Employees Of All Stores - Post Your Stupid And Funny Customer Stories - Part Cinco

[quote name='Doomed']For those who *still* don't know:

http://actsofgord.com

Funny stories. As for me, I don't work in retail.;)[/quote]
I remember someone mentioning it here on CAG, really not that long ago. Nevertheless, I read the whole site in one sitting, hilarious stuff.

[quote name='yukine']I remember someone mentioning it here on CAG, really not that long ago. Nevertheless, I read the whole site in one sitting, hilarious stuff.[/quote]

I know I've mentioned it somewhere, not sure if it was here or not but I found that a while ago; just too bad they never update it.

There is http://www.customerssuck.com as well; it's not too bad, but not many stories.

[quote name='gizmogc']Actsofgord.com and Customersuck.com is where I got the inspiration to start this thread 2 years ago.[/QUOTE]

And the trend continues two years later. :D

Glad to see we have made it to thread five. Lets keep it going CAG.

More stories are always welcome here!

Heh, I just read through Acts of Gord last week... for the third time ever. I go back to that site every six months or so and just read though all the books.

Not a stupid customer story, but a funny thing I saw at Target: a father picks up his kid and says "I'm glad you're being a good kid. Daddy can't carry you when you're crying because he doesn't want to be on Dateline."

[quote name='DigitalSpace']Heh, I just read through Acts of Gord last week... for the third time ever. I go back to that site every six months or so and just read though all the books.

Not a stupid customer story, but a funny thing I saw at Target: a father picks up his kid and says "I'm glad you're being a good kid. Daddy can't carry you when you're crying because he doesn't want to be on Dateline."[/QUOTE]

You must have missed me carrying my 4 year-old kicking and screaming out of a Portland-area Target a few days ago because we wouldn't buy him a ball and thus he chose to lay in the middle of the floor and not leave with us. He's a beast (way big for his age) and he was beating the crap out of me as I carried him. Fortunately I was not alone - my wife and other 2 kids were following behind. But I made sure not to make any eye contact with anyone else on my way out. He proceeded to throw a fit in the car and wouldn't get in his seat. So I left all of them and walked over to EB Games where I scored a sealed Super Robot Taisen 2 for $19.99 (thus bringing this story full circle back to games ;)).

Really, he is a good kid and VERY rarely does this type of thing. We figured he had too much chocolate in the car on our way there (we didn't realize he was stuffing it down the whole time) and very little other food before that. We took him for a burrito after that and he was much better for the drive home. Blood sugar issues hit kids hard sometimes ;).

So all you retail employees, don't judge parents too harshly on anything you see happen once!

I would not judge you harshly because you took care of it and left the store. But the parents that let their kids continue to go ape shit I will judge HEAVILY.Im talking about the kids who rip all the cds from the shelves, scream at the top of their lungs and do it for a extended period of time. And either the parent is right there trying to "reason" with the child or they are there and just allowing it to happen. I tell you if I ever see a parent spank a child like that (spank not punch kick ect....) then I would applaud them.

Well, every kid cries at some point, and he is only 4, what 4 year old doesn't do that at least once or twice in their lifetimes, we were all kids once too and I am sure we have done it before as well. Its just natural behavior that a kid cries and whines because they want something, especially at that age, there is nothing wrong with it. An unsupervised tyrant kid is a totally different situation than this.

Over a ball, your lucky it wasn't over an xbox or a ps2 or some other game console, you would not believe the amount of kids ages 2-5 I have seen throw tantrums just from shopping because their parents will not buy them the expensive gaming system that they are whining for.

I have a beef with the parents (its the PARENTS, not the kid) who let their kids run around in the retail store alone without any supervision, I have seen many many kids ages 3-5 running around unsupervised opening all the boxes in the toy dept. and in general ransacking the place without any supervision or care at all. This is unpleasent for both customers and employees alike because it makes it hard for a customer to shop with a tyrant kid on the loose and its bad for the employees because its hard to handle a situation like this nowdays since you have to worry about the parent's sue-happy reaction to things like this.

