Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - Get Your Feline Fingered Copy!

RelentlessRolento

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Update: It's out!
_____

Been a while since I updated but glad to hear more about this soon...

cover:

pix_090407_mhfu_th.jpg

TGS

http://www.psphyper.com/psp/tgs-2008-monster-hunter-freedom-unite-announced/

New update!

this makes me happy if true...seems like we may be getting MHP2G eventually but renamed Unity

http://www.pspfanboy.com/2008/09/02/monster-hunter-unite-could-be-name-of-localized-2g/

Update:

Download the trailer/demo...? on your psp. it's not a game demo just a piece of software that plays the trailer...

http://www.psphyper.com/psp/monster-hunter-portable-2nd-g-demo-video/

Update

Famitsu Scans of MHFIIG... infostructure mode is said to be possibly happening. Also, you can now have a companion cat to assist you on missions (awesome!)... also a new area! :

http://img125.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=22892_viploader518094_122_1164lo.jpg
http://img103.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=22898_viploader518095_122_1139lo.jpg
http://img42.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=22899_viploader518096_122_689lo.jpg

* "All data that isn't gamebreaking will carry over"; you can change sex, at which point sex-specific gear will also change.
* While hunting, an otomoail can be brought along, limited to one in single-player. There are many different types, with different patterns and abilities. Ther can be trained in the Ail Kitchen.
* G-class quests are unlocked, and other upper-rank quests are added, including the top-rank "Village Chief" quest from Necote.
* New monsters "Lightning Dragon Nargagarga", "Soaring Dragon Yamatsukami". Nargagarga looks like Tigarex in the body, and has a black panther motif (including face). Palette swap of Daimyo Uzaza also appears.
* New field "Deep Forest" in addition to previously-seen Volcano, Dunes, Cliffs, Forbidden Woods.
* On sharpness gauge, purple is now above white
* Mail for paint added.
* Lightning-elemental gunlance added.
* New varieties of hunter's pipes added
also there's supposedly a new weapon class...

Note, I'm still playing the game. It's length sure is superb.

[SIZE=+1]Official Site[/SIZE]

Monsthunt.jpg

Release: August 28th, 2007

US Release Info

Trailers/Videos

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=6RPaR9mwGcc[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3WRP_Jmh7o[/media]

I have the original for PSP, and even though the long battles are a pain with no online, it was a solid and good time killing game. I may or may not get part 2 immediately but at some point I'll have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rodeojones903']I LOVED the first one, so this is a day one purchase for me. Local multiplayer was a blast.[/quote]

Must be great to have like minded friends.

I can never see this series taking off in America like it has in Japan without online multiplayer.

Monster hunter needs to be made a sony exclusive... it if can sell psp(s)... it can sell ps3s as well... at least in japan.

[quote name='TimPV3']Holy shit, this made the PSP outsell the Wii by over 22,000 units in Japan.[/quote]

You're a douche bag. Seriously. The Wii has no outstanding games and one for another system comes out with a decent sized following and it is a shock that it out sold a system that has no new great AAA titles? I couldn't see that coming...

Anyway, if this doesn't have online, I could careless. None of my friends even own a PSP let alone like these types of games. Local multiplayer maybe fun, but I won't know what it would be like.

[quote name='Kendal']You're a douche bag. Seriously. The Wii has no outstanding games and one for another system comes out with a decent sized following and it is a shock that it out sold a system that has no new great AAA titles? I couldn't see that coming...

Anyway, if this doesn't have online, I could careless. None of my friends even own a PSP let alone like these types of games. Local multiplayer maybe fun, but I won't know what it would be like.[/QUOTE]

It's a shock because people said the PSP was dead... said it was like gamegear...

Yeah, It's good new cos Monster Hunter will drop MSRP down $20 b4 Monster Hunter 2 coming soon in September. Also, MH2 is bestsellers in Japan is mean MH3 is on the work.

[quote name='FurryCurry']
I can never see this series taking off in America like it has in Japan without online multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Same.

I don't give a shit about this series until it's online... once it's online I'd pick it up ASAP.

