name='Strell']You can snag one of these, which should hold 24. I should have mine within a few days at the latest.[/quote]

I picked up one of these Penguin United 24 Game Cases after seeing this post, and it is fantastic. I keep all my games outside of their boxes, and this this worked great for consolidating them all into one spot, rather than having a bunch of little 3 game cases here and there.

I wrote a little review of sorts on my blog (along with pictures!)

http://www.theschlock.com/blog/?p=123

Thanks for the recommend ^_^

[quote name='dyreschlock']I picked up one of these Penguin United 24 Game Cases after seeing this post, and it is fantastic. I keep all my games outside of their boxes, and this this worked great for consolidating them all into one spot, rather than having a bunch of little 3 game cases here and there.

Thanks for the recommend ^_^[/quote]

Thanks for the close-up pictures! I had no idea how small it was, though I guess I should have figured it based on the size of DS carts.

I think I might have to get one...or two...

Those interested in the Penguin United Game Cases, my good friends over at Penguin United has a 10% coupon code for ALL items that they sell. Go to my site for the coupon code under the "Online/Store Deals"

[quote name='dyreschlock']I picked up one of these Penguin United 24 Game Cases after seeing this post, and it is fantastic. I keep all my games outside of their boxes, and this this worked great for consolidating them all into one spot, rather than having a bunch of little 3 game cases here and there.

Thanks for the recommend ^_^[/QUOTE]
Nice review. Glad Strell is liking it (I sold him the case ;) ). I also saw that you are thinking about purchasing the Wii battery charger and stand. FYI, I also reviewed that on my site.

I just picked up the Penguin case on account of the recommendations here. Thanks for the coupon code, too, iazybandit! Unfortunately, I realized that the final shipping and handling cost went up a little bit from the listed shipping fee (I guess that's where the "handling" comes in) plus I got charged tax so the 10% discount was all but negated. Ah well, we're only talking about a dollar difference in the end... I can live with that.

bread's done
Back