Robocop 3 Figure (w/Flight Pack) Unboxing Video

So as a Robovirgin, if I watch Robocop today, is it going to hold up? Or is one of those things where you had to be there at the time?

CheapyD, you lucky, lucky bastard. I would love to get one of those ED-209s, but I didn't like the paint application from the photos that I've seen of it. That, and the fact that it's like $250 and I have no place to put it. Is there an unboxing video of that that I missed?

Also, why did you get the Robocop 3 version if you don't like the flightpack? Don't they also sell the plain Robo and battle-damaged versions?

Edit: Did they manage to get Peter Weller's likeness for the figure?

Man, I should fly to Japan just to throw you off a building like "Dick Jones"
cause I'm so jealous of you. Also will there be a Kain(as a robot) figure in the works?

Thats pretty freakin awesome :applause:

I saw robocop when I was a kid. All I really remember is alot of swearing and an rpg being fired at a police car and ofcourse... he kills those bitches.

I like these unboxing videos. If only because they make me feel better about spending too much money on toys for myself.

That's awesome! How did you get Amazon Japan to ship that to you?

You had me at "All you need to know is that it comes with this."

You should put a warning the video exposes you to high levels of Geek. But really, it's cool to see some one geek out at something like that. I know that's the way I felt when I got my Soundwave from TRU recently.

I would have loved to see your wife's reaction to this. She must have rolled her eyes so hard she needed to sit down.

So, after careful analyzation and multiple opinions....we must pose this question:

Are you wearing blush in this video? :applause:

[quote name='marten']So, after careful analyzation and multiple opinions....we must pose this question:

Are you wearing blush in this video? :applause:[/QUOTE]

I conclude that yes, he is wearing blush in this video. :oops:

very nice.

by the way some what off topic

are you picking up the revoltech megatron?

I believe you mentioned in the cagcast you had the revoltech prime.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']its like watching model building at the special olympics[/QUOTE]

It was mildly humorous though.

Seriously Cheapy, I dunno why, but these unboxing videos are really, really fun to watch. It's sorta like getting new stuff except... well, not.

[quote name='youruglyclone']very nice.

by the way some what off topic

are you picking up the revoltech megatron?

I believe you mentioned in the cagcast you had the revoltech prime.[/quote]
Just looked it up on Amazon Japan...comes out in April.
Damn you 1-click, you got me again!
B000NN3P7Y.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V45023783_.jpg

The ED-209 figure is nice...but that Aliens Power Loader is going to tower over it.....Ed really isn't in 1/6 scale, its more like 1/8th scale I'd say, needs to be a little bit more on the huge side...thankfully I found the McFarlane Toys version of Robocop that makes a fine substitute for the $120+ Hot Toys version.

Here in the States buying directly from SideshowToy.com online is usually the cheapest option, but you have to wait for them to get their shipments in.

Fleabay is faster, but you'll pay more. Cheapy, what did you shell out in converted currency for those Hot Toys items........

[quote name='CitizenB']Pretty awesome, and now it makes sense that cheapy was saying he gots to get paid. He bought a $250 Robocop figure.[/quote] It wasn't that bad, it was about $160. ;)

$195 here in the states, but its worth it cuz the helmet comes off :)

The first version which was bout $120 doesn't have a removable helmet.

And I used to bitch when 1/6 scale stuff hit $40 bucks a figure :p

Cheapy's in a good place....he's back in the mecca of electronics, and he's also now in the Center of the Universe for 1/6 Scale high-end stuff......and Anime schtuff....

Hey Cheapy, have you ever played any of those RoboCop Pachinko machines in Japan? I've seen them on ebay a while back and was tempted to get one, but they are freaking expensive.

Also, you guys should check this out. some guy recreated that RobCop VS ED-209 in 3d a while back and it's pretty cool
http://www.kraeeranimation.com/robo.html

These things are a fecking beech to put together. I bought a Hot Toys (sane company that makes the Robocop) Predator, tried putting it together, and came out an hour and half later with bruises and cuts.

Yes, putting on the head was the hardest part of all. I had to heat up that sucka so it would pop in. -.-

very cool unpacking video but you sure are rough with these figures. they're so fragile, lol.

i have the original version from Hot Toys, i'll take some piccies when i take him out. dunno where to display him yet.

I want PICTURES. I don't need movies of you opening boxes. No offense. I get that you use it as an opportunity to pitch the site and the sponsors, but I just haven't the patience.

For instance... this is a great picture. And it doesn't take time to get there. It just IS.
ed209.jpg

And sweet Megatron.

[quote name='guinaevere']I want PICTURES. I don't need movies of you opening boxes. No offense. I get that you use it as an opportunity to pitch the site and the sponsors, but I just haven't the patience.

For instance... this is a great picture. And it doesn't take time to get there. It just IS.
ed209.jpg

And sweet Megatron.[/quote]

/bitchmode off

bread's done
Back