[Canada] Trade 3 for ANY UPCOMING GAME at EB every weekend in March

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Starting next weekend, and supposedly every weekend after that (but only weekends), you can trade 3 games for any upcoming game. I don't know if that includes the Halo 3: Legendary Edition (I assume it doesn't).

I'm gonna try and track down some $10 games I can use to pre-order Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Blue Dragon, and Halo 3 =)

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4745008&postcount=914
It either starts next weekend or the weekend of March 16th.

haha good idea. If this is really every weekend, I'm gunna keep my eye out for some cheap games and maybe get all the games I plan on getting on release, like Halo 3 and Brawl, early and save myself some money :p. How much does EB have to offer for the game in order for it to be valid for trading again?

[quote name='TheBigBoi']You say it's any upcoming game? Are you sure? Because I would love to get a copy of Madden 08.[/quote]
Ya, I'd hunt down some cheap games to trade in for 8 or more to get Madden 08 on my 360 ANYDAY.

They'd need the SKU for it in their systems. Don't know if they'd have it for Madden '08. You should call them ahead of time.

[quote name='BobFromPikeCreek']Is it ok if you bring three copies of the same game?[/quote]
I don't think they'd take it. I'd say 2 is pushing it, but I doubt they'd take 3. They'll think you're doing something fishy and I think they're allowed to deny you.

You could always go to a different store and split the 3 up into different sets.

MGS Ac!d and Me & My Katamari will probably work.

I'll have to call my EB up about this. I'd like to know if it will work with Guitar Hero 2 (with the control(.

Probably not though, that's getting a bit on the expensive side..

[quote name='Circa2113']The 360 version is...[/quote]

Oh yeah! My bad. Yeah good luck >_>;
And wish me luck on Halo 3 Legendary

I wish ;_;

good luck.

so far i've preordered graw2, mario party 8, cooking mama, and god of war2.

i'd get more but some of these release dates are so for in the future... i don't know if i'll be in the same city.

Just to confirm, this is for ANY THREE games (valued $8 or over) for ANY upcoming game, even if it is say six months until official release?

Damn.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Just to confirm, this is for ANY THREE games (valued $8 or over) for ANY upcoming game, even if it is say six months until official release?

Damn.[/quote]
As long as it's in the system, it's fair game. The only restriction other than the $8 minimum TIV would be the value of the actual game. They might not allow anything over $69.99 or $79.99 or something.

Last time Metrotown said weekend was Saturday/Sunday only. Anyone know if any location will think of Friday as a weekend too >_>

it is on any game comig out OR already out. Only on the weekends and Only on games 69.99 or LESS. sorry firestorm no legendary

[quote name='Ranzo']it is on any game comig out OR already out. Only on the weekends and Only on games 69.99 or LESS. sorry firestorm no legendary[/quote]

does it work for Major League Baseball 2K7 for XBOX 360?

[quote name='Ranzo']it is on any game comig out OR already out. Only on the weekends and Only on games 69.99 or LESS. sorry firestorm no legendary[/quote]

Ok. I guess that means no Collector's Editions either, although I'm thinking of getting Halo 3 at BBV anyway. Do you guys count Friday as weekend? It's such an ambiguous day =(

[quote name='jonkaho']does it work for Major League Baseball 2K7 for XBOX 360?[/quote]

If it is 69.99 or less. then yes.

I heard from the guys here at eb games that its only on Saturday and Sunday and as mentioned before on any new games out now or for pre-order with a value of 69.99 or less.

I should probably point out though if you want a Collector's Edition try using the deal to pre-order the regular one, and then come back a few days later and upgrade it to the CE. I doubt you will have any troubles with that (and should only have to pay the 10 dollar difference).

On a side note, in case anyone was wondering, I asked the guys at eb games what would happen if I didn't pick up the game within the 5 day holding period. They said they would put the copy they are holding for me on the shelf for sale. However I could come pick up a copy anytime afterwards (as long as they had stock). In other words they won't "close the door on you and laugh at you" as the guy put it, if you don't come within the holding period.

[quote name='imcrazy']I heard from the guys here at eb games that its only on Saturday and Sunday and as mentioned before on any new games out now or for pre-order with a value of 69.99 or less.