One of the biggest problems I have with parents are the ones who let there kids scream and fight with me when I try to take something from them so I can scan it (I work at a grocery store). Just take your damn kid out of the cart, its not that hard and it makes my job easier not having to work around a screaming kid.

[quote name='Dragonsbane']I would not judge you harshly because you took care of it and left the store. But the parents that let their kids continue to go ape shit I will judge HEAVILY.Im talking about the kids who rip all the cds from the shelves, scream at the top of their lungs and do it for a extended period of time. And either the parent is right there trying to "reason" with the child or they are there and just allowing it to happen. I tell you if I ever see a parent spank a child like that (spank not punch kick ect....) then I would applaud them.[/QUOTE]
Oh, dont think I blame the children. No all that for that behavior goes to the parents. And I can understand if you child is crying, it is annoying but if you take care of it it is forgiven. These kids (the ones that ignore them) have the parents that when they grow up bad behavior and grades will all blamed on video games because the parents dont take responsibility.........like Jack Thompson (oh wait he just encourages it...I still hate him:bomb: )

I've gotten some dickhead responces from workers at EB or GS but I just shoot them the "dont-make-me-jump-over-this-counter-and-tackle-you" look and they stop being such dicks. I also work in customer service so I know something custs can be pains, and ludicris. And demanding, bitchy, etc. But at the same time it seems like a lot of video store workings desearve that shit. Gamecrazy employees mostly seem was cooler then EB guys.
Story from a customer:

EB guy: Help you find something?

Me: Nah just looking.

EB guy: for what system?

Me: 360 mostly

EB guy : (smugly goes on a rant) Well I own a PS3 and blah blah ....

Me: Oh word, so what games are you playing on PS3 ?

EB guy: *crickits chirp*

[quote name='SaraAB']
Over a ball, your lucky it wasn't over an xbox or a ps2 or some other game console, you would not believe the amount of kids ages 2-5 I have seen throw tantrums just from shopping because their parents will not buy them the expensive gaming system that they are whining for.
[/QUOTE]

Ah, but see, thanks to this site my kids are desensitized to games and consoles. They get so many (or I should say, I do) that they aren't that big a deal to them. A squishy giant ball with tentacles all over it (yes, it was one of those), on the other hand, is a unique thing ;). And I do admit, we waited until we paid before we left. But he wasn't really screaming at that point. He had been upset a bit earlier without being too loud about it. It wasn't until it became clear that we were leaving without buying the ball that he really let me have it (just a warning to fathers-to-be, when carrying a 3-4 year old be aware that their feet are around crotch level :lol:).

[quote name='io']Ah, but see, thanks to this site my kids are desensitized to games and consoles. They get so many (or I should say, I do) that they aren't that big a deal to them. A squishy giant ball with tentacles all over it (yes, it was one of those), on the other hand, is a unique thing ;). And I do admit, we waited until we paid before we left. But he wasn't really screaming at that point. He had been upset a bit earlier without being too loud about it. It wasn't until it became clear that we were leaving without buying the ball that he really let me have it (just a warning to fathers-to-be, when carrying a 3-4 year old be aware that their feet are around crotch level :lol:).[/quote]

Bleh, I don't want kids...

Random ass customer today.

Me: Would you like a bag for your action figure, or were you ok without a bag?
Her: A bag is fine. Actually, I'm against this whole plastic thing.
Her: To be totally honest, I think you guys (TRU) are the most irresponsible store right now

Me: I'm sorry?
Her: This entire section (R-Zone) is irresponsible for children, you guys should take more responsibility for what you sell to kids. This entire store actually is selling garbage to kids, it's irresponsible.

Me: Well, we don't manufacture the products, we just supply what is made.
Her: Well, you should do a better job in saying no to these manufacturers. Terrible company and store decision.

