HORI/CAPCOM Onimusha 3 Wireless Katana (US release info)

Mr. Rhee

CAGiversary!
we already knew this was being released in Japan, now confirmed for US. great review & pix/date/info

Wireless Katana: The Soul Controller
http://gear.ign.com/articles/494/494328p1.html

"Katana should retail for $150-$160 -- is a hard sell, and Hori knows that it will not be a mainstream device. This in mind, the US release will be between 3,000 and 5,000 units."

This seems really mystic and cool and all, but I sure as hell don't think it's worth $160. Maybe if they included the game it'd be a different story, but that ain't gonna happen.

With PSP delayed, I'll have extra money to spend this Chistmas, so maybe I'll buy this, but when is it supposed to come out in America?

Does anyone have any idea whether this controller works with the older Onimusha games? I've scoured a ton of sites, but I can't find any info. $150 certainly seems a lot for a controller that only works with one game.

Seems cool, but its one of those things "I'd like to try but wouldnt buy". For $160, I could buy 3+ games. Still, its very cool and harecore gamers will be happy.

I'm guessing that it will. The swinging motion is probably assigned to mimic a button press, which would make it usuable by other games as long as it's programmable. The handle also contains all the normal dual shock buttons, so I'd imagine that they'd make it work with any game. I still wouldn't pay $150 for it though.

My controller just came in the mail today and I'm quite pleased with it. It does, in fact, work with all games. Playing it with Onimusha may be one of the greatest gaming experiences ever. Granting, I am playing Onimusha 1 on "god" mode (or whatever that's called), so I'm just ripping through enemies.

I can't wait to play Onimusha 3 with it. If you like crazy controllers (i.e. DDR pads or Samba De Amigo maracas), I highly recommend it.

im gonna start a collectio of weird controllers. this will be first, followed by pelican sniper rifle, guncons, steel battalion, tiny bees, and a wheel. and ddr pads.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']im gonna start a collectio of weird controllers. this will be first, followed by pelican sniper rifle, guncons, steel battalion, tiny bees, and a wheel. and ddr pads.[/quote]

Tiny bees?

Don't forget maracas and a rez trance vibrator

mmm. the vibrator scares me

i for got about that . and the tiny bees are yunas guns for ffx2

ff2-x2gun.jpg

Heh, I've actually got a pretty decent collection of random controllers going. Got the maracas, the DDR pad, the katana, GunCon2... God willing, I'll have the Donkey Kongas soon enough.

[quote name='BigHow']Heh, I've actually got a pretty decent collection of random controllers going. Got the maracas, the DDR pad, the katana, GunCon2... God willing, I'll have the Donkey Kongas soon enough.[/quote]

You already got the katana?

[quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='BigHow']Heh, I've actually got a pretty decent collection of random controllers going. Got the maracas, the DDR pad, the katana, GunCon2... God willing, I'll have the Donkey Kongas soon enough.[/quote]

You already got the katana?[/quote]

On April 5, he posted that he did. In this thread, even.

If the "katana sword" compatable with Onimusha 1, 2, & future Onimusha games i'll pickup whenever it Release but it Only for Onimusha 3 for $150 (= NEW PS2 system) is not worth

Masterkyo - the katana works with all the Onimushas. In fact, swinging the katana will press square for every game you own. I'm not sure, but I think it could be used for Tenchu, if you want to rock out some awesome Ninja Sword action.

bread's done
Back