Wii Play (Game Only) $19.99 Used at GS/EB

n8rockerasu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
I know this may seem like a "duh!" thread, but I was able to score one this morning in Greensboro, NC, and just by checking the availability within 200 miles, I see they're becoming more and more common. I attribute this to one of two reasons. Either A: People who just bought the game as a means to finally secure a remote are flipping it right back in, or B: People agree with many of the reviews and hate the game. Either way, I'm sure many more will be turning up in the next month.

As for me, I was glad to get it for under $20 since I didn't need the extra remote, and don't expect much more out of the game than it being a pleasant family/drinking (but not at the same time!) game.

There's only one showing near me in Baltimore, but I'll definitely keep an eye on this. I really don't want to pay $50, since I don't need another Wiimote, but I want to get the game.

Wii Play is pretty cool... spent the weekend playing it with my son. The 'Cow' game is pretty entertaining and the 'Tank' game is also fun. 'Ping Pong' will drive you nuts... I can only score about ~75 on my best games.

I would expect the price to drop even further if they continue to come in.

I plan on getting the full bundle when I can find one.

hmm, could be a possibility. I passed on wii play since I already had 4 controllers. does it come with a case, or is it in a cd sleeve, a la wii sports?

[quote name='monkeypox']hmm, could be a possibility. I passed on wii play since I already had 4 controllers. does it come with a case, or is it in a cd sleeve, a la wii sports?[/quote]
Comes with the case!:D

[quote name='monkeypox']hmm, could be a possibility. I passed on wii play since I already had 4 controllers. does it come with a case, or is it in a cd sleeve, a la wii sports?[/quote]

Full case.

[quote name='jza1218']How are you guys finding Wiiplay used on the website? I cant find it.[/quote]

I was wondering that too.

[quote name='jza1218']How are you guys finding Wiiplay used on the website? I cant find it.[/quote]

When you search EB/GS for "Wii Play", at the bottom, under the bundle, there should be a link that says "show backordered items". Just click that, and then it will add the used game only version. Then just click, type in your zipcode, and hopefully you'll be able to find one nearby. They're not exactly in abundance yet, but a lot more stores had them this morning than when I checked on Friday.

Actually, the guy working there tried to make me feel stupid when I asked if they had it. He said "No, we don't have that! It just came out last week!" I tell him "Well, it showed online that you do." He checks the stack of games on the counter right next to him. "Oh, hey, here it is..." Guess that's what happens when you're too "busy" to put games on the shelves.

[quote name='Strell']Awaits posts of "WTF, WII PLAY WASN'T WORTH THE 10 I PAID FOR IT."[/quote]

Haha, thanks for the vote of confidence Strell. And here I had my marshmallows all ready.

Interesting. At GC, the remote's required for the trade, which is lame. WiiPlay with remote is fetching $20 trade-in.. here's hoping they take WiiPlay without the remote.

[quote name='nuttyturnip']There's only one showing near me in Baltimore, but I'll definitely keep an eye on this.[/QUOTE]Yeah, it's the one I traded in. :) They gave me $10. Since I used the $10 BB coupon on it, I essentially got a remote for $30. And I played Wii Play for a day... that's all I needed.

Hah, I played Wii play for two days. Booyah.

Actually, I enjoyed the pool game a bit, but honestly, it's not a worthy collection. I may pick it up again later for the pool game, but honestly, it just made me wish for a fleshed out pool experience. I can't wait for the Wii to be a couple years old already, with an aged library to match.

[quote name='daminion']i was really excited about pool... then i played it. i don't think they could have made a worse experience.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah? Try fishing.

[quote name='daminion']i was really excited about pool... then i played it. i don't think they could have made a worse experience.[/quote]

Pool and fishing are two of my favorite games on there. The only negative thing I'll say about pool (and I think this is a problem with most Wii games thus far), is the motion sensing still doesn't work great in terms of depth perception. I had the same problem with some of the mini games in Banana Blitz. Left, right, up down, twisting and turning all work fine, but when you have to pull back and then push forward, it's not pretty.

It's completly possible that people are buying more then one copy of Wii play for the remotes and then dumping the game. Remotes are so hard to find (in some places) that you really won't lose that much buying the wii play bundle and dumping the game.

well if people in richmond/midlothian, va are looking for wii remotes or wii nunchucks at all, there are plenty in stock at the TRU on Carmia Way (i think thats the place) right off of Midlothian Turnpike.

bread's done
Back