PS3 10% off at Comp USA both versions

Hunter02

CAG Veteran
This my first post I checked forums nothing was posted about this

At Comp USA bellflower,CA in southern Cal they have a 10% clearance off PS3 60gig and 20 gig versions:)

Also they have 10% off all Xbox 360 systems all versions as well.:bouncy: :applause:

[quote name='nodoubt']http://consumerist.com/consumer/compusa/exclusive-compusa-closing-100-stores-239260.php[/quote]

Yeah this goes the same for any Compusa that's going to close like at least 6 in the Metro DC area. Almost all games are at least 10% right now and probably will drop to 20-30% in a couple of weeks. Keep an eye on your stores because they may be boarded up within the next 90 days! Almost 50% of their stores!

http://www.compusa.com/about/news.asp

http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/20070228/tc_zd/202064

Thanks for posting it, Hunter. Well this is happening at select CompUSAs. This one is because we're closing up shop. We're just ridding of everything that's left.

I wonder if there's going to be a list soon of the stores that are actually closing. I think the one by me may be closing since it's kind of in an out of the way area.

Don't forget to email Jack Tretton a copy of your receipt for your $1200 rebate.

Who knows, maybe there's a bonus for finding a PS3 on CLEARANCE that sat on shelves....

Holy crap if I see a PS3 for 20% off I'm in. At 10% I'll think about it, but at 20% I don't think I can pass that up. $600-120=$480 too good to pass up on.

All the CompUSA's in NJ are closing and everything in the store is 10-20% off except notebooks (5%). I think about 100+ stores are closing in all.

[quote name='starman98']my local CompuUSA in Mesquite TX has 20% off pS3 systems.

2 were left as of last week.[/quote]

That's funny, because only the Frisco store is closing.

As an aside, I saw 60GBs for $580 at Wal-Mart. I know that's only $20, but a console markdown of any sort is news.

[quote name='Demolition Man']They would have to put them at 60% off before I would even consider buying one.[/QUOTE]

good thing nobody cares whether you buy one or not.

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']Don't forget to email Jack Tretton a copy of your receipt for your $1200 rebate.

Who knows, maybe there's a bonus for finding a PS3 on CLEARANCE that sat on shelves....[/quote]

Jack Tretton made this "offer" to the person that was interviewing him in early January, not to anyone who can find and unsold PS3 at any time. You'd think people would be able to understand that, but I guess I shouldn't ever underestimate the stupidity of video game forumites.

anyone actually buy one from compusa? My local compusa has one but I dont want to wast time going there because this deal seems to good to be true.

[quote name='jkoch']Jack Tretton made this "offer" to the person that was interviewing him in early January, not to anyone who can find and unsold PS3 at any time. You'd think people would be able to understand that, but I guess I shouldn't ever underestimate the stupidity of video game forumites.[/quote]

Off topic, but the date was mentioned specifically because the shortages had already been greatly alleviated during DECEMBER.

[quote name='jkoch']Jack Tretton made this "offer" to the person that was interviewing him in early January, not to anyone who can find and unsold PS3 at any time. You'd think people would be able to understand that, but I guess I shouldn't ever underestimate the stupidity of video game forumites.[/QUOTE]
He was joking, dick. You'd think people would be able to understand that, but I guess I shouldn't ever underestimate the stupidity of you.

no Ps3s in stock at the CompUsa store in Queens, NY.

ALthought the PS3's are readily availible everywhere they somehow are hard to find in NYC. I have yet to see a PS3 in the wild. I have seen them availible online but nothing in a BM.

a little OT, but since so many reading this thread and posting here are in a tizzy about the PS3 being placed on clearance...I thought that I would add that I bought my Xbox 360 less than 5 months ago...at Tower Records' clearance for something in the ballpark of 40% off. Also, with Microcenter's $100 rebate...360s have been sold at less than retail for larger percentages than is being advertised here. Just wanted to share.

[quote name='jgamezcua']Can you locate PS3s or 360s through the online store?[/QUOTE]
Not in the stores that are going out of business (where the discount would take place). Their inventory was taken offline since they're clearing everything out.

[quote name='zewone']He was joking, dick. You'd think people would be able to understand that, but I guess I shouldn't ever underestimate the stupidity of you.[/quote]

It's not funny, and it's been repeated ad nauseum since EGM came out last month. I've even seen people on Joystiq writing about suing Tretton for their $1200.

[quote name='WebScud']As an aside, I saw 60GBs for $580 at Wal-Mart. I know that's only $20, but a console markdown of any sort is news.[/QUOTE]
I was there last night and saw them for $599.00! Thats 99 cents in savings right there!

Anyone know when they will jump to a higher % off? Right now games are 10% off. I might buy some if they get to 25%+ off.

Wow, actually caved and got one. With the emotion chip being removed in the future I figured it would be a good buy.

[quote name='WebScud']As an aside, I saw 60GBs for $580 at Wal-Mart. I know that's only $20, but a console markdown of any sort is news.[/quote]

they are also marking down 360's by $20. probably just a week thing.

[quote name='wadeshaqwalker']they are also marking down 360's by $20. probably just a week thing.[/QUOTE]
quoting some idiot from page1
"they can't get rid of this thing!"

The ride to my closest closing store is so freaking far that I would hate to go there and there not be one. That and when I called to ask a rep from that store about what they had in stock, she didn't sound like she cared that I was asking her a question. Sucks that all those people will be losing their jobs.

anyone know ifany of the ones in MN doing the sale/closing?

damn i'm not going to be back for a week, hopefully no one will have caught wind if it's going on here by then, if they are indeed discounting the PS3's by alot.

In itself this isnt that great of a deal but it shows potential for many of us who want a ps3 but cant justify dropping SOOOO much money on it when it hits 20% its gonna be hard not picking up at least a 360..... but we shall see.

by the way,
thanks for pointing this out OP

[quote name='BearMan23']If I can still check local availability online, does that mean my store isn't closing?[/quote]

yes. i believe there was a link on their site that lists if the store was closing.

[quote name='WebScud']At 20% that's $480 + tax for a 60GB. That's a price I can get on board with.[/QUOTE]
I agree. Hopefully they will be in stock still at my store when they start the 20% off.

[quote name='BearMan23']If I can still check local availability online, does that mean my store isn't closing?[/QUOTE]

yes, if it shows up online then it isnt going to be closed, i think :)

I would buy it at 20% off for sure. I live in the Dallas area so if anybody sees one for that price or better please let me know.

[quote name='Santurio']I would buy it at 20% off for sure. I live in the Dallas area so if anybody sees one for that price or better please let me know.[/quote]

Ditto.

$480+tax for the 60GB would be acceptable :D.

bread's done
Back