NEW Gamepro Best Buy Coupons $5 Off Almost Any Guide, Game, Accessory 3/12/07-4/30/07

Rictor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
The latest issue of Gamepro (#223, Next Gen Burnout on the cover) keeps the $5 coupons from last month (see this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126307) alive for another month!

$5 off any PS3 game
$5 off any PS3 accessory $19.99+
$5 off any PS2 game
$5 off any PS2 accessory $19.99+
$5 off any PSP game
$5 off any PSP accessory $19.99+
$5 off any Xbox 360 game
$5 off any Xbox 360 accessory $19.99+
$5 off any Wii game
$5 off any Wii accessory $19.99+
$5 off any DS Game
$5 off any DS accessory $19.99+
$5 off any Gamecube Game
$5 off any Gameboy Advance Game
$5 off any PC game
$5 off any Strategy Guide

Coupons valid from 3/12/07-4/30/07

Scans:

This is the best I could do, maybe some one with a better scanner will post some better scans and I can add them to the OP.

These are great to use in conjunction with the $5-15 clearance games from this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129052 and are better than the Gamer Gift Card because they can be used on games less than $20. Yes, this new batch doesn't work until March 12, but see the thread at the top of this post for the exact same coupons that are good NOW. This thread is an early heads up that these coupons are good for another month.

[quote name='Rictor']These are great to use in conjunction with the $5-15 clearance games from this thread[/QUOTE]
These wont work until 3/12 though, but there's the older ones that work now.

Nice to see that they're continuing the trend of the $5 off anything coupons.

Though, as they've done this 2 months in a row, I'm thinking that this might mark the death of the GGC, as they make money on a GamePro sub and don't on a GGC.

[quote name='shrike4242']Nice to see that they're continuing the trend of the $5 off anything coupons.

Though, as they've done this 2 months in a row, I'm thinking that this might mark the death of the GGC, as they make money on a GamePro sub and don't on a GGC.[/quote]

As long as they accept scans who cares? Easier to print em out then to buy 20 GGC's.

Thanks for the heads up. Now I just need to convince the idiots at my local BB to let me use the $5 off coupons on the games recently marked down to $9.99 (for some reason they tripped out on me for trying to do so last time claiming they were clearance items, but then maybe they were burned out from all the hoarders coming in for the sale that day).

[quote name='ryosnk']Can someone email me the coupons? I cant go into the website that has it posted. I appreciate it.[/quote]

Ummm there is NO website with coupons posted yet.....

[quote name='Brian9824']As long as they accept scans who cares? Easier to print em out then to buy 20 GGC's.[/quote]
That's always the question.

So, copies are usually not taken, but you all manage to make it work out? I remember my Best Buy cashiers like to check the back of the coupon, so I haven't used any of these coupons yet.

Mine have never cared if its copied. I used 11 copies at once of the $5 off any game coupon on Dungeon Siege for trading. (BTW my store still has more in stock, those games won't sell)

If we have scans of both sides of the coupons, we can probably print them double sided to make it more 'acceptable' ;)

I'm 4 for 4 using the coupons so far (from last time) by printing them out from my color printer onto regualr paper. One of them didn't even scan at all, but the cashier put it in manually. Obviously, I'm estatic that I get to keep using them for another six weeks. Thanks GamePro and OP!

[quote name='shrike4242']Nice to see that they're continuing the trend of the $5 off anything coupons.

Though, as they've done this 2 months in a row, I'm thinking that this might mark the death of the GGC, as they make money on a GamePro sub and don't on a GGC.[/QUOTE]

My brother bought some gift cards w/GGC and the employee at Best Buy said they are going to stop making the gift cards bundled with GGC because of people abusing them. In any case, just a heads up for all those that use them or want them.

[quote name='Spaceboy176']My brother bought some gift cards w/GGC and the employee at Best Buy said they are going to stop making the gift cards bundled with GGC because of people abusing them. In any case, just a heads up for all those that use them or want them.[/quote]
I'd love to know what BB considers to be "abuse" of the GGC. :roll:

[quote name='shrike4242']I'd love to know what BB considers to be "abuse" of the GGC. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I agree, it's not abuse considering it's a coupon they are selling with the GC.

At least at my BB, I couldn't find a GGC last time I went, and normally my store has been loaded with them.

Low and behold, they've all been moved behind the customer service desk, so you have to go to CS to buy a GGC now. Poor.

I know this isn't really on topic, but I just bought DDR Universe today, and I had never been a member of the Reward Zone program.

Today when I got home, I signed onto their site and saw it was free to sign up.

My question is can I still submit my purchase and get points for DDR? If so, where is that option on the site?

My roommate asked me earlier if he could have my receipt so he could have the points for his account, but I told him I was going to use them, so obviously there has to be an option somewhere...I just don't see it!

[quote name='Rig']I know this isn't really on topic, but I just bought DDR Universe today, and I had never been a member of the Reward Zone program.

Today when I got home, I signed onto their site and saw it was free to sign up.

My question is can I still submit my purchase and get points for DDR? If so, where is that option on the site?

My roommate asked me earlier if he could have my receipt so he could have the points for his account, but I told him I was going to use them, so obviously there has to be an option somewhere...I just don't see it![/quote]

Yes, you log into the site and there's a link that says something like "get missing points." You have to put in some info from your receipt into a form. Of course if the date of your receipt predates the date you signed up for the Rewards program, they may not honor it. Doesn't hurt to try though.

