So, how many CAGs are living near Tokyo? Gauging interest for Tokyo CAG Meetup

I'm in Nagoya, but I need to go back up to Tokyo in March sometime around the 23rd. Count me in if it's around then.

Hey Cheapy,

I just moved into the Tokyo region last month. Im living down in Yokohama but its just a short train ride into Tokyo proper. Id love to hook up and have you show me the sites and where to get real burgers and pizza.

btw where can I find some decent deals on 360 stuff? Most places have little or nothing in terms of xbox goods on their shelves...

I'm in Ota ward, near Gotanda on the JR Yamanote line. I'm definately up for a CAG-Tokyo get together.

Maybe if you plug this meeting in the show we'll get some more cags in tokyo to come out of the woodwork. Otherwise we'll have fun with the 4 or so of us here.

I would love to get together. I will be in Tokyo from June 14th thru July 1. If you have a meetup during this time I am in.

I'm up at the top, in Aomori. It's a $300 train ride.... so if this is gonna happen, let me know so I can put that cash aside :) Also, dates would be nice, so I can request some leave.

This'll be awesome :)

why doesn't cheapy field some dates.... i'm traveling, not residing, so my open slot is mar 20-apr 5.

a poll maybe??

If anyone coming needs a place to stay, I have 2 spare bedrooms and a nice big couch. It'll be an expensive ride to Tokyo, but you'll have a free room that may negate any other expenses.

Hey Drone, I might take you up on that. The only problem is I'm in Hiroshima-ken. It's pretty damn expensive for me to get to Tokyo. A 12 hour bus ride costs me over 10,000 yen. That's also a 12 hour ride back. Yikes. Shink is over 35,000 yen. Expensive weekend right off the back. Maybe I'll still go, though.

[quote name='CheapyD']Maybe we should plan on having this in early May to coincide with CAG's 5 year anniversary.[/quote]

Not sure if you realize or not, but the first week of May is "Golden Week". Not sure if that's better or worse. I know it'll make travelling to Tokyo more expensive for me, but if I can crash with someone (cough, for a couple days, cough) it'd make me going a much easier decision since I could spend some of my days off over there. This could either be really great timing for me or not so good. In other words, it's a definite maybe for me. I'll know in a couple weeks.

Looks like we arn't getting anyone else in the area, since the plug in the show didn't seem to bring people to the thread. Where do we want to meet up?

Anything on the JR Yamanote line is good for me. That puts most of Tokyo in reach. I've only been here a few weeks, so I don't know any good spots to meet up.

ANywhere in Tokyo's good. Maybe to increase visibility, make/suggest a post @ Kotaku - lots of posters there live in the greater Tokyo area.

I thought about it earlier today and if some very generous soul will let me crash at their place, I'll spend the couple Man-en to get down there. Hotel costs would just make this not worth it for me, though. :(

Doesn't look like we're going to get any other interested people, since if the plug on the show didn't get their attention, then they probably don't live in Japan.
Does anyone have any ideas for a good place to meet up and spend an afternood/evening?

Oops, missed my last post, so I repeated myself, my bad. I'm good for anytime before late April, when my finals begin and then I go back to the states.

[quote name='anubaph']No one has posted in a while. Is this still going to happen?[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing last night. I'd really be down for this. It'd be great to hang out with some of the people on here in Tokyo.

By the way, I'll be in Tokyo for 3-4 days March 20-23. If someone wants to meet up then, too, I'd be interested.

Still no comments in here. CheapyD, use some of that charisma we all admire to whip these Tokyo CAGs into a frenzy about the meet up!

How about meeting up in Akihabura. That's a great geek meeting place. Any place for a group to get together around there?

Well I'll be in the Shibuya area this weekend, hitting club Womb, Atom, and the rest with some buddies. Might go to Roppongi as well, if any CAGs are interested in hitting the clubs and meeting my buddies then come along.

[quote name='mox2']Well I'll be in the Shibuya area this weekend, hitting club Womb, Atom, and the rest with some buddies. Might go to Roppongi as well, if any CAGs are interested in hitting the clubs and meeting my buddies then come along.[/quote]

Damn, I just read this right now. I was in Shibuya AND Roppongi on Friday night. My friend wimped out at 10 p.m. and went home. I ended up partying with some random guys I met at a bar. Still had fun but it would have been good to have met a fellow CAG member. The 24 hours and $200 worth of bus rides wasn't very nice either.

Well if you were in Roppongi or Shibuya, you could of went to an internet cafe, they have a private room with cushions, internet, ps2, tv, magazines, comics. The night pack they call it is a flat rate of about 16 bucks for 6 hours for late night...... hence, instead of taking a taxi back sometimes the cheapest place to sleep is actually the internet cafe.

Ok, I'm making an executive decision. Let's meet at Hachiko at Shibuya Station on Saturday, April 19 and then eat dinner somewhere in Shubuya.

[quote name='anubaph']Ok, I'm making an executive decision. Let's meet at Hachiko at Shibuya Station on Saturday, April 19 and then eat dinner somewhere in Shubuya.[/quote]

Sounds good to me, although Shibuya is not ideal if im bringing the kid.
How many people are we thinking? If we know how many people to expect, I can suggest a different location and restaurant.

Hey Cheapy, I just sent you that email. I`ll be in Japan through August. Anytime would be good until then, especially weekends I think.

Is that April 19th date for sure? If so then count me waaaay in.

Hopefully... Gonna study abroad at Aoyama Gakuin (Shibuya) in September. Hope some of you will still be around :)

bread's done
Back