Lost Planet $49.99 @Amazon

Lost Planet is awesome, underated in my opinion, $49.99 shipped is a pretty good deal since this game is well worth full price.

As for Chromehounds, not really a deal since it's been $29.99 in most places for close to 6 months now.

[quote name='billywilliams1975']How is the single player in Lost Planet? I might wait a little longer on this one.[/quote]

i loved dead rising and got all 1000 points in that game. i couldn't wait for lost planet since dead rising was so fun.

unfortunately, i was personally let down with lost planet. the game is good for what it is, but it's just too short and annoying. first, there's only 12 levels, which will take you about 6 hours or so to beat. second, the coin collecting was thrown in to artificially lengthen the game. there's achievements for getting all the coins on each level, and one to get all the hidden coins on all difficulties on all levels, which means there's over 200 small hidden coins to find since there's 4 difficulties. it's one of the worst ideas ever - the game is quite well presented, but subconsciously you can't enjoy it for what it is because you're searching every little nook and cranny for the hidden coins instead of appreciating the game.

if the coin collecting aspect was removed from the game, i would actually have given it a higher score in my book, surprisingly.

feels more like a $20-$30 game to me

It's also $49 at Best Buy this week, which after the $10 coupon, $40 is a good deal. I bought it on Sunday and am through the first 4 levels and I love it.

I thought Lost Planet was more of a rental-worthy game. Cool graphics, decent gameplay, but nothing really there to justify buying it for me. The online multiplayer was just okay, and most of the games I joined were laggy.

Even though this isn't much off, this was the #1 seller game wise for January. So, a minor deal could be pretty big if your looking for a sale on this game outside of used copies of course.

bread's done
Back