[quote name='Roufuss']Same.

I don't give a shit about this series until it's online... once it's online I'd pick it up ASAP.[/QUOTE]

I still don't know why it isn't online... MH1 and MH2 were online and the PSP can handle Ad-Hoc, so why not some more finicking with code to make it online?

Curious, would you be able to play your part 1 char in part 2? If so then that'd be great. If not then I'll just wait for part 2 instead of getting part 1. Now only if they'd bring part 2 and 3 to the US on the ps2/3.

Well, I wouldn't be sure about carrying over your character from MHF1. Since I wanna say MHF2 is based off MH2Dos, most of the beginning missions are in new areas (Ice mountain and new Jungle/Island area), they'd want you to go through those areas. Plus I wanna say there was no option in MH2Dos to carry over your MH1 characters. Plus a large portion of the game is getting good enough to actually go through those beginning missions, so I honestly would rather start over in MHF2.

But this is awesome that it's coming over here. My friend and I imported MH2Dos but we always wanted to actually know what we were making or what items we were getting from carving the monsters, so it'll be nice having everything translated for F2.

I wanted to like the first game, but I just couldn't get into it. I thought the battles would be epic, but they just took forever and seemed tedious.

I'm going to buy this, but I still need to get the first. I don't really care about online much, since I'll probably never use it (always played PSO offline).

I think Capcom is making us wait a little too long, but oh well.

[quote name='Thomas96']It's a shock because people said the PSP was dead... said it was like gamegear...[/quote]
Nah, no one really thinks that way except the disgruntled NeoGAF rejects, 1up.com worhshippers, and the standard edition fanboy that's still stuck in 05's ideologies that the PSP just a fashion statement that doesn't have much backing it except ports, sports and good graphics.

So did they do MHF right this time... as in, with infrastructure play and mic support? Or is xlink kai still gonna be the only way to play it online? (Guess it's no big deal to me since I've got xlink set up with my WiFi MAX)

hmm so only solo play until you gather some friends huh...that really sucks...yet I preordered it still through overstock lol

[quote name='karsh']Well, I wouldn't be sure about carrying over your character from MHF1. Since I wanna say MHF2 is based off MH2Dos, most of the beginning missions are in new areas (Ice mountain and new Jungle/Island area), they'd want you to go through those areas. Plus I wanna say there was no option in MH2Dos to carry over your MH1 characters. Plus a large portion of the game is getting good enough to actually go through those beginning missions, so I honestly would rather start over in MHF2. [/quote]
There is the option to transfer your MHF character across, but it's not a direct transfer as such. You only get to keep your cash, items that are rare-3 or less and all other items and gear are exchanged for cash and 'tickets' (these act as crafting shortcuts, like Gold/Silver tickets in previous games). You also have the opportunity to tweak your character appearance (including gender) again.

Some complain that the transfer will be too much of a springboard, but I disagree, and will probably take advantage of the feature.

[quote name='TLR']So did they do MHF right this time... as in, with infrastructure play and mic support? Or is xlink kai still gonna be the only way to play it online? (Guess it's no big deal to me since I've got xlink set up with my WiFi MAX)[/quote]
Only Ad Hoc multiplayer, but there is infrastructure support for downloadable content like additional quests. Still, I've got my Kai/WiFi MAX setup good to go for online play too. :)

I've cleared up to the 5* quests on the Japanese version, but I'm keen to get my hands on the US version so I can experiment more deeply with the new armor customisation system.

Can. not. wait.

Meh. Bad controls, tedious missions, and bad balancing made me sell the first one (well, I've actually sold it 5-6 times because of the resale value) and never look back. I actually think this would be fun online, but Capcom seems to think they can milk another sequel before needing online to revitalize sales.

I'll own this game eventually, but I'm still bummed there's not online multiplayer. I literally have no one to play with.

[quote name='SL4IN']I'll own this game eventually, but I'm still bummed there's not online multiplayer. I literally have no one to play with.[/QUOTE]

same here on no one to play, but it's still a blast on solo... plus I hear this version of the game is alot more solo friendly now.