She was starting to agitate me, since I never said anything originally to spark this awesome conversation. One of my co-workers/friends was talking to me at the time, so I walked away while she was talking, since I didn't feel like arguing at work.

I could then hear her ask my friend why I seemed so "angry", because everyone had a right to their own opinion. Her son (who had to be at least 6-7), then chimed in that he didn't like fighting games (not sure where that came from, since it was never mentioned) and that they were stupid. She also mentioned she used to work for a TV station that ran "GI Joe" and how she thought that show was terrible for kids.

I'm happy I'm finally quitting in a couple weeks. Retail just blows my mind sometimes.

If I would have tried that growing up... oh wait, I did, once. My grandmother picked me up by the collar of my shirt, set me on my feet, booted my ass out from under me and then told me to get up again myself. I stopped crying real fast and learned to never do stupid shit like that ever again.

So now, if I had a kid (which I wont, ever) I'd just grab a pop and sit there watching him scream and tire himself out. Then, after he screamed himself hoarse, I'd ask if he was ready to continue acting like a rational human being, if not, I'd be more than happy to drag his screaming ass home and then put my foot to it.

[quote name='io']Ah, but see, thanks to this site my kids are desensitized to games and consoles. They get so many (or I should say, I do) that they aren't that big a deal to them. A squishy giant ball with tentacles all over it (yes, it was one of those), on the other hand, is a unique thing ;). And I do admit, we waited until we paid before we left. But he wasn't really screaming at that point. He had been upset a bit earlier without being too loud about it. It wasn't until it became clear that we were leaving without buying the ball that he really let me have it (just a warning to fathers-to-be, when carrying a 3-4 year old be aware that their feet are around crotch level :lol:).[/quote]

i work at bestbuy and here are some stories...
customer : do ps2 games on 360
me: *pretends to ignore customer *
customer : hello? there do ps2 games work for the 360
me: i heard ya the first time
customer : well
me: yea they do all you need to do is hack into the system
customer : *buys a 360*
me : lol
(unfortunalty this really happend.....)

_---------------------------------------------_

customer : will a guitar hero guitar work on gamecube...
me: No
customer : xbox
Me: no
customer : then what do they work on
me; something called a ps2 ever head of it? its a 6 year old system that dreamcast to die ....
customer : no...
me: .........
*customer walks away*
-------------------------------_
customer ; got any wii's
me: no
customer ; somone told me that you got some in
me: who?
customer : chris
Me: no body by the name of chris works in this department
customer : let me talk to your manager:
me: ok *gets manager*
me: *comes back with manager*
customer : somone named chris told me you have wiis in stock
manager; only chris that works here has been sick for 3 days;
customer : says fuck YOU for no reason
manger: sry i dont go that way

_------------------------------_

[quote name='Kayden']

So now, if I had a kid (which I wont, ever) I'd just grab a pop and sit there watching him scream and tire himself out. Then, after he screamed himself hoarse, I'd ask if he was ready to continue acting like a rational human being, if not, I'd be more than happy to drag his screaming ass home and then put my foot to it.[/QUOTE]

And you'd be ridiculed on this thread for being one of those parents who lets their kid scream and not do anything about it ;).

As for the second part, kids are not "rational human beings". (In fact, I don't think anyone under the age of 25 or so can be considered as such :lol:) Anyway, you can't treat them (especially little kids) like that. If you have kids (which you won't) you'll learn that fast. There's misbehavior, sure, but it needs to be handled differently at different ages.

Besides, I wouldn't trade my kids for anything - without them I wouldn't be back into gaming like I am ;).

[quote name='io']And you'd be ridiculed on this thread for being one of those parents who lets their kid scream and not do anything about it ;).

As for the second part, kids are not "rational human beings". (In fact, I don't think anyone under the age of 25 or so can be considered as such :lol:) Anyway, you can't treat them (especially little kids) like that. If you have kids (which you won't) you'll learn that fast. There's misbehavior, sure, but it needs to be handled differently at different ages.

