[Canada] Trade 4 for Halo 3 or Trade 4 + $10 + tax for Halo 3: CE at Blockbuster

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Blockbuster is starting one of their Trade 4 promos again and it's for Halo 3. It doesn't apply to the Legendary Edition. However, it's Trade 4 for Halo 3 or Trade 4 + $10 + tax for Halo 3: Collector's Edition.

It can be GCN, PS2, XBX, Wii, 360, or PS3 games. It's 4 regardless of which systems the game is from (so not like last time where you only needed to give 3 games if it was current-gen and 4 if it's last-gen).

The minimum resell value has to be $14.99 or more. So basically any game with a trade in value of $6 or more qualifies. The games they accept can be surprising so if you see a cheap game, try it out.

Rogers Video has a lot of games they sell for $10 that you can apply towards this trade. Future Shop and Best Buy also have some 2-packs that they sell for $20 that might have games that will qualify for this.

Basically, $40 for Halo 3 instead of $70 or $50 for Halo 3: CE instead of $80 is what we're looking at here =)

Source: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=410799

Wow, we still have what, a good 8 months until this game comes out, and they're already taking pre-orders?

It's only at the trade-in locations. Go to BlockBuster's Canadian website and check the store locations. Only some accept trade-ins.

Anyway, I'm waiting to find out what exactly is different from the Collector's and Legendary editions. If Collector's gets all the same bonus content but no helmet, I'll go with it. If Legendary gets more content as well... then I don't know =(

Maybe Microsoft will give a free copy of the Legendary Edition for beta testers who submit a lot of reports? =)

I went to my local Blockbuster which said the trade in value had to be 14.99, not the resale value. That knocks like 90% of the games out that I could've used.

[quote name='broccoli']I went to my local Blockbuster which said the trade in value had to be 14.99, not the resale value. That knocks like 90% of the games out that I could've used.[/quote]

They read the deal wrong. I had this happen to me the last time they ran a promotion like this. Try calling another store that does trades in your area.....the resale value has to be higher then $14.99 which means a trade in value of like $8. The last time they ran this deal the resale was $14.99 and higher so you could get away with games that traded in for $6.

Well I took in my xbox games collection to see how many copies of Halo 3 I could get. Their computers will only allow one pre-order per account. The computer will however allow you to pre-order one collector's edition and one non-collector's edition. (which is what I did)

Games that qualified:

Halo 2
Unreal Championship 2
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Gladius
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact Maniax
Phantom Dust
Sonic Mega Collection Plus
Dead or Alive 3
Capcom vs. SNK 2 (This has a TIV of $15)

Games that didn't qualify (these have a TIV of $4 each unless otherwise noted)

The Simpson's Hit and Run (This has a TIV of $10, but doesn't qualify because they only sell it for $9.99
Dead or Alive: XBV
Burnout 3
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto 3
Shellshock
Jet Set Radio Future
Gunvalkyrie
Dead or Alive: Ultimate
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Arx Fatalis
Star Wars: KOTOR
Otogi
Guilty Gear X2
Tony Hawk's Underground
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance
Capcom Fighting Evolution
SNK vs. Capcom SVC Chaos
Mortal Kombat Deception: Kollector's Edition
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Timesplitters 2
Sudeki
The King of Fighters Neowave
Silent Hill 2
Street Racing Syndicate
Ninja Gaiden

Games that didn't qualify and Blockbuster won't take (due to too much stock)

Soul Calibur 2
Crimson Skies

I was at blockbuster last month and both Day of Reckoning 2 for the gamecube and Smackdown vs Raw 2006 for the ps2 had tivs of 8$

I dunno Caro, but your BBV was wrong... I just traded in the following yesterday:

XBX King of Fighters Neowave - $6 TIV
GCN Batallion Wars - $8
XBX T.M.N.T. 2 Mutant Melee - $8
360 College Hoops 2K6 - $10
+$10 + tax

for Halo 3: CE.
They just need a resell value of $14.99, not a trade in value of $8.

bread's done
Back