[quote name='TLR']Nah, no one really thinks that way except the disgruntled NeoGAF rejects, 1up.com worhshippers, and the standard edition fanboy that's still stuck in 05's ideologies that the PSP just a fashion statement that doesn't have much backing it except ports, sports and good graphics.[/QUOTE]:lol: about the part I bolded. I got perma banned from there all because I disagreed with the EB Games article saying trade away the past (where the PSP was the past, meaning it was dead). That can tell you how people are at that forum.

[quote name='SL4IN']I'll own this game eventually, but I'm still bummed there's not online multiplayer. I literally have no one to play with.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I'm the same way. I really want to give Monster Hunter Freedom a shot, but missed out on the first. I'd like to gave the second one a shot. I wish I could play online with some wonderful CAG Members, but oh well.

i only know one person with a psp and he probably won't be getting this game :\

adventuring solo is kinda ronrey. I get plenty of that from WoW and it sucks balls...maybe I should reconsider getting this :\

[quote name='The Mana Knight']:lol: about the part I bolded. I got perma banned from there all because I disagreed with the EB Games article saying trade away the past (where the PSP was the past, meaning it was dead). That can tell you how people are at that forum.[/quote]
Yeah, there's so many GameRankings/NPD tools on NeoGAF it's not even funny.

I knew I was about to be doused in a hellpool of casual gamer chaos as soon as I saw extreme 1up.com worship and people treating NPD sales progress as if it determined how good/bad the games were.

Haven't quite been banned yet, but I'm pretty sure one of their GameFAQs spies would have noticed me and sniped me on contact if they actually knew what alias I'm hiding behind.

The results were incredibly lopsided towards infrastructure, with the highest-scoring option being "Very necessary; I will not buy MHF2 unless it has Infrastructure" ...deliberate ignoring of the fans; do they not want our money?

Even if I caved and bought one, I'm only one person... if they actually made this online for anyone outside of xlink, MHF2 would have been the most epic, monsterously high-selling shit on a handheld.

[quote name='TLR']Yeah, there's so many GameRankings/NPD tools on NeoGAF it's not even funny.

I knew I was about to be doused in a hellpool of casual gamer chaos as soon as I saw extreme 1up.com worship and people treating NPD sales progress as if it determined how good/bad the games were.

Haven't quite been banned yet, but I'm pretty sure one of their GameFAQs spies would have noticed me and sniped me on contact if they actually knew what alias I'm hiding behind.

The results were incredibly lopsided towards infrastructure, with the highest-scoring option being "Very necessary; I will not buy MHF2 unless it has Infrastructure" ...deliberate ignoring of the fans; do they not want our money?

Even if I caved and bought one, I'm only one person... if they actually made this online for anyone outside of xlink, MHF2 would have been the most epic, monsterously high-selling shit on a handheld.[/QUOTE]Agreed.

Yeah, I don't understand about not having infrastructure myself. I'm currently doing some research on the game because I'm currently writing a preview over it.

I love neoGAF, especially for the NPD analysis threads.

I don't understand how anyone can still say 1up has an anti-PS3 bias. They've got just as many problems with the 360, if you listen to this week's 1up yours they absolutely rant about the 360's hard drive/pricing problems. They're just much more critical than most, and I really enjoy them for that.

Monster Hunter Boredom is my trolling attempt. J/K.. I would really love this game if it just broke down some of the barriers to the user enjoying the game. Maybe a kids version that moves faster and controls a little easier? I could get behind that. Not afraid to say I enjoy easy RPGs.. :) (I realize I probably just described pokemon, oh well)

The first one was impressive because of how ambitious it was. I mean, the game never freaking ends and packs in some of the best PSP graphics to boot. That being said, they really need to work on the controls and the loading times. If they do that, I'll get this once the new PSP comes out.

[quote name='Halo05']The first one was impressive because of how ambitious it was. I mean, the game never freaking ends and packs in some of the best PSP graphics to boot. That being said, they really need to work on the controls and the loading times. If they do that, I'll get this once the new PSP comes out.[/QUOTE]While writing a preview, I found out the game loads the next area in the background, so you don't have to deal with long loading when going to the next area. However, it depletes the battery energy faster.