[quote name='Rictor']Yes, you log into the site and there's a link that says something like "get missing points." You have to put in some info from your receipt into a form. Of course if the date of your receipt predates the date you signed up for the Rewards program, they may not honor it. Doesn't hurt to try though.[/quote]

Thanks! I just saw that but wasn't sure if that was the place.

And I think I should hopefully be okay, since I signed up the same day I bought the game.

If not, then that's fine too, since I don't buy much from BB. I only go in there for clearance sales or when they have nice coupons like the $10 off.

[quote name='Rig']Thanks! I just saw that but wasn't sure if that was the place.

And I think I should hopefully be okay, since I signed up the same day I bought the game.

If not, then that's fine too, since I don't buy much from BB. I only go in there for clearance sales or when they have nice coupons like the $10 off.[/quote]
You'll need Customer Service PIN at the bottom of the receipt, which is their transaction identifier, and the total on the receipt.

I'd suggest waiting 2-3 days before adding in the transaction to your RZ account, mainly because it takes a few days for it to be visible in the RZ system. Purchases I made Monday night aren't in there yet, and they should probably be there tomorrow or Friday.

[quote name='eau']Gamer Gift Card from Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Can you elaborate on what this is? What does it do? Does it cost money? Everyone always talks about it but I have no idea what it actually is.

[quote name='Gorge']Can you elaborate on what this is? What does it do? Does it cost money? Everyone always talks about it but I have no idea what it actually is.[/quote]GGC Explained

Was the last $10 off coupon off of $40 or $30?

I remember when the 360 launched, they had one for $10 off of something $30 or more. Ah, life was good.

[quote name='Pojo']Was the last $10 off coupon off of $40 or $30?

I remember when the 360 launched, they had one for $10 off of something $30 or more. Ah, life was good.[/quote]
$10 off $39.99+

[quote name='eau']Thanks for the scans. Too bad they don't have a $10 off coupon this time.[/quote]

I agree! $5 is basically like taking off the tax. Too bad the $10 off $39.99 ended yesterday! :cry:

Thanks. Wish they had a coupon for games for the original Xbox though. There are a few $9.99 titles I wanted to pick up.

[quote name='c88ms']I agree! $5 is basically like taking off the tax. Too bad the $10 off $39.99 ended yesterday! :cry:[/quote]

I don't mind the $5 coupon as there's no price limit on it like the $10 coupon. I rarely buy $40 games...I tend to buy clearance games. $5 off a $5-10 game is nice.

The only thing I ever used the $10 off $40 coupon was a Wii game. Now that $10 off $30 coupon last year I used to buy a ton of new DS games. New release DS games for $20 was a great deal.

used the $5 off any wii accessory $19.99 or up to nab a Wii classic controller. the coupon scaned but didnt take off the discount, the cashier called some other employee over and they deducted the $5.00 for me. so i got the discount but didnt exactly work "like a charm" for me. tomorrow im going back to try to get a nunchuk.

i havent gotten my gamepro mag with the coupons yet. i wanted to use the actual coupon at circuit city $5 dollar off ds coupon to get phoneix wright or contact for 13 dollars. i heard that they price match coupons

havent tried using printed copy to scared

[quote name='burningrom2']used the $5 off any wii accessory $19.99 or up to nab a Wii classic controller. the coupon scaned but didnt take off the discount, the cashier called some other employee over and they deducted the $5.00 for me. so i got the discount but didnt exactly work "like a charm" for me. tomorrow im going back to try to get a nunchuk.[/quote]

The coupon didn't work because you used it before the date it's supposed to start. The coupon is valid from Mar. 12 to April 30. If the cashier had read the coupon date, they probably would have denied you.

[quote name='Rictor']The coupon didn't work because you used it before the date it's supposed to start. The coupon is valid from Mar. 12 to April 30. If the cashier had read the coupon date, they probably would have denied you.[/QUOTE]

Wow... I lucked out. it was the last classic controller left too.

so does anyone know if BB has any good deals with these coupons?

can anyone confirm that the accessory coupons work with Wii and Xbox 360 points cards?

i'm surprised this thread is so dead.......i'm guessing it picks up today.....

[quote name='EvyLou']so does anyone know if BB has any good deals with these coupons?

can anyone confirm that the accessory coupons work with Wii and Xbox 360 points cards?

i'm surprised this thread is so dead.......i'm guessing it picks up today.....[/quote]
It does work with Xbox 360 point cards, because BB has it in their system as an accessory. The same should be the case with the Wii point cards.

Having the items in BB's system as accessories means the coupons should work without any problems with being scanned or having their UPC's typed into the computer. If they're not, then it turns into a huge hassle with needing the price adjusted manually and the like.

I know for certain it shouldn't be an issue with the 360 point cards, though I'm not certain with the Wii point cards.

[quote name='shrike4242']It does work with Xbox 360 point cards, because BB has it in their system as an accessory. The same should be the case with the Wii point cards.

Having the items in BB's system as accessories means the coupons should work without any problems with being scanned or having their UPC's typed into the computer. If they're not, then it turns into a huge hassle with needing the price adjusted manually and the like.

I know for certain it shouldn't be an issue with the 360 point cards, though I'm not certain with the Wii point cards.[/QUOTE]
I might try using the $5 off Wii accessory $19.99+ for a Wii point card. If it works I'll get a second one.

bread's done
Back