Sam's Club $11 Burnout Revenge and other 360 Games, YMMV

sidr

CAG Veteran
Hey,

I know this isn't a huge deal, but I thought it was about time that I contributed something.

Just came back from the Durham, NC Sam's Club, and they had Burnout Revenge for $11, The Godfather for $20, and a couple other 360 games that were between $15 and $20. I checked the website and the prices have not been lowered, so I'm not sure if this is a storewide deal.

I think Sam's club deals like that are pretty much YMMV. I picked up Far Cry for 360 for $17.xx before Christmas, when it was still selling for $50+ everywhere else. Definitely worth checking out, though.

Sam's Club deals are always YMMV, and they never match their website pricing. Might be OK at one Sam's for that pricing, and at another, nope.

if someone can pick me up burnout ($11) and godfather ($20), i'd be more than happy enough to pay cost, shipping, time, and gas (as long as they live near it of course).

I know this was in another thread, I had my mom check to see if they had Guitar Hero 2 on the cheap, they did not, but they had 3 Wii's in. So yea, i'm a new Wii owner heh. So much for being cheap.

I just came back from the Sam's Club in Brandon, FL and they had no deals whatsoever. In fact most of their older titles were still near retail. Possible they sold out of the good deals though.

[quote name='gorgonzola238']I know this was in another thread, I had my mom check to see if they had Guitar Hero 2 on the cheap, they did not, but they had 3 Wii's in. So yea, i'm a new Wii owner heh. So much for being cheap.[/quote]

sweet, i live in raleigh too...did you go to the sams club by golden corral/target?

Yep, I had to work tonite so she swung by. She called me when I was home on break if I wanted it and I was like, do it. It was bundled with Zelda. It was $298.xx. I'm gonna pay her back for it, but i'm gonna try to get her to play some Wii Tennis. I just need to find another remote.

I'm gonna get a Component Cable before I hook it up.

All Sam's deals like that are store specific. They rarely ever have anything decently priced, but sometimes you can find something on the cheap. Mine just seems to get worse and worse in the gaming department though. I'm just wondering if they are ever going to get HD or Blu-Ray. DVD is so last gen.

[quote name='swetooth9']sweet, i live in raleigh too...did you go to the sams club by golden corral/target?[/QUOTE]

The one on Green Road?

Finding a cheap game at Sam's is like scoring a critical hit. Doesn't happen often, but you should be ready to capitalize on it all the same.

And besides, they usually have nice samples.

[quote name='mietha']All Sam's deals like that are store specific. They rarely ever have anything decently priced, but sometimes you can find something on the cheap. Mine just seems to get worse and worse in the gaming department though. I'm just wondering if they are ever going to get HD or Blu-Ray. DVD is so last gen.[/QUOTE]

My Sam's has HD and Blu-Ray movies. Just about 6 of them in total, and the prices were no better than Target's everyday price. I'm looking forward to Costco having next gen movies.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']The one on Green Road?[/quote]

Yep, that's the one on Green Road. I haven't been to the one downtown in years. This one is closer to me anyway.

Guys!

Chill out. This is going to be a one-store only kind of deal. That's just the way Sam's club is.

In fact, I would wager that all Sam's Club deals need to go into the regional deals sections and not the main deals board.

[quote name='mietha']All Sam's deals like that are store specific. They rarely ever have anything decently priced, but sometimes you can find something on the cheap. Mine just seems to get worse and worse in the gaming department though. I'm just wondering if they are ever going to get HD or Blu-Ray. DVD is so last gen.[/quote]
Well, you let me know when this whole dual format thing ends and movies I actually WANT to own start appearing on the format. After spending weeks of my time over the last decade petitioning companies to release hard to find movies ON DVD, I'm in no hurry to ditch a format that's become so open and accepted.

I mean for pete's sake, it took... 7 years just to get the SHITTY versions of Star Wars released to DVD. Lord knows how long we'll have to wait for LOTR, Indiana Jones, or SW to get released on another format...

I'm sorry, but it irks me when someone starts blathering on about DVD's being last gen when we don't even have a next gen yet. I'm not interested in buying one company or another's propriatary format just for an exclusive title. DVD, VHS, LD and even CED movies were decent formats because they ALL released titles on the single formats. DVD and DIVX was a pretty obvious choice, because no one wanted the crap "convenience" of driving to a store for a home owned rental. Since these two are almost identical technology but built on laser wave length frequency it's retarded that they split the market like this. Universal and Sony's blind thought process that their movies and technology just are THAT much better than the competition is aggravating enough to stay out of either format for awhile.

[quote name='Lord Alfred']Guys!

Chill out. This is going to be a one-store only kind of deal. That's just the way Sam's club is.

In fact, I would wager that all Sam's Club deals need to go into the regional deals sections and not the main deals board.[/QUOTE]

What he said

bread's done
Back