Besides, I wouldn't trade my kids for anything - without them I wouldn't be back into gaming like I am ;).[/quote]
Yeah, ignoring kids would just make them act up more, and make everyone else miserable.

You're a responsible parent, io. But it requires too much work, as I'd personally opt for the dropkick method of parenting. That'd stop them from acting up, I assure you.

[quote name='xeno']i work at bestbuy and here are some stories...
customer : do ps2 games on 360
me: *pretends to ignore customer *
customer : hello? there do ps2 games work for the 360
me: i heard ya the first time
customer : well
me: yea they do all you need to do is hack into the system
customer : *buys a 360*
me : lol
(unfortunalty this really happend.....)

_---------------------------------------------_

customer : will a guitar hero guitar work on gamecube...
me: No
customer : xbox
Me: no
customer : then what do they work on
me; something called a ps2 ever head of it? its a 6 year old system that dreamcast to die ....
customer : no...
me: .........
*customer walks away*
-------------------------------_
customer ; got any wii's
me: no
customer ; somone told me that you got some in
me: who?
customer : chris
Me: no body by the name of chris works in this department
customer : let me talk to your manager:
me: ok *gets manager*
me: *comes back with manager*
customer : somone named chris told me you have wiis in stock
manager; only chris that works here has been sick for 3 days;
customer : says fuck YOU for no reason
manger: sry i dont go that way

_------------------------------_[/quote]

you're why I hate to go to Best Buy

[quote name='Scorch']you're why I hate to go to Best Buy[/quote]
He must have gotten this topic confused with the "I'm a douche and here's why" topic.

[quote name='Scorch']you're why I hate to go to Best Buy[/QUOTE]

Agreed. A simple "No, PS2 games will not work on the 360" would've worked. The same with the Guitar Hero question.

No offense Xeno, but you are one the reasons why customers treat people in retail (like myself) like shit. They either think we are stupid as hell, or elitist jerks.

[quote name='yukine']Yeah, ignoring kids would just make them act up more, and make everyone else miserable.

You're a responsible parent, io. But it requires too much work, as I'd personally opt for the dropkick method of parenting. That'd stop them from acting up, I assure you.[/quote]

I used to do the retail thing and when we got the screaming kids or tantrem's going I would flashback to that Family Guy episode where Brian is in a restaurant and the kid is screaming or what ever and the parents aren't doing anything. Brian Flips out and starts mimicing the kid going you like that huh how does that feel. Freakin sweet.

Being a cunt customer is no better. :shame:

[quote name='asianxcore']Agreed. A simple "No, PS2 games will not work on the 360" would've worked. The same with the Guitar Hero question.

No offense Xeno, but you are one the reasons why customers treat people in retail (like myself) like shit. They either think we are stupid as hell, or elitist jerks.[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']Being a cunt customer is no better. :shame:[/QUOTE]

Well obviously, but that's not the point.

The point is that customer's question did not warrant that type of response. Not everyone plays video games, not everyone is informed about them.

A lot of parents buy them for their kids, not really knowing what they are getting. That's why video game retail associates, are there to help out. In no way was that question personal in any way. Sure, it was a "dumb" question, but Xeno's reaction to that question put him in the "elitist" sounding catagory.

Also if a customer is asking if a PS2 game works for a GC, why would you even mention a Dreamcast in that conversation? Way to flaunt your video game knowledge to customers who don't really know what they are looking for.

[quote name='asianxcore']Well obviously, but that's not the point.

The point is that customer's question did not warrant that type of response. Not everyone plays video games, not everyone is informed about them.

A lot of parents buy them for their kids, not really knowing what they are getting. That's why video game retail associates, are there to help out. In no way was that question personal in any way. Sure, it was a "dumb" question, but Xeno's reaction to that question put him in the "elitist" sounding catagory.

