Got a PS3 for 370 bucks w/shipping

valiente_fly

CAG Veteran
hi people i just wanted to share my experience on getting a 20 gb ps3 for 370 bucks on ebay, and maybe helping others getting one as well.
You see i saw this ebay listing where they were selling an open box ps3 "as is" auction, yes, its rather fishy 'cause most of the time when they say that, is because theres something wrong with the unit, but they wont say it openly, anywayssss, i asked the seller if there was something wrong and he only told me that he bought the ps3 on a flea market, that it turned on and all but since he didnt play videogames, he didnt have any games to try the unit so he didnt if it worked perfectly.....mmmm still fishy, but he did tell me that he called sony and they told him that even without a receipt they would charge 100 bucks and they would send a new unit in exchange.
I bought it and when i received it , yes, the ps 3 was working when i turned it on, but just like i tought, when i tried inserting a disc, the drive wasnt working, i knew there was going to be something wrong so i called sony repair service, told them what was wrong and when they asked me for the receipt, i told them that it was a gift from a family member, so they only ask me to check the warranty seal and the serial number from the box, and thats it! .........in a matter of 5 days i received an empty box to send them my non working ps3 and receive a refurbished one with....NO EXTRA COST AT ALL....now this new unit works flawlessly....i forgot to mention that i paid 370 dllrs for the nonworking ps3 from ebay, but i knew from the beginiing that every electronic manufacturer gives you a one year warranty, so the ps 3 barely has 3 months, i knew it was a matter of telling them the right answers to claim my warranty.....hope this helps you all..:D

big deal, i got my PS3 60gb for $480... Oh, that doesn't include the $150 Sony credit too... Since I used the $150 credit on the Wii. Speaking of the Wii, i got it for $12 in CC (new), thanks for CAG of course :)

[quote name='valiente_fly']hi people i just wanted to share my experience on getting a 20 gb ps3 for 370 bucks on ebay, and maybe helping others getting one as well.
You see i saw this ebay listing where they were selling an open box ps3 "as is" auction, yes, its rather fishy 'cause most of the time when they say that, is because theres something wrong with the unit, but they wont say it openly, anywayssss, i asked the seller if there was something wrong and he only told me that he bought the ps3 on a flea market, that it turned on and all but since he didnt play videogames, he didnt have any games to try the unit so he didnt if it worked perfectly.....mmmm still fishy, but he did tell me that he called sony and they told him that even without a receipt they would charge 100 bucks and they would send a new unit in exchange.
I bought it and when i received it , yes, the ps 3 was working when i turned it on, but just like i tought, when i tried inserting a disc, the drive wasnt working, i knew there was going to be something wrong so i called sony repair service, told them what was wrong and when they asked me for the receipt, i told them that it was a gift from a family member, so they only ask me to check the warranty seal and the serial number from the box, and thats it! .........in a matter of 5 days i received an empty box to send them my non working ps3 and receive a refurbished one with....NO EXTRA COST AT ALL....now this new unit works flawlessly....i forgot to mention that i paid 370 dllrs for the nonworking ps3 from ebay, but i knew from the beginiing that every electronic manufacturer gives you a one year warranty, so the ps 3 barely has 3 months, i knew it was a matter of telling them the right answers to claim my warranty.....hope this helps you all..:D[/QUOTE]

Check ebay for a shift key - it makes your posts easier to read.

[quote name='eshbums']Check ebay for a shift key - it makes your posts easier to read.[/QUOTE]

Might wanna look for an Enter key while at it.

damn I wish I could get a hot dog and rink for 50 cents :( even 50 cents US I have a whack of american coins lying around.

bread's done
Back