Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow $17.99 After Coupon at Target.com (plus $2.99 S&H & tax)

I bit. Thanks OP! Great deal on a game I've been meaning to buy ever since I got my DS.

FYI, if you go through Ebates.com, you can get 4% cash back from Target.com orders. Not much at all, especially on this, but it's free, so it might be worth it. Not trying to whore or anything, but if you do go this route, please consider using my referral link (http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?id=32153747).

Scored! Thanks for the head's up, been waiting on this game at a reduced price for a while. Ebay prices are even higher than this, still.

I've been wanting this for a while, but nearly passed on it, thinking I'd be able to get it cheaper later. Then I noticed they would accept Target giftcards and, hey, I just happened to have one in my wallet (from a return/rebuy when Gunpey went from $15.xx to $7.xx at B&M). So $14 and change, shipped. Thanks, OP! (I used the code you posted plus the giftcard, so it was a little over $10 off the full shipping price.)

EDIT: Nevermind, Target is the vendor that Amazon is selling it from, so it's really Target's price. BUT, if you happen to have an Amazon GC, then you could use it for DoS @ Target's price :D

And, I'm still tempted to grab an extra copy and tuck it away until it becomes rare.

original post:
Looks like it might be universal, Amazon has it new for $20 too:

http://www.amazon.com/Konami-24106-Castlevania-Dawn-Sorrow/dp/B0009Z3K9E/sr=8-1/qid=1172247247/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-1858339-3519341?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

This is an excellent deal! I paid full price (around $34.99) last month, after a long search. Definitely the best DS game I've played so far, the only major flaw is the length (there's no Castle B, alternate side, etc. like Symphony and other earlier versions). I hope they reissue some others, like Kirby's Canvas Curse or Advance Wars Dual Strike.

I have had a target gift card laying around for over a year, this was prime time to use it so I had to bite. Thanks op.

I caved too... definitely buying way too many games since I joined this site... I just recently brought another cupboard to house my ever expanding collection and it's already filled to the brim!

Thanks anyway OP, cant pass on this deal!

Good find, OP--I haven't been able to find a copy of this, new or used, for quite some time. Oddly enough, I was at Best Buy a couple of hours after placing my order for this ... and saw it, brand new and for full price, at that store. Weird stuff.

Anyway, on point: this deal rocks. :D

Now available at amazon.com as well (not via Target) for $19.99 and eligible for super saver shipping. Because Target charges the shipping fee and tax, this might work out to be a better deal . . .

Just picked up a DS lite but no games. Tried to score some on the cheap at B&M on clearance, but I just don't see how you CAGers find these games. There was nothing at Target, BB, or Sears that indicated a section of clearance games, and I wasn't comfortable having them grab games from the case and scanning them.

So . . . long winded way of saying that I'm looking to internet deals instead, and this looks like a good one. Is this a good game to introduce me to the DS?

[quote name='tnote827']Konami's Best???? What the hell did I just order? Is this their own version of a greatest hits?[/QUOTE]

what does it look like, can you post a pic?

[quote name='chris401']Now available at amazon.com as well (not via Target) for $19.99 and eligible for super saver shipping. Because Target charges the shipping fee and tax, this might work out to be a better deal . . .

Just picked up a DS lite but no games. Tried to score some on the cheap at B&M on clearance, but I just don't see how you CAGers find these games. There was nothing at Target, BB, or Sears that indicated a section of clearance games, and I wasn't comfortable having them grab games from the case and scanning them.

So . . . long winded way of saying that I'm looking to internet deals instead, and this looks like a good one. Is this a good game to introduce me to the DS?[/QUOTE]

This game is, as far as im concerned, one of the most desired games out there. Out of the ones I know are rare/most desired are the following

Dawn of sorrow
Elite Beat Agents
Trauma Center
Phoenix Wright (first and second)
Animal crossing WW
Mario Kart
Advance Wars DS(no one seems to want mine though :()

And imported games
Osu Takanae Ouedan (spelling?)
Jump Super Stars (and its sequel)
among others.

So, the best thing i can tell you is if you have ever played 2-d metroid before, this is pretty much it, except it involves dracula and demonic creatures (not scary at all though) instead of the technological, sci-fi that is Metroid. Look up some reviews too. Its a fun game, I just finished Circle of the moon, and working my way through HArmony of dissonance. Its also one of those franchaises with a high pedigree (look up Castlevania symphony of the night and rondo of blood)

Thanks! Just got in on this deal. I hope to get it in a few days.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']
Advance Wars DS(no one seems to want mine though :()
[/quote]

I sent you a PM concerning your Advance Wars that no one wants.

castlevania_ew.jpg

EWWWW. What the hell. I don't even want to open it.

What the heck is with that cover? It's a frickin' box with a picture of a box. Next thing they'll do is make a cover with a box showing a box showing a box ad inifitum. Let's make game covers from fractals now!

[quote name='CaoPi']why does it look like it has been shrinkwrapped? odd...[/QUOTE]

Some DS games just come like that.

So who's going to be the brave one and verify that this is the same exact game as the original release, only packaged differently? Because if they made any 'tweaks' for their 'best' version...

I can't even find any info about this on Konami's site.

where did these "Konami's Best" come from? Online Target order? Do they appear in Target stores? Very curious . . .

Konami the Best is what Konami did with their reprint games in Japan. I am guessing they decide to do that since there is no Player's Choice for DS. Also I wonder if Lost In Blue 1 is next in line for a reprint. I would sell mine even if it means getting a ugly cover.

[quote name='OtherAdam']
castlevania_ew.jpg

EWWWW. What the hell. I don't even want to open it.[/quote]
Where the hell did this game come from? You didn't happen to order it from Target.com, did you?

[quote name='minhaferzz']I really hope it's not from Target.com. I ordered one from them and I'm expecting it to come in in the next couple of days.[/quote]
Please let us know which one it is when it arrives.

[quote name='eau']Where the hell did this game come from? You didn't happen to order it from Target.com, did you?[/quote] I ordered from Target.com and that's exactly what I got in the mail today.

EDIT: What 62t said is right I guess, here's a link to the 'Konami the Best' reprint of the Japanese version for sale on play-asia.com with a release date of June 28, 2006. The original version shows out of print. So this is just the US reprint. I guess so long as it's the same exact game, I don't care.

good luck with that one [quote name='Medium_Pimpin']Hope I can find it at TRU for this price soon, i have a $20 gift card i need to use.[/QUOTE]

I also ordered from Target.com and I got the odd, atrocious cover (this coming from someone with no concerns about most greatest hits packaging, this is just damn ugly). Guess I'm glad to know this is common. Wonder how widespread this reprint is going to be, and how much it will retail for elsewhere. Almost tempted to wait and see if I can get it cheaper during the return period, as I have not opened mine yet.

[quote name='eau']Where the hell did this game come from? You didn't happen to order it from Target.com, did you?[/QUOTE]

I DID order it from Target. I think Konami is reprinting this as their own "greatest hits" as someone else mentioned. The manual and game itself does not have any of "best of" label, so I think its only the box that they butchered.

[quote name='OtherAdam']I DID order it from Target. I think Konami is reprinting this as their own "greatest hits" as someone else mentioned. The manual and game itself does not have any of "best of" label, so I think its only the box that they butchered.[/quote]

Good because my dog ate my cartridge I still have the case though.

bread's done
Back