SKATE. - Go Skate Now >_< - Vote for CAG Videos to Help for Achevements

RelentlessRolento

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)

Features

The closest thing to skateboarding without actually putting your feet on a board is skate. With innovative controls that take advantage of the duel analog sticks, the power of next-gen hardware, and the ability to sculpt tricks that define your own style, skate. delivers an authentic boarding experience like no other videogame.
Individual style combined with physics-driven animations promise that no two tricks will ever be the same. And there's plenty of room to pull off those tricks—San Vanelona challenges you to explore, find, and own the best spots. You can even capture footage to create and show off your style with friends across the world—because without footage, it's fiction.
Get ready for all the fun, creativity, and culture of skateboarding without the hours of practice, broken bones, and hospital visits.

• Flickit: The days of button mashing are over. The intuitive Flickit dual analog control lets you perform skill-based trick executions that capture the real-world feel and true attitude of skating.
  • Define your style of skating: Create your own style and personality with animation and physics that give you the freedom to decide how your skater looks, feels, and rides. Get creative as you develop your own tricks and string them together to create lines.
  • Without footage, it's fiction: Capture your sickest moves in-game and bring them online for the world to see. Use innovative online video editing tools, and add music to create the ultimate skating vid.
  • Create your own story: Skaters don't follow rules, they choose how they want to progress through the game. Open progression allows gamers to skate how they want to skate. Become famous and generate mainstream hype, or go the infamous route by outrunning security guards, owning spots, and building street cred. Depending on how you roll in the game, you'll start seeing your own coverage in Thrasher or The Skateboard Mag.
  • Make San Vanelona your playground: Get chased by security guards, impress and/or annoy the citizens in this fully reactive city. San Vanelona is the ultimate skate mecca where you can ride with pros, discover skate shops, and own spots to make them yours.
  • Roll with the pros: skate. features professional legends and upcoming pros including Danny Way, Mark Gonzales, Rob Dyrdek, Mike Carroll, P.J. Ladd, Chris Cole, Jason Dill, Pat Duffy, Jerry Hsu, Paul Rodriguez, Dennis Busenitz, Alex Chalmers, Chris Haslam, Colin McKay, John Rattray, Ryan Gallant, Ryan Smith, and Terry Kennedy.
  • Online gameplay: skate. features an extensive online gameplay system including multiple online multiplayer modes. Gamers can hit up popular spots in the city with friends across the country.
Well, I'm almost done with all the challenges, and yeah they are a bitch, but at least it's skill based rather than do/or don't.

I'll post links to videos soon of CAG's stuff to be voted on to get an achievement for them.

Here's two to start with:

RelentlessRolento: http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/5465/posts/146681.aspx

Bazz:
http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/14203/posts/127052.aspx

blackflag: http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/20365/posts/147425.aspx

biggiant: http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/19583/posts/135380.aspx

AK85: http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/6130/posts/160621.aspx

Bretts31344: http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/17300/posts/161585.aspx

mr ryles: http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/17432/posts/164159.aspx

------------

Video Section works now!

------------

The video section is live now:

http://skate.share.ea.com/

you can upload replays from the demo... show me some sick lines guys!

----------

Demo is now on XBLM... go download it fuckers and see the wonder of this game! too much awesome! (note: this was posted before demo was played by OP, so if it sucks, give him a break... or not).

--------------------

Still looks to be the best skater for skaters

demo:

[quote name='deadite76']Demo coming August 15th:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/03/skate-demo-on-xblm-aug-15-in-stores-in-september/[/quote]

also, here's a load of good videos on the features...

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/3397.html

I'm so friggin tired of the unrealism of THPS. Every time I beat the THPS games, I would go and play free-skate with the "Sim Mode" cheat on to pull some sick real life lines instead of the stupidly superhuman stuff. Mark this is my first sim type of game I look forward to.

------------------------
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/9695

Color me impressed and very happy, being a former skateboard fanatic. Huge thumbs up to the guy who decided to use this camera angle.