Also if a customer is asking if a PS2 game works for a GC, why would you even mention a Dreamcast in that conversation? Way to flaunt your video game knowledge to customers who don't really know what they are looking for.[/QUOTE]

Forgive me for being too lazy-ass to search for it...but is there a "Customers Of All Stores - Post Your Stupid And Funny Employee Stories" thread?

I just love it when employees try to flaunt their "knowledge" around me. I'll probably post some...once I'm through playing the version of "Halo 3" they package with all copies of "Crackdown" ONLY at Bestbuy.

[quote name='paradoxikus']Forgive me for being too lazy-ass to search for it...but is there a "Customers Of All Stores - Post Your Stupid And Funny Employee Stories" thread?

I just love it when employees try to flaunt their "knowledge" around me. I'll probably post some...once I'm through playing the version of "Halo 3" they package with all copies of "Crackdown" ONLY at Bestbuy.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, but somone should make it. Some employees can be just as bad, if not worse than "stupid customers."

[quote name='paradoxikus']Forgive me for being too lazy-ass to search for it...but is there a "Customers Of All Stores - Post Your Stupid And Funny Employee Stories" thread?

I just love it when employees try to flaunt their "knowledge" around me. I'll probably post some...once I'm through playing the version of "Halo 3" they package with all copies of "Crackdown" ONLY at Bestbuy.[/quote]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53624

:D

I was in a local used game shop today and I saw a woman with her two boys. I'd say they were 4, or 5, maybe 6, under 3' anyway. They ask where the Xbox games were and look over the section. The kids immediately pick up True Crime: Streets of LA and the Rainbow Six 3 Companion Disc and demand that they get them. After a few minutes of their mother asking them if they even know how to play those games and suggesting more appropriate kid-friendly games in their place like Blinx or Shrek, she caves and buys them for them anyway, saying something about how "they play them with their dad anyway, so I get overruled."

Jesus I hate my roommate, he was drinking all throughout the night and yelling at his buddies so I got no sleep, however I am going to play this for him in a second to accent his Hangover.

In any case, it means that everyone will get a stupid customer story. It's long, but stick through it.

It was around 7:30 at night, and I'm manning the front door clicking people every once in a while as they come in. Anyway, this lady tries to leave with a $350 trundlebed. When I asked for her receipt, she had said that it was at the front end with the registers. When I asked her to clarify, thinking that it was maybe her husband paying for it and she couldn't fit it through the registers, she said that the front-end had the receipt. I immediately called for a supervisor to see what was up and when the supe' came and went to find out what was going on, the lady said something that sent a redflag up for me; she commented that why don't we just let her go, it's not like she was stealing or anything. Since I'd hadn't said anything about stealing, she became way too suspicious in my mind.

I kept the bed up at the front door, but when I had to go to my last break, I passed it off to one of my coworkers and told them to hold on to the cart so the bed doesn't go anywhere. After I'd taken my break, so about 15 minutes later, I go back to the door to see that the bed was still there but the girl was gone. I was then told that she was taken up front to figure out what was going on. Apparently while I was gone, she had told my coworker that she had left her card, and a check with a person dismantling the bed and figured he'd take care of it; without getting a receipt, which was 2 hours previous to her trying to leave.

More time goes by and I see her at the Membership counter signing up for an American Express card, and then she hands me a newly printed receipt and I let her on her way. I ask the Supervisor that assisted me earlier what had happened and I was told the whole story.

Around 5 she came in and said that she wanted the floor model of the Trundlebed. Because it was put together on the floor, to sell it to her, it would have to be taken apart. So she had let one of my coworkers dismantle it and then left to come back at 7:30. This is where she tried to just walk out the door without paying for the bed. She as well didn't have enough money on her for the bed which is why she was getting the American Express card.

So, in other words, she got caught trying to steal a bed, but instead of us persecuting her, we forced her to buy the bed, and in the process she'd gotten an upgrade as well.

I don't work in retail, but I do sometimes take those idiot customer phone calls. This is a somewhat technical rant, but I find it amusing. I've taken this same call about 4-5 times over the last 10 years.

