* * * * * 1 votes

Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

#4231 SuperPhillip   Banned Banned   2238 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

SuperPhillip

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:52 AM

LittleBigPlanet was SuperPhillip Central's Game of the Year 2008. Perhaps you love this gem, too! I've enjoyed the game enough that I've decided to create a series of levels-- a "game" if you will-- using LittleBigPlanet's expansive creation tools.

Just some quick history: my user name is based off the character I created in second grade as part of some creative project in school. Not the other way around. Since then, I've created multiple versions and mythos of the character. SuperPhillip: The Game will be a yearlong project of mine. I've completed an RPG featuring my character, so this isn't too big of a stretch to do.

The game will have six worlds of three levels each. Each third level will conclude with a boss battle featuring one of the many villains of the SuperPhillip universe. Each level has five prize bubbles that will unlock that level's challenge world-- a shorter, more challenging level-- sometimes a race, sometimes a survival challenge, sometimes a high score affair.

Level 0-1 The Warehouse

This level is the first of many, and it serves as the tutorial level. The information provided from SuperPhillip's friend, Dan, may seem elementary, but I'm making it so the game takes it that LittleBigPlanet doesn't even exist and that SuperPhillip: The Game is all the player has to learn these things. As it is its own game, I'm including everything that a retail game would have-- a coherent story, a tutorial to assist players, and loads of collectibles.

The Warehouse does not have anything to kill the player. I didn't want the tutorial level to have anything like that, but rest assured every other level definitely will. There are checkpoints in case for whatever you reason you get stuck (which you shouldn't since there's a way out of everything).

Unlike every other level, this one has six prize bubbles. The others will have five. They're usually well-hidden or hard to reach. It is a tutorial level, but there are definitely secrets to be found!

Please let me know what you think of the level. Remember that this level is the first of eighteen, so it is easy. It wouldn't be good design to make it tough or easy to die at the very first level.

1-1 Central City

Central City is the first story level of SuperPhillip: The Game! It's actually a two part level which I wasn't really planning, but I ran out of space-- not thermometer-wise but room-wise. There was nowhere left to build to the east. That was a blessing though because it allowed me to add so much detail to make the city come to life. Now this definitely filled the thermometer.

As with 0-1: The Warehouse, there are five hidden prize bubbles to collect. This earns you the sticker needed to reach the key. If you're just rushing through the level, you're not really doing it right. I've built my levels (excluding challenge levels) to encourage exploration. I hope you will look around.

Here's a playlist of my current levels.

#4232 KingBroly   CAG Club Nintendo CAGiversary!   15248 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

KingBroly

Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:17 PM

The Leederdammer patch becomes available this Monday, and it includes:

- New way that saving works (allows for bigger profiles, backup of profiles to Save Data Utility)
- Network code got re-written
- No more Play, Create, Share numbers (They obviously couldn't fix it)
- Something about creating levels online with friends

#4233 ChibiJosh   ChE CAG CAGiversary!   3863 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2009 - 08:59 PM

I love this game, it pushed me to get a PS3 when I did. I'm happy that they're still adding updates to the game, but some of it is far past due. The online create should been out year ago at least. I wish they would add more levels to the game more often. I mean, we got the Metal Gear Solid pack last December, right? And then, we got a single spooky level or something, and I'm pretty sure that was it.

#4234 SuperPhillip   Banned Banned   2238 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

SuperPhillip

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:59 AM

Here's a view of my new level:
here

#4235 SuperPhillip   Banned Banned   2238 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

SuperPhillip

Posted 28 November 2009 - 08:35 PM

Here's my new level: 2-1 The Forest

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4236 Count   Freestyle soccer !! CAGiversary!   302 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:06 AM

Havent played LBP for aawwwwhillllee..
Just started playing again, and just noticed I just need 5 more author hearts >_<

PSN: MGO_Count

Try out my levels if you have the time, +Heart author if you liked them.

#4237 KingBroly   CAG Club Nintendo CAGiversary!   15248 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

KingBroly

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:48 AM

Well, the patch is live. Who wants to give it a shot?

#4238 SuperPhillip   Banned Banned   2238 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

SuperPhillip

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:17 AM

Now I can hold waaaaay more levels! :)

#4239 Count   Freestyle soccer !! CAGiversary!   302 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:51 PM

We should make a LBP Collab list.
Make levels together and credits goes equally :D

#4240 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15412 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:05 PM

Anyone have any ideas of when the Marvel Comics DLC will come out?

#4241 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:03 PM

There's Marvel Comics DLC? *wets pants*

I just got my PS3 on Monday, and I've been loving Little Big Planet since. It's got this great charm to it, the gameplay is great, and the music is tit-punchingly awesome. I haven't even touched the create modes yet!