I think I'd get sick with the way that camera zooms in really quick and back out when he is doing tricks/near a wall.

I'm still interested in playing it, but I'm not a skater, nor a fan of camera movement that makes me want to hurl. The general angle I'm fine with though.

[quote name='shipwreck']I think I'd get sick with the way that camera zooms in really quick and back out when he is doing tricks/near a wall.

I'm still interested in playing it, but I'm not a skater, nor a fan of camera movement that makes me want to hurl. The general angle I'm fine with though.[/QUOTE]

the camera movement emulates alot of what you see in skate videos. The cameraman is on another skateboard following the skater thus the not zoomed in view, but closeness.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']the camera movement emulates alot of what you see in skate videos. The cameraman is on another skateboard following the skater thus the not zoomed in view, but closeness.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I get that. I just don't think I'd enjoy playing a game that was constantly doing that.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']the camera movement emulates alot of what you see in skate videos. The cameraman is on another skateboard following the skater thus the not zoomed in view, but closeness.[/QUOTE]

here's a super shitty example of what I mean:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMFyVfl4kRg[/media]

I see what they're trying to do with the camera, and it could be a pretty cool perspective on things, but I definitely think it should be optional. Having the choice between that and a more traditional camera should help to prevent any sort of backlash.

Game looks really good. I actually like the camera angle as well. But i feel it should be option as well. Also i wonder what Big Black's part in this game is gonna be?

This probably going to be the first time in a while that I don't check for a slickdeal and just go to every walmart in the tristate area looking for a early copy.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Well, at least it can't be worse than TH Project 8.[/QUOTE]
You didn't like THP8? I thought it was a huge step up from THAW and THUG2.

[quote name='spoo']It looks great with a nice style but the gameplay looks like it lacks the fun factor Tony Hawk games have.[/QUOTE]

I am just happy there's no insanity like the THPS games... I've played every THPS game ever released and the combo thing is getting stale.

[quote name='nharmon91']I dunno, it looks like shit to me, besides the graphics.[/quote]

This quote explains why this game is going to fail. It's being made by skaters for skaters.

It doesent look very entertaining.... You might as well just skate in real life, the fantasy element is what makes the THPS games fun. Street Sk8er 2 from EA a few years ago was great though.

[quote name='derder']This quote explains why this game is going to fail. It's being made by skaters for skaters.[/QUOTE]

just like Madden was made for football fans? did that fail?

I don't see why it get so much critisizm. consider it a sports sim and not an arcade game. MS Flight Simulator is great due to it's realism so why not this game?

i think it looks amazing. i remember when THPS first came out we had a hard ass time getting super long combos which made it fun becuase it was *almost* like real skating where you can only string but so much together until you got really good (unless you are daewon song or rodney mullen...see one of their vids...amazing)

i love THPS, but i just want a real skate game where its actually like skating..maybe im in the minority here, but i like the idea of only pulling off a few tricks in one combo and having to use strategy to plan a run as opposed to just racking up as many points as you can on a 30 minute long combo ala tony hawk

i would also love to see a real surfing game. i liked kelly slater pro surfer, but the waves were all just the same. maybe if they took the waves and layout of transworld surf (where you could paddle into certain parts of the break) and combined that with 'real' surfing action (cmon, no kickflips or shove-its...although ive seen people like ratboy and taj burrow do it on vids) where you have to plan the wave and really get the feel for it

while it will always be more fun to go out and skate or surf, it would be nice to have something for those cold rainy weekends when the waves are flat and the concrete is wet.

fuck real skateboarding, I just want a fun game to play and so far, Skate looks just like THP8, only severly stripped down. Hopefully we get more vids before hand, because I'm all for a skating game that can rival TH's legendary series, but they better not sacricfice "fun", just so a measly percentage of the skate fans can say: "see that's what skateboarding is all about, not you pansy ass Tony Hawk games!!"

