* * * * * 1 votes

Welcome to Referral Central! 1 THREAD/MEMBER - 30 Day Waiting Period - 3 Bumps/Day

#61 saahil   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   36 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:56 PM

I agree with ^^

#62 Foladar   Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff Forum Moderator   3626 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:42 AM

Read the title of this thread, and prior replies. One thread per member.

#63 Foladar   Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff Forum Moderator   3626 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2008 - 04:15 PM

If you have too many bump posts, perhaps you should wait longer on bumping your thread. The current rule is one thread per member, period. If your going to bump your thread every 35 minutes so you have an excuse for a new thread, that won't work.

#64 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   9164 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:08 PM

Sigh, maybe its about time we asked Cheapy to implement the IQ test when you register. Keep up the good work Foladar

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#65 nikkai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2047 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 03:06 AM

Yo Kube. =)

May I suggest to cheapy that we ban any public talk of cancellation of offers? I know sites got in trouble for that before...

#66 mkda   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1686 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 03:28 AM

Yo Kube. =)

May I suggest to cheapy that we ban any public talk of cancellation of offers? I know sites got in trouble for that before...

I agree. Using pre-paid cards too. The more talk about this, the more people will abuse it. Many advertisers, mostly the good ones, will then back off b/c of so much abuse. Look at this one for example:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173655

#67 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   9164 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 03:57 AM

Maybe a mod could go through and delete those posts, slickdeals has a thread like this but it generally focuses around how long the offers last and how long they take to credit (a thread with how long offers take to credit would be nice)

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#68 SpitFire158  

SpitFire158

Posted 09 March 2008 - 03:59 AM

this thread is ridiculous
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=127586
84 pages

But people actually post in that thread

#69 mkda   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1686 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 07:39 AM

Maybe a mod could go through and delete those posts, slickdeals has a thread like this but it generally focuses around how long the offers last and how long they take to credit (a thread with how long offers take to credit would be nice)

They include a lot more than that. If an advertiser sees that, they'll SO run away immediately. No wonder the Pacific WebWorks offers are still down (Quickbooks Quickstart, Yahoo! Success Center, etc.)...cause of people using 1 time pre-paid mastercards and then not even bothering to terminate it properly. I strongly bet it's b/c of that stuff.

#70 Foladar   Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff Forum Moderator   3626 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 03:14 PM

Yeah, I'm really trying to keep down talk of cancellations and prepaids, but theres just tons of people that seem to think its alright.
If you have a post in particular, feel free to PM me and I'll look into it.

#71 krazyaznboi99   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   3 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

krazyaznboi99

Posted 09 March 2008 - 03:46 PM

awesome.
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=248033
hoping for rock band drums :D

Cod4: "If it moves again, I'm shooting it."

#72 mkda   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1686 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:14 PM

Yeah, I'm really trying to keep down talk of cancellations and prepaids, but theres just tons of people that seem to think its alright.
If you have a post in particular, feel free to PM me and I'll look into it.

Well, for starters, check out the first and second post on this thread:

Lots of stuff against the TOS, including one-time use paypal cards, time to wit to cancel, encouraging to let the card expire and not bother canceling, cancellation #s, etc.

#73 Wicked One 612   Banned Banned   565 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Wicked One 612

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:29 AM

Well, for starters, check out the first and second post on this thread:

Lots of stuff against the TOS, including one-time use paypal cards, time to wit to cancel, encouraging to let the card expire and not bother canceling, cancellation #s, etc.

That's over the line right there. Rig is considered a saint for writing all of that and it has helped many, many people, including myself.

Pertaining to the one-time use cards, if you read the thread you would know that he says "I specifically asked a Trainn representative about this, and he/she said they don't have a problem with it".

Rig was suggesting a time to wait to cancel if you do plan on canceling. In no way was he influencing the idea of signing up, planning to cancel. He put that there as a guideline so you don't end up in trouble if you decide to cancel.

I saw no mention of him encouraging card's to expire and not canceling.

I guess I had forgotten that it was against TOS to post public knowledge all in one convenient place.

#74 Foladar   Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff Forum Moderator   3626 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:25 AM

I saw in his FAQ he put "dont do this" in bold regarding the letting the card expire / not bothering to cancel. I don't really see an issue with the #s because it keeps the information in one place rather then having people ask over and over. People will cancel, it happens .. but he isn't encouraging fraud IMO. And his FAQ also said Trainn gave him the okay on paypal cards, do you have a post elsewhere that says they don't allow it? The last one I saw said something about them looking into it.

#75 mkda   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1686 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:29 AM

I saw in his FAQ he put "dont do this" in bold regarding the letting the card expire / not bothering to cancel. I don't really see an issue with the #s because it keeps the information in one place rather then having people ask over and over. People will cancel, it happens .. but he isn't encouraging fraud IMO. And his FAQ also said Trainn gave him the okay on paypal cards, do you have a post elsewhere that says they don't allow it? The last one I saw said something about them looking into it.