#4242 ArmorForVictor   TheWildBunny CAGiversary!   395 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

ArmorForVictor

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:15 PM

There's Marvel Comics DLC? *wets pants*

I just got my PS3 on Monday, and I've been loving Little Big Planet since. It's got this great charm to it, the gameplay is great, and the music is tit-punchingly awesome. I haven't even touched the create modes yet!

http://www.joystiq.c...ittlebigplanet/ they announced them a while back no release date has been made

#4243 paz9x  

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:30 PM

well the search for this thread isnt working for me.
can someone tell me how to start a new game?
ive erased the data in the saved game utility and the game utility folders and it hasnt changed anything.

#4244 KingBroly   CAG Club Nintendo CAGiversary!   15248 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

KingBroly

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:35 PM

Why do you want to start a new game exactly?

#4245 paz9x  

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:36 AM

Why do you want to start a new game exactly?

because my son played through it and i look at the path of levels and think id like to just start over on my own. it doesnt seem like theres a way to do it outside of switching profiles or deleting everything.

#4246 DarkNessBear   CABear CAGiversary!   6478 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

DarkNessBear

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:29 AM

Didn't know the update was out, I'm down with creating with some CAGs.

#4247 RelentlessRolento   Conversation Comedy CAGiversary!   29351 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

RelentlessRolento

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:16 AM

lol finally... I havent played in a while but I want to jump on... too bad my PS3 disc motor is dead :(

I'll have to get it fixed when I get back from NYC in January :(

#4248 DarkNessBear   CABear CAGiversary!   6478 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

DarkNessBear

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:17 AM

So, republished Little Dead Space (the most hearted level now back down to zero... yay...). But, I can't seem to play LBP due to constantly freezing. I've had this problem before and it still occurs. No clue why.

#4249 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:39 PM

I'm so close to beating LBP, and then I've just run into the most impossible fucking bullshit ever- the level, "The Bunker", by The Collector. It's not hard till I get to the big giant spinning wheel of death from hell ™. I just cannot get past that part. Only twice did I even get to the second checkpoint within the wheel. I just want to scream.

#4250 ChibiJosh   ChE CAG CAGiversary!   3863 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:57 PM

I'm so close to beating LBP, and then I've just run into the most impossible fucking bullshit ever- the level, "The Bunker", by The Collector. It's not hard till I get to the big giant spinning wheel of death from hell ™. I just cannot get past that part. Only twice did I even get to the second checkpoint within the wheel. I just want to scream.

Yeah... That part is the reason I don't have a platinum.

#4251 ArmorForVictor   TheWildBunny CAGiversary!   395 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

ArmorForVictor

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:09 PM

only advice i can give is to replay it alot and don't rush it take your time and jump early to avoid passing a ledge to fall on the electricity

#4252 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:53 PM

Okay, I finally beat it. I almost died on the part after the wheel. I finally got through on my last life.

#4253 BlueLobstah   Do you...want my carrots? CAGiversary!   2934 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

BlueLobstah

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:12 PM

Try beating the bunker without any deaths. That's the definition of insanity.

#4254 ArmorForVictor   TheWildBunny CAGiversary!   395 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

ArmorForVictor

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:32 PM

i know it took me a whole afternoon to ace it, but it was worth it for my first platinum

#4255 surak   Pickle Inspector CAGiversary!   367 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:39 PM

My trick for the wheel of death is to run on the undersides of each wheel (so basically have Sackboy at around the 12 o'clock position rather than at 6 o'clock), which have no electricity, bypassing all the crazy platform jumping sections. Place Sackboy just a tad to the right of the exit arrow on the last layer while the arrow is upside down and overhead, then as Sackboy falls he will land on the second-to-last platform from the exit, meaning you can get out in just one easy jump.

#4256 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:55 PM

The ending was a huge letdown. 30 seconds long, barely even worth it. There weren't even any credits. the game as a whole was excellent, though.

#4257 ArmorForVictor   TheWildBunny CAGiversary!   395 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

ArmorForVictor

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:07 PM

The ending was a huge letdown. 30 seconds long, barely even worth it. There weren't even any credits. the game as a whole was excellent, though.

yeah i finished it with a friend online and we were both like that's it? i was like oh it's the end go make some levels now

#4258 ratchet9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   48 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

ratchet9

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:10 PM

Anyone know if the LBP:GOTY version that was bundled with PS3 still comes with Modnation beta voucher?

#4259 Count   Freestyle soccer !! CAGiversary!   302 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:12 PM

Anyone up to try and get all items?
Need 4 people though. because the 4 person puzzles :\

#4260 KingBroly   CAG Club Nintendo CAGiversary!   15248 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

KingBroly

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:27 PM

Having to re-do that last part in 8-2 over and over again until you did it without dying is really crazy.