It's almost Halo 3 time... (Halo 3 general discussion)

JimmieMac

CAGiversary!
With Crackdown out on Tuesday it time to start some house keeping on the forum and the clan(s).

Let's get rid of some of the stickys and start to breathe life back into this forum.

What are we doing clan-wise in Halo 3? Are we still going to keep them split or are we going to try and keep a single one this time around?

As for the stickies, none of them seem necessary: the clan discussion will keep itself up, the practice/rules thread no one pays attention to anyways, and the reasons for not playing Halo thread is no longer needed.

I think the way everything is right now is cool. Assuming everyone else feels the same way.

I think we should have a Casual CAG Clan and a Competitive CAG Clan.

Would it be easier to just make this forum non existent and set up a Halo 3 Clan Forum?

[quote name='craven_fiend']I think the way everything is right now is cool. Assuming everyone else feels the same way.

I think we should have a Casual CAG Clan and a Competitive CAG Clan.

Would it be easier to just make this forum non existent and set up a Halo 3 Clan Forum?[/quote]

I like this idea.

I'd rather just change the name to the Halo 3 Clan.

[quote name='Trakan']I like this idea.

I'd rather just change the name to the Halo 3 Clan.[/quote]

That'd probably be the easiest out of all of the options.

Also, how about some informative Halo 3 threads as stickies, rather than the current stickies.

Hell, I'll start a premature thread on Halo 3 Beta impressions in a few weeks.

Quality control needs to be maximized.

In other words, I have a laundry list of retards who'll want to join but shouldn't.

[quote name='Brak']Quality control needs to be maximized.

In other words, I have a laundry list of retards who'll want to join but shouldn't.[/quote]

Yeah, quality control is a huge issue. Thats going to be one of the things that sucks about the casual clan, as its going to be more of a home for the "undesireables", rather than the ocmpetitive clan.

But in all fairness, just because they're in the clan, doesn't mean we have to make nice with them or play with them all the time.

With that said, I plan to be that way, even if I am still going to be Overlord of the Casual Clan. But thats another topic for another time.

[quote name='craven_fiend']That'd probably be the easiest out of all of the options.

Also, how about some informative Halo 3 threads as stickies, rather than the current stickies.

Hell, I'll start a premature thread on Halo 3 Beta impressions in a few weeks.[/quote]

Sounds good, I'll unsticky all the current ones. A Halo 3 Beta 'Bragging Rights' thread should probably be made, if they track the stats.

If you guys like your clan the way it is, you should just keep it that way. If you don't want anyone else in or don't feel like dealing with the assholes, you could always invite members on a person to person basis. Just suggestions, anyways.

Brak, you should post that list.

[quote name='Trakan']Sounds good, I'll unsticky all the current ones. A Halo 3 Beta 'Bragging Rights' thread should probably be made, if they track the stats.

If you guys like your clan the way it is, you should just keep it that way. If you don't want anyone else in or don't feel like dealing with the assholes, you could always invite members on a person to person basis. Just suggestions, anyways.

Brak, you should post that list.[/quote]

As long as we play Zombies on Coag, its cool. :bomb:

I think 2 people come to mind on the do not allow list for the CAG Casuals:

Help1 (whatever his random GT is)
and the toothless wonderkin

I am sure Brak has another few as well.

I am content with the way our clan is set up. And its not like I won't play with people outside of the clan.

Should be a great time, hopefully the game lasts as long as Halo 2 has on Live.

Even outside of Halo don't most of us play with the people we were in the clan with still?

I know Brak and Aznplaya still play shit once in a while, Crispydonut is some where in that mix too. Everyone knows me Trak, Zoo, Pimp and Murc still play shit together.

Maybe there should be a "Re-sign in" topic, for the really casual people to pop in and say they still wanna be in? If we can get that rollin' along we can set up some CAG vs. CAGtac 8v8 matches on Halo 2, to get the rust out and start to get hyped for Halo 3 beta. No better time than now.

[quote name='JimmieMac']If we can get that rollin' along we can set up some CAG vs. CAGtac 8v8 matches on Halo 2, to get the rust out and start to get hyped for Halo 3 beta. No better time than now.[/QUOTE]

Playing for three hours to qualify was shitty, no doubt. To make Halo 2 fun again you've got to have at least two teans of four. I'm sure that more people will hop on anyway whenever a date gets set with the beta release. I wouldn't mind playing a few bigger games though if we could round up 10+ people to play.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Even outside of Halo don't most of us play with the people we were in the clan with still?