I work as an engineer for a bearing company. Most of the time, I support a geographic area, so some idiot will call the switchboard, ask for a engineer, get asked where they are and then get routed to me (or whoever is appropriate).

Random idiot: Hi, I'm looking for some bearings for my perpetual motion machine.

Me: :roll:

Random idiot: I've got everything figured out, but I just need some bearings to make the machine operate smoothly.

Me: Have you ever heard of the 2nd law of Thermodynamics?

Random idiot: Yeah, I think I've got that beat.

Me: You understand that entropy is always greater than 0 and you won't be able to run a bearing (or any system) frictionless? You will always have some energy loss and will need to supply more power to operate the machine.

(for anyone out there still reading who knows what I am talking about, I realize a magnetic bearing running a vacuum might theoretically be frictionless, but you don't come to any of the places I have worked for something like that).

Random idiot: Well, if you don't want to help out, I can always go somewhere else.

Me: ....

Random idiot: *click*

Bottom line, getting out of retail doesn't get you away from the idiots. It just a different kind of idiot.

TBW

this happened to me about 10 years ago . i was working at a independent video store that had a copy machine, we charged 10 cents a copy. a older gentleman comes in and asks "how much are copys?" so i tell him 10 cents then he mumbles "the other store charges 5 cents a copy but i don't want to drive all the way there so i don't have a choice". hearing this i figure this guy had alot to copy. then hands me two sheets of paper and says "one copy each please." then he argues with me about the other sheet because it was only half a page full of words, so i should only charge him 5 cents. my mouth just dropped as he handed me the 15 cents and calmly walks out the door.

Though I was kinda out of it yesterday, this one knocked me for a loop for how stupid it was.

There was a lot of people in there but they only came in clusters. While I was checking people out, there was a big group, and then a little lull. I saw a guy coming out with some laminate flooring, and because I had to count how many he had anyway, I just did it in my head before he got to me. He had 5 stacks of 4 packages so I mentioned that he had 20 before he'd given me the slip and he exclaimed, surprised, "wow, a mathemetician".

Just makes me think of how popular that TV show is going to become with adults versus the 5th graders to see who would pass basic trivia.

This isn't a stupid customer, but I need to vent to emphasize on how stupid some of the people I work with are.

I have to check the steel in my wherehouse every once in a while and if there is a problem I'm supposed to use a form to say what's wrong. Within the form there is a section to check if a pallet needs twine or not. I've also been told to elaborate on any problems with a little note next to the entry. So, I've found several very dangerous things that had no twine on them at all, things that would split a man in two should they fall from where they were.

Anyway, now I have this sheet of paper with several notations that the pallets needed twine, and I wrote next to them "not twined to boards". I showed it to the manager like I need to do and he remarks to me that "Twined" is not a word. Being that I knew better, and that it was, I said that it, indeed, was a word. He then said again that it wasn't a word and asked if I'd gone to school.

So tomorrow, I'm throwing This in his box underlining the appropriate parts.

Stupid Best Buy customer of the day: Me.

Looking for a dvd and must have skimmed the row 4 times. Call clerk over to ask if they have it somewhere else, and he pulls it from the rack right in front of my face where I was looking.

[quote name='SeemslikeTrav']Stupid Best Buy customer of the day: Me.

Looking for a dvd and must have skimmed the row 4 times. Call clerk over to ask if they have it somewhere else, and he pulls it from the rack right in front of my face where I was looking.[/QUOTE]

I've done that so many times its not funny and have also while working in retail seen it happen hundreds of times

Looking for a dvd and must have skimmed the row 4 times. Call clerk over to ask if they have it somewhere else, and he pulls it from the rack right in front of my face where I was looking.[/quote]

You must come in my store once a day.:lol:

I have had some interesting questions from customers while working at Best Buy. My two favorite:

Where is the electronics department?

And

Are these all the books you guys have? Why don't you guys carry more books!!

