Tombstone, no way man!

gkargreen

CAGiversary!
Love the podcast (get them on my PSP at work, but the comment about Tombstone being the greatest western ever, not even close! While I really liked it, it doesn't hold a napkin to the greatest, which is The Wild Bunch, or even many of the classics, like The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, The Searchers, Winchester 73, etc. Come on, its a real Hollywood-style movie, and doesn't belong in the catagory of the above! Sorry for the cross post, didn't realize this section was here...BTW, I would love that copy of Killzone for the PSP!

Did I say it was the greatest western ever? I thought I was just reading a comment from the CAGbag.

I liked Unforgiven better. High Plains Drifter was pretty good too.

No, you didn't Cheapy, and I agree with Unforgiven, less so with HPD, but check out The Wild Bunch, freaking great. I know many people like Tombstone best, they just need to broaden their horizons....

true, it is an opinion, but has as much validity as a game recommendation. No doubt there are those for whom Tombstone is the better movie, but they haven't seen Deadwood yet!

What about Lonesome Dove? I know its not a movie, but to me the best western series or movie ever made. Also, some of the early Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns are great like Fistful of Dollars and of course The Good, the Bad, and The Ugly. I still have to put Tombstone right up there w/ the best though....its hard to deny it when you have probably one of the top 5 acting performances in a movie w/ Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday. Nothing but a stonecold badass!

bread's done
Back