I know Brak and Aznplaya still play shit once in a while, Crispydonut is some where in that mix too. Everyone knows me Trak, Zoo, Pimp and Murc still play shit together.

[/QUOTE]
Shit I know I haven't been playing much lately but c'mon--Murc? fucking Murc? The kid who won't jump out of an exhibition match on NBA Live '07 gets a nod instead of me?

I can gain 20 pounds and squint my eyes if you want me to; I'll do whatever it takes.

[quote name='Trakan']Brak, you should post that list.[/QUOTE]
It's mostly committed to memory, but here are a couple that are on the top of the list:

- help1 (no shit)
- PyroGamer

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Shit I know I haven't been playing much lately but c'mon--Murc? fucking Murc? The kid who won't jump out of an exhibition match on NBA Live '07 gets a nod instead of me?

I can gain 20 pounds and squint my eyes if you want me to; I'll do whatever it takes.[/quote]

BiggieTrung is da wickedist.

[quote name='rywateska']Wasn't help1 supposed to leave CAG zewone? Why wasn't that enforced?[/QUOTE]
It was RenegadeZero (hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr).

The reason it wasn't enforced, is because it wasn't a rule, it was a proposition he came up with and didn't fulfill his end of the bargain. Dude's a pussy.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']i'm down. sounds like the beta will be based on a very up-to-date build, should be hot.

sorry, missed this thread when it was relevant.[/quote]

Its still pretty relevant, just not so much for another few weeks, hopefully near the end of May/early June.

[quote name='Murcielago77']i have made my triumphant return to the forums bitches

and yes, i am da wickedist[/QUOTE]
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=fk4P-5YKOUE[/media]

[quote name='JimmieMac']Good games tonight. Cant wait for the new maps.[/quote]

Classic line last night Jimmie, "Craven fucked up the flag throw, no surprise there"

Though in all fairness, I did fuck up, just fucked up and headed away from the base, as opposed to towards it.

And I did lose my team the game due to a ill advised rocket on Murc.

I got disconnected from Live last night, and couldn't reconnect.

I'll probably be around after work, tonight.

Sorry about last night to everyone that was sending invites to myself and a few others on Gears of War. We'd finally gotten the group together and decided to do player matches just for the hell of it.

I might be around tonight.

I'm not gonna be able to afford the new maps until Friday because leather TVs just aren't selling like they used to. I'll be back online playing with you guys then.

I actually have a bit of money in my account, so I got the maps. I'll be online hopefully tonight if I don't crash early.

[quote name='Arikado']I'm not gonna be able to afford the new maps until Friday because leather TVs just aren't selling like they used to. I'll be back online playing with you guys then.[/quote]

You gotta keep them bitches off the payroll.

[quote name='jlarlee']hmmm it is not letting me install the maps. Is this a common problem? Any tricks around it?[/QUOTE]

i can't get them to download either, i've tried everything. bungie needs to fix these issues, now. :whistle2:(

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']i can't get them to download either, i've tried everything. bungie needs to fix these issues, now. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
Have you been charged for it yet? Make sure your credit card info on your account is up to date. I had to try a dozen or so times before it downloaded.

Edit: Do you have to bitch about this on every internet forum?

Double Edit: You work at 1UP. I'm sure you could find a way to make your voice heard by the right people.

[quote name='radjago']Have you been charged for it yet? Make sure your credit card info on your account is up to date. I had to try a dozen or so times before it downloaded.

Edit: Do you have to bitch about this on every internet forum?

Double Edit: You work at 1UP. I'm sure you could find a way to make your voice heard by the right people.[/QUOTE]

yes, charged. yes, gotta bitch on every forum. and no, don't have that kind of obscene power at 1UP. yet. (though i did get to watch the humpday challenge yesterday :) )

[quote name='Murcielago77']jesus can do whatever he wants to do[/QUOTE]

also correct.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio'](though i did get to watch the humpday challenge yesterday :) )

also correct.[/QUOTE]
Halo 3 humpday challenge?

bread's done
Back