Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow Now $19.99 NEW at Gamestop/Ebgames.com

The question is, will new inventory have that horrible Konami's Best plastered on it that seems to delve into infinity?

My local GS/EB had the original print, so I don't think it'd be a problem for me.

Yeah its hard to say really, it could have that but then again maybe they are getting rid of the original game stock before they get/start selling those other ones.

Hmmm... if they sell the one without the ugly cover, I wonder how I should return my Target copy...

EDIT: Target, not Amazon...

I've never understood why people wouldn't buy a game because the cover has "greatest hits" or something like that on it? I sure don't play with the case. I play the game! If the game isn't any different, why worry about it?

[quote name='mogamer']I've never understood why people wouldn't buy a game because the cover has "greatest hits" or something like that on it? I sure don't play with the case. I play the game! If the game isn't any different, why worry about it?[/quote]

Amen

[quote name='mogamer']I've never understood why people wouldn't buy a game because the cover has "greatest hits" or something like that on it? I sure don't play with the case. I play the game! If the game isn't any different, why worry about it?[/quote]

I'm guessing it is because of collection purposes...

Likewise, why can't game publishers do decent packaging for their best-selling titles?

It seems that they go out of their way to make garish-looking re-releases. It may not be long until some company decides fluorescent orange would be a great 'best-seller' color.

These games looked messed up. I will be looking into them again. I had remembered something about a race car game and then forgot about them.

I normally don't give a shit about Player's Choice or whatever, but I must say that the new box art for Dawn of Sorrow is quite ugly.

On a different note, I think it's awesome to see publishers take things into their own hands and re-publishing popular titles at lower prices. Nintendo is always late to the game in that department - fucking Nintendogs was a launch title and still retails at $35 but is still in circulation. It doesn't make sense for them not to lower prices when their focus is attracting the non-gamer crowd, but at the same time it's not like DS-demand is on the decline.

[quote name='Swift900']I'm guessing it is because of collection purposes...[/quote]

You guess correctly - in my case anyway. I always try to get the original release case. When all my games are lined up on the shelf and one red or yellow label sticks out from all the black ones, well it gets to me.

[quote name='Morpheus']^More like OCD.

Great price on the game. :D[/quote]

i tried to explain this to my roommate once in that its kinda like trying to get the first edition of a comic book (which he collected). the content is the same, but its just better to own the original.

i was not aware that other ppl were like this until i found this site. i'm rather anal retentive about my things. i wonder if the other ppl that want the original print are the same.

For me, it's for collection purposes. The original cover of Kingdom Hearts and Star Ocean: Till the end of Time and the greatest hits version of those two games are great examples. Other times, in the case of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and the Hot Coffee mod, its hidden content thats only available in the original print. However, there are examples where the Greatest Hits version of the game is superior to the original release. Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition, Silent Hill 2 (has the bonus content from the Xbox version), and Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution are good examples of this.

I've always just gone for the re-released version and end up printing out the original cover work from http://thecoverproject.net/. Heck, I do the same when I get some crappy disc + generic container from some used store/trading -- buy a new case and insert a printed out cover. Can't tell the difference looking at my game shelf.

some people bitch and moan because the red playstation 2 tab doesnt match their other ones, or the silver xbox boxes don't match their green ones :[
I don't really care if it's GH or not, if they got the original, nice, if not... nice.

I have the KB version of DoS. At least the spine looks more or less the same, i.e. top 1/3 is white. It looks fine on the shelf whereas my other consoles' GH titles look a little out of place. Annoying, but usually not enough to deter me from buying.

Hmm, not a bad price, and my local Gamestop has at least one used copy of the game in, too. I might have to stop by and see if it's marked down to $17.99 yet.

I don't care only because I don't really collect them. If I had a built up collection over the years then yes I would be anal about this sort of thing. A red tab or yellow tab looks out of place in entire collection of blacks. I'd pay much more for an original.

Wow, I usually don't mind GH packaging and the like, but that's pretty bad. Worse than the boxes of the some of the GBA double packs.

But thanks OP, $20 is still a great deal for one of the best DS games, even if Konami fucked up the cover.

[quote name='Tsukento']I'm sorry, but that really can't be real. It looks too much like a half-assed edit. >_>

Anyone with an ACTUAL photo?[/QUOTE]
nope it is real

[quote name='Tsukento']I'm sorry, but that really can't be real. It looks too much like a half-assed edit. >_>

Anyone with an ACTUAL photo?[/quote]
It's definitely REAL.

castlevania_ew.jpg

Hmm, bad news: looks like the re-release of the game was really successful, so they're giving the box yet another revision (to signify that it's the "best" of Konami's best, I guess). I can live with a few additions to the box art, but does anyone else think this might be a little hard to pick out from other games on the shelf?

4h2rtee.jpg

[quote name='Edge']Hmm, bad news: looks like the re-release of the game was really successful, so they're giving the box yet another revision (to signify that it's the "best" of Konami's best, I guess). I can live with a few additions to the box art, but does anyone else think this might be a little hard to pick out from other games on the shelf?

http://i19.tinypic.com/4h2rtee.jpg[/quote]

You've violated my sight! Damn you.

they probally recalled they and repacked them with the new box art, but that is the only thing different about the game, the instructions are good and the game is the same, I am gonna have my friend print me out a scan of that box art so I can switch it, cuz it's fugly

oh god, that box art is horrible. now im glad that i spent 35 on it when i did, i was mad at the time that i could not find it for 10 bucks at TRU or Kmart, but it was still worth 35. now i just need to find aria for the gba!

Thats the ugliest 'GH' packaging Ive ever seen. Ugh...

That said, if you havent playing it yet this game is sooo worth $20, even with the ass cover.

Thank god I have the non retarded looking version. This game was my 'system seller', although I waited for the DS lite to come out, this was still the first game I bought for the system, along with NSMB.

*EDIT* I love that the cover of that 'the Best' version of DoS is a picture of the game you wish you had got instead! lol

[quote name='Derrick1979']This game is game is $9.99 at BB if they ever have it in stock....[/quote]

The BB i went to last night had a pretty big stack of DoS's for that price. I already have the game though.

[quote name='MoxManiac_']The BB i went to last night had a pretty big stack of DoS's for that price. I already have the game though.[/quote]

Were they the original packaging or the Konami Best? If it was the original, you shoulda picked some up, Im sure some cag'ers here would help take those off your hands.

[quote name='Edge']

4h2rtee.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:applause:

this game is worth 19.99 bad box art or not. I don't understand how cover art could break the deal... but to each his own.

bread's done
Back