We have some items up at the register in a basket with the price on a piece or paper taped to the basket. Twice over the weekend we were asked how much the items were. You can't miss seeing the price sign.

Alright so I've got some stories. I have worked retail nearly 4 years (ARG WHY), most of it at Blockbuster Video. A few I've been remembering...

One time I was what was once called an Entertainment Specialist, someone that basically just walks around asking how people are doing. Most of the time people were very rude for some reason.

One time I asked a gentleman (and I use the term lightly) how he was doing, and he IMMEDIATLY tells me that he was ripped off with our Rewards package (basically an upgraded membership package). So I ask what was wrong with it, and he just says something about how it is not good and he was ripped off. I said, "Well, we could go up and get the manager, I'm sure we could get a refund or-"
"NO I ALREADY TRIED THAT."
So now he was just not even listening to me, if he was at all before, and being very confrontational and mean. I started to get REALLY mad; I was about ready to fight him right then and there, and I usually don't get that mad. I don't remember much else, I think I walked away to keep from getting in some weird fight with him. As he was leaving he remarked that our store was the worst Blockbuster he had ever been too, to which I simply responded, "Have a GREAT night!"

One more:
I had a woman a few weeks back start to get really annoying. We have a sale on used DVD's, 4 for $20 on pre-viewed DVD's $9.99 and under. We have signs all over the store which all say these words; it is explained in it's entirety. For some reason people don't get it, and when I explain it to them, they argue.
So this woman brings up 4 PVD's, a couple of which are more than $10. So I explain that if she is trying to get the 4 for $20, she needs to get $10 DVD's. She then says these were placed under a sign for the 4 for $20 (they weren't under it, they were near it). I explained that I could place the signs anywhere I want, it doesn't change how the sale works; everything is explained on the sign. so NOW she says she found Dreamer in the area with other $9.99 movies, and shows it to me and says, "I'm getting that in the deal, I've worked in retail and you have to sell that to me for the price", to which I responded, "If it had a $9.99 sticker, I would, but it doesn't, each of these say $12.99". She seriously argued about this cut-and-dry situation for maybe 10 minutes with me. If she had not been such a bitch, I MIGHT have tried to work something out (although there isn't much I can do since it's all an automated coupon anyway). But it really got to me when she said she had worked retail; it seems like if she had, she would have known better how to handle the situation and wouldn't have been a total jackass. I know WHENEVER I go to a retail store I am polite and nice. I hardly ever have a rude employee, and most of the time things go great. Sorta makes yah wonder if there's a connection... ;)

Dang, okay I'll not post fer a while. Long rant!

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Alright so I've got some stories. I have worked retail nearly 4 years (ARG WHY), most of it at Blockbuster Video. A few I've been remembering...

One time I was what was once called an Entertainment Specialist, someone that basically just walks around asking how people are doing. Most of the time people were very rude for some reason.

One time I asked a gentleman (and I use the term lightly) how he was doing, and he IMMEDIATLY tells me that he was ripped off with our Rewards package (basically an upgraded membership package). So I ask what was wrong with it, and he just says something about how it is not good and he was ripped off. I said, "Well, we could go up and get the manager, I'm sure we could get a refund or-"
"NO I ALREADY TRIED THAT."
So now he was just not even listening to me, if he was at all before, and being very confrontational and mean. I started to get REALLY mad; I was about ready to fight him right then and there, and I usually don't get that mad. I don't remember much else, I think I walked away to keep from getting in some weird fight with him. As he was leaving he remarked that our store was the worst Blockbuster he had ever been too, to which I simply responded, "Have a GREAT night!"