I enjoyed the first one the few times I got to play it w/ my friend/co-worker on our lunch break. And then they said we couldn't play our psp's at work regardless if it was on our lunch break or not. So yay.

I just hated the same 3 attacks that went on forever. That, and you couldn't dodge/block mid attack.

For those of you who enjoyed the first... I love this one...

it basically squashes all the complaints, other than no online mode, that the first had problems with. The background loading is superb. Most of the time I run from one area to another and it takes a half second to load... so good! plus you can warp around town as well which is a great touch. Overall everything is more streamlined this time around. The farm is easier to upgrade now as well (thank god too... took me forever to max mine out in part 1).

I'm UBER pissed. The EB I preordered my copy at didn't even have the damn bonus. Freaking lame. Gonna order straight through Capcom instead. Being an avid Monster Hunter fan, I must have everything MH related.

[quote name='Orga']I'm UBER pissed. The EB I preordered my copy at didn't even have the damn bonus. Freaking lame. Gonna order straight through Capcom instead. Being an avid Monster Hunter fan, I must have everything MH related.[/QUOTE]

The one I got it from didn't even give it till I mentioned it was suppose to come with a pig... he then told me he thought the pigs were for viva pinata... looking at the poogle now that I have it, that makes alot of sense.

Note: the transfering character from MHF1 really makes it start up quick and on your feet. Plus you get some nice goodies like MHF1 poogle clothes.

Can you change your gear after accepting a mission? I always found it moronic that you couldn't re-equip after you knew what you were going out to do.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']For those of you who enjoyed the first... I love this one...

it basically squashes all the complaints, other than no online mode, that the first had problems with. The background loading is superb. Most of the time I run from one area to another and it takes a half second to load... so good! plus you can warp around town as well which is a great touch. Overall everything is more streamlined this time around. The farm is easier to upgrade now as well (thank god too... took me forever to max mine out in part 1).[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']Can you change your gear after accepting a mission? I always found it moronic that you couldn't re-equip after you knew what you were going out to do.[/QUOTE]

to me it made sense. A large portion of the game is dedicated to planning out how you're going to tackle each situation. You can't bring everything... that would totally throw the game off anyway... but if it makes you happy, you can change your hair any time in your home :)

I preordered the game and didn't get my pig. The women called the other Gamestops around my area and they all only got ONE each. WTF? I'm calling gamestop customer service tomorrow and beetch and whine to see if they'll mail me one.

Seems to me like the game (despite the premise that you're a person who hunts wyvern and monsters) is a bit too realistic for you Kayden. If you think about actually swinging a weapon, it doesn't make sense to be able to instantly change into a block or a roll in mid-swing. That's part of the appeal of MH in my book. It's a game that tests the skill of the player mostly through more realistic combat. It's not so much about the gear you have as it is how good you are at the game. I'm prolly gonna pick this up sometime soon. Once I beat stuff like Jeanne D'Arc, Persona 3, and eventually Prime 3.

wait hold up this game is out?:hot: rr did they put the blood like the jap has? cause the jap one has alot more then are version.

[quote name='karsh']Seems to me like the game (despite the premise that you're a person who hunts wyvern and monsters) is a bit too realistic for you Kayden. If you think about actually swinging a weapon, it doesn't make sense to be able to instantly change into a block or a roll in mid-swing. That's part of the appeal of MH in my book. It's a game that tests the skill of the player mostly through more realistic combat. It's not so much about the gear you have as it is how good you are at the game. I'm prolly gonna pick this up sometime soon. Once I beat stuff like Jeanne D'Arc, Persona 3, and eventually Prime 3.[/quote]

i hear though that some areas although they don't necessarily require you to have the proper equipment, it would be good to have it (i.e. thick clothing for the colder climate areas). I would imagine though that the mission will describe everything you need to know and probably give you a choice to decline or accept the mission on the spot.

I've never actually played any MH games though so I'm not too sure on accepting the missions and such

bread's done
Back