* * * * * 1 votes

Official WarHawk Discussion: **Patch 1.5/"Falling Star" OUT!**

#811 metaly   In the world, only this island is. CAGiversary!   4677 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:45 PM

New PSBlog post with Broken Mirror info.

Don't worry, StrandedBrit. It's even bigger than the Omega Factory! At least some of the smaller layouts look cool, and the screens make me wonder what kind of crazy tank battles could take place on those raised highway sections.

But for $8, I dunno. No mention of an OD/BM discounted bundle, either. Boooo.

#812 NamPaehc   !Anihc Ni Hsan CAGiversary!   4965 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:15 PM

Don't worry, StrandedBrit. It's even bigger than the Omega Factory! At least some of the smaller layouts look cool, and the screens make me wonder what kind of crazy tank battles could take place on those raised highway sections.

$8 seems pretty good to me. The APC seems to add a lot more gameplay options then the dropship did. Plus you can use them on more maps. I'd love a bundle deal though too.

#813 fuss   Insert Custom User Title CAGiversary!   1254 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:33 PM

I want this even more now.... looks very cool.

#814 metaly   In the world, only this island is. CAGiversary!   4677 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2008 - 07:41 AM

Found this while reading through the PSBlog comment threads:

We have been discussing the idea of a dual-booster bundle…maybe at some discount for players that want to purchase both Omega Dawn and Broken Mirror at the same time. But nothing is finalized yet.

Come onnnnn!!!!

#815 smiggity   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3587 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2008 - 03:10 PM

Just found this thread! Yeah, I posted the same comment as you metaly after I saw he was responding to comments..Not trying to take credit for your idea.;)

Sad part is that we should have posted it on the latest Dylan post, b/c he went all out responding to comments..Oh well, when the booster goes live he will post again. I think the package deal will be 13 bucks, that is just a guess.. Anyways, I think it would be worth it, but It really doesnt matter to me. I just want new game modes!

#816 metaly   In the world, only this island is. CAGiversary!   4677 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2008 - 09:00 PM

Ha... I don't really care about who gets credit for the idea. I'd just like to see it in the game. (Or at least hear what Dylan Jobe thinks about it.)

I'll definitely mention it again once there's another Warhawk post. He'll probably make one to announce the 1.3 patch on Wednesday.

#817 NamPaehc   !Anihc Ni Hsan CAGiversary!   4965 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:40 PM

Happy Patch Day Everyone!

#818 Blackout  

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:45 PM

I'm downloading it right now. I haven't played Warhawk in close to 2 months. I'm going to start back up again.

#819 smiggity   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3587 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:12 PM

It definitely balances out ground troops a lot more..They can defend themselves against Tanks and Warhaks now

#820 aznguyen316   Rock Chalk CAGiversary!   3226 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

aznguyen316

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:23 PM

I d/l it this morning but I think servers were down.. are they up now?

#821 fuss   Insert Custom User Title CAGiversary!   1254 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:05 PM

I d/l it this morning but I think servers were down.. are they up now?

LOL ya that happened to me - got the patch then went online to play and the servers were still down! I am about to hop on now and see if they are up, because this is bugging me now hahah

#822 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8934 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:06 AM

Woot!
Version 1.31 changes

The v1.31 patch is focused on fixing the team-switch mistake -- reinstating the Team-Switching, Team-Randomization, *and* Team-Roster-Balance server options.

In addition, we are removing the "unlimited score" option from the Game Options screen. This was an open invitation to padding as many of you correctly pointed out here on the forums.

#823 fuss   Insert Custom User Title CAGiversary!   1254 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:35 AM

A big thumbs down for removing the unlimited points option. I *hate* it when I am just getting into a game and it ends with like 20 minutes to go. If they think that by removing that option it will hurt the stat padders.... now they will have to play 3 or so games to get the points! I do not see how they thought this was a solution to the problem.

#824 NamPaehc   !Anihc Ni Hsan CAGiversary!   4965 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:16 AM

New preview of Operation Broken Mirror.

Not much but still cool to read stuff about it.

Although the Broken Mirror expansion won't be ready until April 17th (day of the PLAYSTATION Store relaunch), we had a chance to play it with fellow online journalists. Majed and myself took to the skies in split-screen action as we played a round of Capture the Flag and Zones on the brand new map: Vaporfield Glacier.