I should probably point out though if you want a Collector's Edition try using the deal to pre-order the regular one, and then come back a few days later and upgrade it to the CE. I doubt you will have any troubles with that (and should only have to pay the 10 dollar difference).
[/quote]

You can look in the pre order history and see how the money was put down. Although I am sure most EB staff do not know how.

Vancouverites, Pacific Centre is allowing Trade 3 for 1 anytime. I just went in and traded 6 games in. Got pre-orders for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

The staff are extremely helpful and nice too. Great people. Probably my best EB experience in recent memory. I usually have to deal with the pricks at Metrotown.

I used:
NBA Live 06 (PSP - $12 TIV - $10 at Rogers Video)
Madden NFL 07 (XBX - $11 TIV - $20 at Rogers Video)
Scaler (XBX - $11 TIV - $10 at Rogers Video)

Tecmo Classic Arcade (XBX - $8 TIV - $20 at BB, got $10 "demo" unit)
Nightmare Before Christmas Oodies Revenge (XBX - $8 TIV - part of 2 pack with TMNT Mutant Melee for $20)
Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (XBX - $8 or $9 TIV - $10 at Rogers Video)

The following games do NOT work:
Beyond Good & Evil (XBX)
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc (XBX)
Starsky & Hutch (XBX)
50 Cent: Bulletproof (XBX)
Taito Legends (XBX)
Marc Ecko's Getting Up (XBX)
Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire (XBX)
King of Fighters: Neowave (XBX)
Fallout: something or another (XBX)
Minority Report (XBX)
F-Zero GX (GCN)
Over the Hedge (GCN)
Yu Yu Hakusho (PS2)

Ya I used some games I got at rogers and blockbuster for games that were advertised as 3 for 1. They are as follows:

For God of War 2 (PS2)
Tecmo Classic Arcade (Xbox) - TIV of $8, paid 7.49 @ rogers with 2 for 14.99 deal
Resident Evil (GC) - TIV of $8, paid 14.99 @ BB
NFS: Underground 2 (Xbox) - TIV of $12, paid 4.99 @ BB (buy 1 get 2nd half off)

Assassin's Creed (Xbox 360)
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (Xbox) - TIV of $12, paid 14.99 @ rogers
Legacy of Kain: Defiance (PS2) - TIV of $8, paid 9.99 @ rogers
LOTR: The Third Age (PS2) - TIV of $10, got it for free @ rogers (buy 2 get one free) without the deal it would of been $14.99

Others that should work with the deal (waiting for the weekend):
Outrun 2 (Xbox) - TIV of $10, paid $9.99 @ rogers (Confirmed today)
Jade Empire SE (Xbox) - TIV of $10, paid 14.99 @ rogers (Confirmed today)
MVP NCAA Baseball 06 (Xbox) - TIV of $8, paid 9.99 @ BB (Unconfirmed, should according to wiki)
NBA Street V. 3 (Xbox) - TIV of $8+, paid 9.99 @ BB (Unconfirmed, should according to wiki)
SSX on Tour (Xbox) - TIV of $9, paid 9.99 @ BB (Unconfirmed, should according to wiki)

I hope that info will help some of you and I have a cheat sheet I used to make this all happen so I will post it up soon.

I also have REmake for GameCube. I thought it only had a TIV of $7 according to the CAG wikiguide. Have you tried trading RE in yet?

The EB Games near me doesn't do the 3 for 1 until this weekend so I haven't checked it out yet.

SSX on Tour worked last feb 07 when I did the 3 for 1 towards Oblivion PS3. It may have changed by now. Especially NBA Street V3 Xbox since NBA Street Homecourt just came out.

From Red Flag Deals: Psychonauts PS2 nets $8, Nightmare before X-Mas Xbox also is acceptable.

thanks

[quote name='X-Factor']I also have REmake for GameCube. I thought it only had a TIV of $7 according to the CAG wikiguide. Have you tried trading RE in yet?[/quote]
Yep the games listed under GoW 2 and Assassin's Creed were traded in today. The eb stores around here have the 3 for 1 deal on select titles only, and anything during the weekend. Just so happens that 2 of those select titles are ones I want.