Yeah, you saw it on a4f, right? I don't think there was a reply after that relating to paypal cards. I think I'll ask trainn too to be sure.

Yeah, all this info, and even the info on Slick Deals is quite useful, but unfortunately, it also helps encourage people to do take advantage of all this too much. Oh well... I guess it's best to make the best of it while the going is good.

#76 zizo79   AWD-Hustla CAGiversary!   1037 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:28 AM

hey guys, i got 2 people to sign up under me at yourps34free.com ...but it keeps saying that : "this user is not providing credit to your account as they have not completed their offer requirement"
does it mean that they completed their offers and it takes time for me to get credit ?
thanks

#77 mkda   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1686 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:14 AM

hey guys, i got 2 people to sign up under me at yourps34free.com ...but it keeps saying that : "this user is not providing credit to your account as they have not completed their offer requirement"
does it mean that they completed their offers and it takes time for me to get credit ?
thanks

It could mean:

- they did an offer and it didn't credit yet, or
- the user didn't do an offer (just signed up)

#78 zizo79   AWD-Hustla CAGiversary!   1037 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:23 PM

It could mean:

- they did an offer and it didn't credit yet, or
- the user didn't do an offer (just signed up)

thanks a lot

#79 edawgnog   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   11 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

edawgnog

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:55 PM

:/ 29 more days...

#80 mrmail2000   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   42 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

mrmail2000

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:14 AM

I hardly ever post in forums and when I decided to this past week for referrals I neglected to read this thread first. Especially since I mistakenly posted two entirly different threads.
I understand the need for one thread per site but not one thread per user.
Can I add / edit to my own thread and then change the thread name?
if so, please post the thread that shows me how. I started to go through page by page in this thread, but most of it was conversation.
and also can you delete my other post titled "sports betting" ? thanks
Posted Image

Posted Image

#81 mrmail2000   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   42 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

mrmail2000

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:14 AM

I hardly ever post in forums and when I decided to this past week for referrals I neglected to read this thread first. Especially since I mistakenly posted two entirly different threads.
I understand the need for one thread per site but not one thread per user.
Can I add / edit to my own thread and then change the thread name?
if so, please post the thread that shows me how. I started to go through page by page in this thread, but most of it was conversation.
and also can you delete my other post titled "sports betting" ? thanks
Posted Image

Posted Image

#82 Foladar   Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff Forum Moderator   3626 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:07 PM

Your entitled one thread per user (as it stated in the title of this thread) .. you can change your title of your one thread by edit-> go advanced.

#83 mkda   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1686 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:19 AM

greencandyman: This ain't the thread to place referral links. You're welcome to create 1 thread in this section though.

#84 Scripps12   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   26 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Scripps12

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:42 PM

I've been registered longer than 1 month, but I still can't make a thread!
Check out my thread for the best freebie GPT and best freebie Trainn.
http://www.cheapassg...d.php?p=4542636

#85 The0ne   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   610 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:25 AM

What if someone created a thread for referrals but the site went down or turned out to be a scam? Could they make a new one for a different site?

#86 Foladar   Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff Forum Moderator   3626 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:07 AM

What if someone created a thread for referrals but the site went down or turned out to be a scam? Could they make a new one for a different site?

You'd simply edit your top post, and/or title as needed.

#87 Tiki767   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   2 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:31 PM

Well, this is my first post, so I don't have much leverage at all, but...

I completely understand why the 30 day rule was set in place, and I can see why this wouldn't be a good idea, but if the admins/mods are willing, could new members maybe submit threads to them via PM or something else for approval? I was going to post a pretty extensive guide to getting points on a site (with my referral link, of course), but I was pretty discouraged by this 30 day rule. I'll probably forget about this site by then... no offense to you guys, but that's just how it is with me. I'm not exactly patient. :(

Thanks in advance for any replies. :)

#88 mkda   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1686 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:34 AM

I completely understand why the 30 day rule was set in place, and I can see why this wouldn't be a good idea, but if the admins/mods are willing, could new members maybe submit threads to them via PM or something else for approval? I was going to post a pretty extensive guide to getting points on a site (with my referral link, of course), but I was pretty discouraged by this 30 day rule. I'll probably forget about this site by then... no offense to you guys, but that's just how it is with me. I'm not exactly patient. :(

Try pm'd Foladar and let him know about your idea....just in case he doesn't see this.

#89 spoo   Wood for your sheep CAGiversary!   5052 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2008 - 01:43 AM

The point of the 30 day rule is that you won't forget about the site and is for active CAGs. It isn't a dumping ground for every schmo wanting to spam referral links.
midwestcag7ea41ci.jpg

#90 Tiki767   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   2 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:58 AM

Okay. My bad, then. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't, but I realize no one probably wants me here anyways if I'm not active. :P