Costa Rica Drops Out of Coalition

Ha! That reminds me of that scene from Fahrenheith 9/11 when Moore shows all those countries that supported (in Rumsfeld's words) "the Mother of All Coalitions"!

Seriously, though, now the coalition has 5 less soldiers in Iraq to take the burden off OUR soldiers. :(

[quote name='Quackzilla']The New York Times is good and all, but could you please start linking to a freebie news site? ^_^[/quote]

Its free...just register!

The vast majority of the coalition 'members' don't haave any soldiers.

The only thing they count for is to enable Bush to claim he has made a bunch of new allies.

I never got why the Times made you register, just to give it to you for free. Though I think people have told me that if you don't have a no-call list they will have have reps hounding you to suscribe. Mybe that's just an out of state thing to get wider publication though, or just a rumor, I dunno. Thankfully I can just read it on campus for a small semester's program fee and I'm on a no-call list.

I didn't think the politicians could unless you signed something for them or their party, maybe I'm wrong though or maybe it's a state thing. Either way I have still never had one call me thankfully.

Just to be clear: people with whom you've done business within the last 6 months have a right to call you, regardless of if you're on the no-call list or not. If you sign up for (well, anything, but we'll stick to the subject...) the New York Times online edition, guess what? You've just done business with them, and they now have the legal right to call you.

bread's done
Back