Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

NamPaehc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Not feeling the title, but the offical site is now up!

93315520070214screen001ls0.jpg

There is art, dev diaries, and blogs on the way. This title is coming to next gen systems, here is a little about it:

Features
  • During the period between Episodes III and IV, players hunt Jedi in the role of Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice.
  • Unleash and upgrade the Secret Apprentice's four core Force powers - Force push, grip, repulse and lightning - throughout the course of the game, and combine them for ultra-destructive, never-before-seen combos.
  • Examples of unleashing the Force in ways never thought possible:
    • The Secret Apprentice won't just Force push enemies into walls - he'll Force push enemies through walls.
    • The Secret Apprentice won't just Force grip foes to throw them aside - he'll Force grip them in midair, zap them with lightning, then drop them to the ground to explode like a bomb.
  • In addition to new adversaries created just for the game, such as fugitive Jedi and Force-sensitive Felucians, players will also confront and associate with familiar faces from the Star Wars films, including Darth Vader.
There is a huge spread in the latest Game Informer that has actual game screens, more concept art, and details.

*5/26/2007* New Preview.
*5/26/2007* Unleashing The Force Part 1: The New Beginning Dev documentry

[quote name='NamPaehc']Longer clip of the tech demo segment. Looks like they might even be working this new stuff into their other titles like Indy J.[/QUOTE]
Those tech demo videos are very impressive. The only thing that seemed wierd about it was that they were demoing wood being destroyed, which I had never seen in Star Wars before.

[quote name='snack']Those tech demo videos are very impressive. The only thing that seemed wierd about it was that they were demoing wood being destroyed, which I had never seen in Star Wars before.[/QUOTE]

Other than the trees going all splintery on Endor from the AT-ST and other vehicle fire, I can't think of any "wood" items like cabinets, or anything...

Other than perhaps the box Obi-Wan pulled Anakin's Lightsaber from in EP IV.

(Yes, I'm a Star Wars Nerd....)

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Video doesnt work.

I wanted to see it. I am a TECH DEMO NUT!! AHH!!

I'm obsessed with Tech Demo's. Heh. Probably because thats the line of work im shooting for.[/quote]

Yep looks like it is gone now sorry. Maybe someone will rehost it somewhere soon.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Yep looks like it is gone now sorry. Maybe someone will rehost it somewhere soon.[/quote]

Ergh!

Feed my tech demo hunger! :drool:

I have a bad feeling about this...game. Just a strong sense that it'll be short, uninspired, and cheesier than a third-grader's fanfic. And yes, I read the preview.

Has any Star Wars game that takes place between actual movie and actual movie ever been good? I'll take a wait and see with this one.

I mean, my brother did buy an N64 for Shadows of the Empire. Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice, shame on me.

NO NO NO>.... I don't want to be a damn secret apprentice.. I want to be Dark Vader... he's the one that hunted down the Jedi and therefore... I want to be him when I do it. Damn!

[quote name='Thomas96']NO NO NO>.... I don't want to be a damn secret apprentice.. I want to be Dark Vader... he's the one that hunted down the Jedi and therefore... I want to be him when I do it. Damn![/QUOTE]

You don't deserve to be DARTH Vader.

It sounds impressive, but has any Gen of consoles had a good first star wars game ? It always seems like the star wars games don't get good on a console untill it's the 3rd or 4th star wars game released.

That Haden Blackman, I think either was given a 100 question form to fill out or was giving it to people looking for a job to work on a Star Wars game. Had to get them all rigt and all of them where various quizes about SW in general.

[quote name='ndshide']You don't deserve to be DARTH Vader.[/QUOTE]

oops...
DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER,
DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER,
DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER,
DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER, DARTH VADER,

[quote name='KingDox']It sounds impressive, but has any Gen of consoles had a good first star wars game ? It always seems like the star wars games don't get good on a console untill it's the 3rd or 4th star wars game released.[/QUOTE]

On the ps2 the star fighter game was the first SW title I believe and it, and its sequel, were pretty good games

This game has the potential to kick ass, but it sounds like it's going to focus only on using the force to kick the $hit outta people. I want a game that has awesome force powers, but also has some stealth elements and "saber play" like Jedi Outcast.

bread's done
Back