SSX on Tour worked last feb 07 when I did the 3 for 1 towards Oblivion PS3. It may have changed by now. Especially NBA Street V3 Xbox since NBA Street Homecourt just came out.
Thanks for the heads up, lucky for me all 3 uncofirmed games are brand new and unopened. So they will be easy to return if anything goes wrong. I'm gonna drop by eb games tomorrow during my break and get them to give the TIVs without bringing the games in (if they need a barcode we can grab the games off the shelf). I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Cheat sheet is up! Get it here: http://rapidshare.com/files/20115251/Cheat_sheet.doc.html

Note: For the cheat sheet I used the listings from RFDs wiki. The reason for this is that none of the listings on that one are any older then a month and I like to be cautious. Also you will notice that many games above the 14 dollar range were not included, I did this because I was looking for games with a 9.99 - 14.99 price tag. I knew games with a trade in value of >$14 was unlikely to be found for so cheap, so I decided to leave them out and save space. Feel free to add or adjust this sheet however you see fit. I hope it helps, and good luck!

Thanks for the info. The weekend only constitutes Saturday and Sunday?

I always thought Friday was considered the start of the weekend. :cry:

I traded in 1080 Avalance for the GC
5 days ago and it was $10. I should have kept it since I will be short 1 game for 4 trade-ins.

Well I did it again. Traded in more games and got GRAW 2 ( since I was worried some of the games' values would drop).

GRAW 2 (Xbox 360)
MVP NCAA Baseball 06 (Xbox) - TIV of $8, paid 9.99 @ BB
NBA Street V. 3 (Xbox) - TIV of $8, paid 9.99 @ BB
SSX on Tour (Xbox) - TIV of $9, paid 9.99 @ BB

And now I have to wait till next weekend for the March Madness thing to get Half Life 2 (360) and Bioshock.

Also I have a feeling that eb games may do a mass value drop before next weekend, so be aware of that (I'm trying to stay away from sports titles since they are likely to be affected). I asked the guys at eb when values drop, and they said it can happen at anytime.

Damn it! :bomb: The people at Yorkdale had signs up advertising the deal all week but when I went in today and they say it starts NEXT SATURDAY.

Also avoid getting World Poker Tour for X-Box since the trade value is now $7
although it may go back up to $8 by the time next week comes around.

I don't get it. What makes this "March Madness" deal different than the normal "trade 3 get 1 free" deal?

It looks like both Nightmare Before Christmas and Crime Life: Gang Wars have had their TIV drop according to RFD. They are no longer eligible.

EDIT: MVP 06 also seems to be down. $3.

Ok. Crime Life: Gang Wars works at Blockbuster Video for the Halo promo so if you have one left like I do, you can use it for that.

Conflict Vietnam and Conflict Desert Storm: Return to Baghdad II both work for EB Games.

[quote name='Firestorm']EDIT: MVP 06 also seems to be down. $3.[/quote]
Haha wow! Talk about perfect timing. I had a feeling that one was going to drop soon.

Games that work towards the 3 for 1 trade deal as of Mar. 14, 2007:

EB Games Eaton Centre Toronto is allowing this promotion today therefore you can take advantage of this promo a few days earlier than the rest of the locations.

I did 3 pre-orders there but i'm saving the rest for this weekend for the store closest to where I live.

PS2:

Star Wars Battlefront 1 $8
Star Wars Battlefront 2 $8
Suikoden Tactics $8+

GameCube:
Star Fox Adventures $8
Resident Evil $8

No longer work towards the promotion:
Nightmare Before Christmas PS2 $6

[quote name='X-Factor']
Star Wars Battlefront 2 $8
Star Fox Adventures $8
[/quote]

Nice, I have these.

So I bought these games, and called EB to see their trade in values. They had all $8 or more values. *I called on Mar.9*

Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2)
Need For Speed Underground 2 (PS2)
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (GC)
Simpsons: Hit and Run (GC)
Graffiti Kingdom (PS2)

The total for all these was 50 bucks (including taxes) at a local crazy cheap used store. I hope these still work (and if they don't- I have a few weeks to return them) I'd call and confirm these before you go in.
I also wonder if EB accepts games regardless of disc quality....

Holy trade-in value drop Batman.

Batallion Wars is now $6
Conflict Desert Storm II: Return to Baghdad is now $6
Buncha stuff people on RFD are reporting are under $8.

Well, I traded in Tigers Woods PGA Tour 06, Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, and Lord of the Rings: The Third Age for GTA IV today. All had a TIV of $10 or more.

bread's done
Back