Just look at the Madden series, they've abadnoned trying to create anything even close to a football sim around Madden 02, because 1) they couldn't do it right, 2) the sim aspects sometimes clashed with what fans wanted. Hopefully, whatever team EA farmed Skate out to realized this and set out to make a game that regular people want, as well as they really, really, really small and insignificant pecentage of a niche hobby wants.

[quote name='derder']This quote explains why this game is going to fail. It's being made by skaters for skaters.[/quote]

Just to let you know, I have never skated before and I hate THPS but I am getting this game on day 1.

Wow, this game looks really nice. I'm happy to see a level that's realistic, as in no architecture that is specifically for skating and would never appear in real life.

Also, didn't THPS already use Express Yourself in a game. I think it was in THPS4.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']

Also, didn't THPS already use Express Yourself in a game. I think it was in THPS4.[/QUOTE]

yep... don't know why they are using it again.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']just like Madden was made for football fans? did that fail?

I don't see why it get so much critisizm. consider it a sports sim and not an arcade game. MS Flight Simulator is great due to it's realism so why not this game?[/quote]

Are you honestly saying the number of skaters is compareable to the number of football fans? I'll let you take it back if you want.

[quote name='Prepster']Just to let you know, I have never skated before and I hate THPS but I am getting this game on day 1.[/quote]

Just to let you know I do skate and will buy this game on day 1 aswell, but I don't believe this game has a large enough fanbase to be successful.

[quote name='derder']Are you honestly saying the number of skaters is compareable to the number of football fans? I'll let you take it back if you want.[/QUOTE]

yes I am. take some time and go outside sometime.

That doesnt mean the games going to fail. Look at Tony Hawk. People hate that game and they still play it. This will not be insanly popular but it will have sucess

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yes I am. take some time and go outside sometime.[/QUOTE]
Okay, really now, you can't honestly believe that. Over 90 million people watch the Superbowl every year. You mean to tell me that there's a comparable number of skating enthusiasts?

If that was true, then every parking lot and sidewalk would be overflowing with people on skateboards.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Okay, really now, you can't honestly believe that. Over 90 million people watch the Superbowl every year. You mean to tell me that there's a comparable number of skating enthusiasts?

If that was true, then every parking lot and sidewalk would be overflowing with people on skateboards.[/QUOTE]

globally. skateboarding is worldwide. football is focused primarily in the US. so yeah, I can believe it.

Hopefully the game turns out good. I'm a big fan of skating realistically in the TH games, used to have skate sessions with friends at different spots and looking for different lines. I also played a lot of Thrasher on PS1, still pop it in from time to time.

Nothing spectacular. Infact, I think the controls will be annoying . I just can't picture myself constantly having to propel myself while trying to focus on both analog sticks.

I'm pretty excited about skate! EA occasionally does some really fantastic stuff (the Fight Night series is a blast), so I'm keeping an open mind. I freakin' love THP8, but I'm like Barry White... I got so much love to give... at least enough for two skateboard games.

Excellent, this game sorely needed a demo. Time to see if it can match up to the excellence of the TH series, while catering to the hardcore group.

Considering how much I'm bored to tears with THPS, I'm very excited about this game. Here's to hoping it isn't the same old shit I've played a million times!

[quote name='Rozz']You might as well just skate in real life, the fantasy element is what makes the THPS games fun. Street Sk8er 2 from EA a few years ago was great though.[/QUOTE]
*sigh* You people have obviously never even stepped on a skateboard.

Being an ardent skater myself, there is no way in hell the vids I've seen are anywhere near as hard as "skating for real".

The fantasy element of a skateboard game should be like that of a Guitar Hero, and from what I've seen skate has it down far better than Tony Hawk. Tony Hawk completely ruins the entire thing by making tricks not cool and exciting, but frusterating, huge, riddiculously unrealistic, and shit. Going all over the track like some fucking superman shit and racking up 1,000,000 points in a single combo is not fun at all, a skating game should make even a well performed 7-set kickflip feel satisfying, Tony Hawk doesn't even make a 1,000 trick combo feel satisfying.

bread's done
Back