One more:
I had a woman a few weeks back start to get really annoying. We have a sale on used DVD's, 4 for $20 on pre-viewed DVD's $9.99 and under. We have signs all over the store which all say these words; it is explained in it's entirety. For some reason people don't get it, and when I explain it to them, they argue.
So this woman brings up 4 PVD's, a couple of which are more than $10. So I explain that if she is trying to get the 4 for $20, she needs to get $10 DVD's. She then says these were placed under a sign for the 4 for $20 (they weren't under it, they were near it). I explained that I could place the signs anywhere I want, it doesn't change how the sale works; everything is explained on the sign. so NOW she says she found Dreamer in the area with other $9.99 movies, and shows it to me and says, "I'm getting that in the deal, I've worked in retail and you have to sell that to me for the price", to which I responded, "If it had a $9.99 sticker, I would, but it doesn't, each of these say $12.99". She seriously argued about this cut-and-dry situation for maybe 10 minutes with me. If she had not been such a bitch, I MIGHT have tried to work something out (although there isn't much I can do since it's all an automated coupon anyway). But it really got to me when she said she had worked retail; it seems like if she had, she would have known better how to handle the situation and wouldn't have been a total jackass. I know WHENEVER I go to a retail store I am polite and nice. I hardly ever have a rude employee, and most of the time things go great. Sorta makes yah wonder if there's a connection... ;)

Dang, okay I'll not post fer a while. Long rant![/QUOTE]

You have been in retail for 4 years and you still get this worked up I have been in 4 my self (best buy, Lowes....ect) I never got that worked up starting and I am not now. You are a little more tightly wound than me, now no insult intended but if you get that emotional for the dumb asses that give their patronage to the retail world than you are eventually going to A. Kill some one B. Kill yourself C. Go on a rampage in the store knocking over shelves and the like (I like this one the best)

It's always the person who says they worked in retail and trying to get a "deal" that are lying their asses off. Anyone who does/did work in retail knows what a pain in the ass it is and will subsequently be nice to whomever is currently at the store they are at.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']
One more:

Dang, okay I'll not post fer a while. Long rant![/quote]

[quote name='sonderiaom']It's always the person who says they worked in retail and trying to get a "deal" that are lying their asses off. Anyone who does/did work in retail knows what a pain in the ass it is and will subsequently be nice to whomever is currently at the store they are at.[/QUOTE]

I love the people that come up to the counter claiming they pulled a brand new release like Borat out of the $3.99 sale bin. You should see the look on their faces when i walk them over there and show thme the sign that lists all the titles and says available for these titles only. I'm very tolerant and customers can ask me anything and I'll answer them honestly without even trying to tow the company line, but if they treat me personally like I'm an absolute retard, then they are going to get the same treatment.

Looking for a dvd and must have skimmed the row 4 times. Call clerk over to ask if they have it somewhere else, and he pulls it from the rack right in front of my face where I was looking.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but did you smile sheepishly and say "thank you" after assistance, or did you start off with a expletive-filled rant about how they never have this fucking movie and every other fucking store has it for 17 cents cheaper and then just snatch the game from the clerks hand while storming off in a huff all while simultaneously misparenting your child?

One of these is a stupid customer, and one of these is a temporary brain fart.

[quote name='Dragonsbane']You have been in retail for 4 years and you still get this worked up I have been in 4 my self (best buy, Lowes....ect) I never got that worked up starting and I am not now. You are a little more tightly wound than me, now no insult intended but if you get that emotional for the dumb asses that give their patronage to the retail world than you are eventually going to A. Kill some one B. Kill yourself C. Go on a rampage in the store knocking over shelves and the like (I like this one the best)[/quote]If you're referring to the rewards guy, that incident was about 2 years ago. I have matured a lot since then (although the lady a few weeks back made me mad too).

[quote name='SeemslikeTrav']
Stupid Best Buy customer of the day: Me.

Looking for a dvd and must have skimmed the row 4 times. Call clerk over to ask if they have it somewhere else, and he pulls it from the rack right in front of my face where I was looking.[/quote] I usually have people walk in the door and ask if we have some movie before even bothering to look. The fact that you skimmed for it about 4 times makes it totally accepatable if you ask me.

bread's done
Back