HELP: Freeloader (GC) on the Wii

trunks982

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I bought the Freeloader and Puzzle Collection from Play-Asia. I followed the instruction for the Freeloader on the Wii. It says insert it on the disc channel loading screen. I did that but it came up as an error.

I think you need either the latest version of Freeloader or Freeloader for the Wii for Freeloader to work on the Wii. None of my Datel discs (AR, Max Drive or Advance Game Port) will boot on the Wii.

I hope this is the one you got, because it may be likely that the one you got is one of the incompatible versions. If it didn't mention that it's compatible with the Wii, it most likely isn't.

i watched the stuff on youtube. they work.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50pwqhT8UcI[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svGSxYACPOI[/media]

i just dont know y mine's doesnt work. it says "works with wii"

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Check the underside of your Freeloader disc and see what version it is. 1.06b should work while 1.06B doesn't.

Edit: Check out this thread, too.[/QUOTE]I have a Freeloader version 1.06B (capital B) and I tried it the week I got my American Wii, and it would make the Wii reset itself after trying to boot it. Last week I was bored and inserted the Freeloader in the Wii on the channel selection screen, tried booting it and it worked.

I'm not sure why it's working now, but it may have had something to do with the latest firmware update (the one that lets you download the Everybody Votes Channel.

[quote name='trunks982']thanks, *sigh* i bought the wrong one.[/quote]It's the captial B in that case? If it says "Works with Wii" on it, it should work with the Wii. Get ahold of Play-Asia, tell them you're a CAG, and would like this fixed please. :)

RockinX, i tried both during the channel selection screen and in the disc channel screen. both didnt work. yea i did the update also. didnt work.

Daroga, yes i have the B

[quote name='RockinX']I have a Freeloader version 1.06B (capital B) and I tried it the week I got my American Wii, and it would make the Wii reset itself after trying to boot it. Last week I was bored and inserted the Freeloader in the Wii on the channel selection screen, tried booting it and it worked.

I'm not sure why it's working now, but it may have had something to do with the latest firmware update (the one that lets you download the Everybody Votes Channel.[/quote]

Nah, it did the same thing the first time I tried as well on my Wii. And that was way before they released some of these recent updates. Not really sure why it makes it reboot, but it works flawlessly after that.

My version of freeloader doesn't work on my Wii. I'm pretty sure I have the "B" version. I haven't tried it recently, maybe I'll give it one more shot.

But I'm not too mad, it gives me one reason to keep my cube.

[quote name='dragonjud']Nah, it did the same thing the first time I tried as well on my Wii. And that was way before they released some of these recent updates. Not really sure why it makes it reboot, but it works flawlessly after that.[/QUOTE]
What version do you have?

Any idea why my 1.06B works on my American Wii? The only bad thing I've noticed is that Nintendo Puzzle Collection displays pixelated graphics (not all of them, but some).

It looks similar to this:

NPC.jpg

My Freeloader works just fine on my Wii, though I have 1.06b.

Regardless, those of you trying theirs on Wii, the system may reset itself when you put the disc in and go to the Disc channel. I know mine does.

But after it reboots with the game in the system, the Freeloader works just as it should. Maybe try and let it do a reboot first, and then try again?

[quote name='trunks982']I bought the Freeloader and Puzzle Collection from Play-Asia. I followed the instruction for the Freeloader on the Wii. It says insert it on the disc channel loading screen. I did that but it came up as an error.[/QUOTE]

Did you get this resolved? I bought the same two things during the sale, but haven't tested it out yet.

Stopped after reading the instruction sheet that the GC memory card gets reformatted and I don't have a spare.

Related question to those who have freeloader and Wii:
Can you reformat the GC memory card in the Wii after it gets changed by freeloader, or is it permanent? And how do you do that if there is no option in the Wii settings to get it back to working with US games?

Thanks, and I'm sorry about leeching onto this thread. Didn't want to start a new one for the exact 2 products.

[quote name='Hibiwa']
Stopped after reading the instruction sheet that the GC memory card gets reformatted and I don't have a spare.
[/quote]

I've never heard of this. I know that my Japanese data is on my American data memory card, and it works just fine. I've never had to format it or anything.

Of course, I used the American and Japanese games in my Gamecube before moving onto my Wii.

Really? I don't think it would discriminate based on GC or Wii -- the latter is the former when booting Gamecube games.

What freeloader version? My disc is 1.06b whereas the OP with the same packaging(?) was uppercase B. Not that he was talking about the format issue.

I didn't want to chance it and blindly disregard datel's own warning. There was also a reviewer on Play-Asia freaking out over this exact reformat thing for Mr. Driller Drill Land and how it doesn't say it happens anywhere by the freeloader people, etc.

I'll have to Google for related problems, but there was also a mention on some One Piece forum about overwrites too and how it changes it so you can't use it for anything else.

Perhaps you lucked out, or it's a fluke for some games and they put the warning to cover their behinds for when it glitches. Then again, if it was that widespread there would have been more public outrage and crying after all these years. And of course everyone else could have diligently heeded said instructional wisdom.

Argh!... and I passed up on an official Nintendo GC Memory last week for $10 on clearance at Target.

Thanks for chiming in Rig.

It's always been my understanding that you can't have Japanese game saves on a memory card with North American game saves, that one region's game will format the card for that particular region... Is this not true?

'meh, I only have one imported game and went and bought a cheap MC59 used for something like $3 that I just keep with that game anyway...

[quote name='UncleBob']It's always been my understanding that you can't have Japanese game saves on a memory card with North American game saves, that one region's game will format the card for that particular region... Is this not true?
...[/quote]

That is true for the Gamecube. Although why that is true, and why multi-region saves are a problem is anyones guess. I have ps2 memory cards with US & JPN saves happily coexisting for years...

[quote name='Puffa469']That is true for the Gamecube. Although why that is true, and why multi-region saves are a problem is anyones guess. I have ps2 memory cards with US & JPN saves happily coexisting for years...[/quote]

That is incorrect. My Japanese and American game saves are/were on the same memory card, back when I used the Gamecube. It never formatted or tried to format itself.

The only import I have is Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4, so maybe that is something certain games do.

Regardless, it worked for me on my GC. (And my Wii reads the card still just fine.)

[quote name='Rig']That is incorrect. My Japanese and American game saves are/were on the same memory card, back when I used the Gamecube. It never formatted or tried to format itself.
[/QUOTE]

I don't have a Wii yet, but I also have Japanese and American game saves on the same memory cards. There are some Japanese games out there that will try to format your memory card when they boot up (asks whether you want to format or not), but in my experience most games work fine with mixed memory cards.

bread's done
Back