Ten variations are planned for the largest Warhawk map to date, and the two that we played today were both intelligently laid out, with multiple routes possible by foot, car and sky. Unlike in Omega Dawn, these variations never feel overwhelming large. The level was just the right size for our group of about a dozen players: it wasn't too small to feel barren (a problem in Omega Dawn), and wasn't too small to create a too-chaotic feel. Although the weather is supposed to change, we experienced clear skies in our play session. It might be an ice level, but don't expect to slip 'n slide.

The additions of the recent 1.3 patch were put to good use in our play time. The new weapons and shields certainly add a new level of depth to the game, without drastically changing the pace of the experience. It's clear that the Vaporfiled Glacier level is an excellent addition to the Warhawk universe, and we're certain the passionate Warhawk community will embrace the moderately priced ($8) download when it releases in two weeks.

#825 NamPaehc   !Anihc Ni Hsan CAGiversary!   4965 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:39 PM

Patch 1.31 is now online (get it when you log onto WarHawk)

New booster pack tomorrow!

#826 metaly   In the world, only this island is. CAGiversary!   4677 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:57 PM

Nice. I forgot that the booster was coming out so soon. I may actually get it because I've been playing more Warhawk lately. Although... I really should wait to hear if they've reached a decision about the booster pack bundle.

#827 TheSmokingPun   Archduke of KC CAGiversary!   659 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

TheSmokingPun

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:08 AM

Bah, I still gotta get the first pack also, on top of needing to get GTAIV and Dual Shock 3

#828 freakyzeeky   Trophy Ho CAGiversary!   3931 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

freakyzeeky

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:09 AM

I'm going to get the Broken Mirror DL as soon as it hits the PS Store, and anyone is free to join me online in those games afterwards if you plan on buying it. ;)

#829 metaly   In the world, only this island is. CAGiversary!   4677 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:44 AM

I'm going to get the Broken Mirror DL as soon as it hits the PS Store, and anyone is free to join me online in those games afterwards if you plan on buying it. ;)

Must... wait... for bundle news...

#830 GodlyOne   波動拳! CAGiversary!   979 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

GodlyOne

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:48 AM

Once I get my hands on a PSN card I'll download both packs, hope these packs make an immediate appearance during our CAG games, haha.

#831 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8934 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:11 AM

Where is your new avatar from?

And I don't plan on getting the expansion(s) until they are in a pack or there are US PSN prepaid cards.

#832 freakyzeeky   Trophy Ho CAGiversary!   3931 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

freakyzeeky

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:14 AM

Where is your new avatar from?

It's from Final Fantasy IV Advance... It's the Trap Door from inside the Sealed Cave in the Underworld. ;)

#833 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8934 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:43 AM

It's from Final Fantasy IV Advance... It's the Trap Door from inside the Sealed Cave in the Underworld. ;)

I thought it looked familiar, I played FFII on the SNES but never any of the re-releases/remakes.

#834 zenprime   A cat is fine too CAGiversary!   1144 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:50 AM

I'm with you Metaly. Bundle or Prepaid cards!

#835 metaly   In the world, only this island is. CAGiversary!   4677 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:18 PM

dallow just posted this in the PS Store thread:

Warhawk Booster Combo ($11.99)
Booster Combo includes the Warhawk “Operation: Omega Dawn” and “Operation: Broken Mirror” Booster Packs.
File size: 274 MB

It's in today's update. Woooooooooo!

#836 smiggity   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3587 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:26 PM

Score!!!

#837 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8934 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:41 PM

dallow just posted this in the PS Store thread:

It's in today's update. Woooooooooo!

:-#
I wonder if this is a limited time thing?

#838 freakyzeeky   Trophy Ho CAGiversary!   3931 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

freakyzeeky

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:55 PM

They actually have the combo? :-o
That is awesome... Now this makes the price of the add-ons a bit easier to swallow. ;)
Hope to play you guys online soon. I'll be on in a couple of hours. :)

#839 CrimsonPaw   Professional Cheapass CAGiversary!   2104 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

CrimsonPaw

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:17 PM

I haven't been in Warhawk for a long time, but that $12 is kind of tempting. I'm thinking about pulling it down and start playing a bit more, especially since I just recently purchased a BT headset for my phone.

#840 darthbudge   The Real DB CAGiversary!   20048 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:43 PM

That booster pack is looking awfully tempting. Now I just need to find some one to gamershare it with.