Playable Halo framerates?

AMD Athlon 2500+
128 MB Radeon 9600 Pro
512 RAM

I usually play with all settings maxed at 1024x768.
If I'm playing Halo PC, I get between 50-60. If I'm playing Halo CE, I get 80-90.

[quote name='zewone']Your in the PC section.
And Yes I have got more than playable Halo framerates. I have a ATI Radion 9800. 512MB RAM, and AMD 3200+ processor.[/quote]

You finally got it running?

I remember you made a thread way back when asking for help with patching it. Do you play online at all?

[quote name='zewone']for some reason the patches don't update my game. So no I still haven't been able to play online.[/quote]

How do you try to patch it? Are you ownloading the patch outside of the game, like from FilePlanet? My copy automatically updates whenever I try to enter an online multiplayer game.

looks like the ati radeon 9600 pro is what does if for you guys, i have an nvidia geforce 5200 and the same other stuff as zewone. guess what im gonna go buy.....

[quote name='Flashmonkey']looks like the ati radeon 9600 pro is what does if for you guys, i have an nvidia geforce 5200 and the same other stuff as zewone. guess what im gonna go buy.....[/quote]

If you ever get it running and have any plans to play online, let me know. I play it all the time.

[quote name='zewone']Yeah. I try to get it from the official site and FilePlanet but something about my copy doesn't like to update it self. I try to do it manually but it don't work.[/quote]

Odd. I have a launch copy, and it's never had a problem auto-updating. I know it sucks, but try re-installing. If you wanna play online that is. :wink:

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='Tromack']I use my shaq-fuing Xbox.[/quote]

Your in the PC section.
And Yes I have got more than playable Halo framerates. I have a ATI 128 MB Radion 9800. 512MB RAM, and AMD 3200+ processor.[/quote]

a) Unless I'm looking for a deal, I just go by what shows up on the main page, so I didn't notice that it was in the PC section. I assumed it was, since he asked what the specs people were using. I just felt like being an ass.

b)Learn how to spell and use proper grammar. You meant "You're" not "Your". Unless I somehow have a "in the PC section" that I am unaware of.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='Tromack'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='Tromack']I use my shaq-fuing Xbox.[/quote]

Your in the PC section.
And Yes I have got more than playable Halo framerates. I have a ATI 128 MB Radion 9800. 512MB RAM, and AMD 3200+ processor.[/quote]

a) Unless I'm looking for a deal, I just go by what shows up on the main page, so I didn't notice that it was in the PC section. I assumed it was, since he asked what the specs people were using. I just felt like being an ass.

b)Learn how to spell and use proper grammar. You meant "You're" not "Your". Unless I somehow have a "in the PC section" that I am unaware of.[/quote]

Just letting you know. Didn't realize you would get so angry from a simple correction, but whatever. Have fun correcting peoples' typing on the internet. Hope it works out for you.[/quote]

You're both guilty. Pipe down!

I got a 2.4 P4, 384 MB or RAM and a radeon 9600

have never had a problem running halo. I do have a problem playing Halo MP though, I get my ass handed to me :lol:

The engine is a straight port from the Xbox, almost an emulation.

If you have an AWESOME computer the max for you is high detail at 800x600.

If you have an okay computer than you can run it at 640x480 low detail.

[quote name='Quackzilla']The engine is a straight port from the Xbox, almost an emulation.

If you have an AWESOME computer the max for you is high detail at 800x600.

If you have an okay computer than you can run it at 640x480 low detail.[/quote]

I know this is the case for most people, but it never gave me any trouble. My specs are in an earlier post, and I think they're pretty modest by today's standards (at least for games). I run at 1024x768 without any problems.

[quote name='drunken_master']I Have a R 9000 pro 128 and 256 kingston DDR(2700 or whatever the would be) I am able to play it with a desent frame rate in 8 by 6[/quote]

EXCUSE ME? After all your Halo-bashing, why are playing it? Have you finally sold out? :?

[quote name='Tromack'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='Tromack']I use my shaq-fuing Xbox.[/quote]

Your in the PC section.

b)Learn how to spell and use proper grammar. You meant "You're" not "Your". Unless I somehow have a "in the PC section" that I am unaware of.[/quote]
oh mah gawd we gots ourselvies an engrish major. we dun take kindlie to ur types round hurr.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge'][quote name='drunken_master']I Have a R 9000 pro 128 and 256 kingston DDR(2700 or whatever the would be) I am able to play it with a desent frame rate in 8 by 6[/quote]

EXCUSE ME? After all your Halo-bashing, why are playing it? Have you finally sold out? :?[/quote]

I barrowed it from a friend and played through it once. I got a fine frame rate, but i was still unimpressed by it. I have formated my computer since and never looked back.

[quote name='Storamin'][quote name='Tromack'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='Tromack']I use my shaq-fuing Xbox.[/quote]

Your in the PC section.

oh mah gawd we gots ourselvies an engrish major. we dun take kindlie to ur types round hurr.[/quote]

ehrish trolls are the worst.

bread's done
Back