[Canada] Magical Starsign $19 at RCSS

ragnar14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Might be YMMV, the girl at the till tried to charge me like $40 for it because it scanned up for that. But they're clearly marked as $18.98 on the rack.

Of course I was in there 10 minutes to closing, so it might be an intended price for tomorrow. I don't think Superstore starts specials on Thursdays though.

[quote name='ragnar14']Might be YMMV, the girl at the till tried to charge me like $40 for it because it scanned up for that. But they're clearly marked as $18.98 on the rack.

Of course I was in there 10 minutes to closing, so it might be an intended price for tomorrow. I don't think Superstore starts specials on Thursdays though.[/QUOTE]
which store did you see it at and where there anymore left?

I work at RCSS. We also dropped these titles to $18.98 [Kamloops, BC location]

DS:
Pac Pix
Kirby Canvas Curse
Children Of Mana
Dragon Quest Rocket Slime
Dig Dug
Harvest Moon

PS2:
Dirge of Cerebrus
Xenosaga Episode III

GBA:
Final Fantasy IV

I'm going all off memory so I don't remember the rest, sorry. There were 20-30 more, but nothing as good as these.

[quote name='LaseK']I work at RCSS. We also dropped these titles to $18.98 [Kamloops, BC location]

DS:
Pac Pix
Kirby Canvas Curse
Children Of Mana
Dig Dug
Harvest Moon

PS2:
Dirge of Cerebrus
Xenosaga Episode III

GBA:
Final Fantasy IV

I'm going all off memory so I don't remember the rest, sorry. There were 20-30 more, but nothing as good as these.[/quote]LaseK, I was just wondering if you're willing to do all of us Canadian CAGers a favour and post price drops (significant or minor, doesn't really matter) any clearance sales/deals such as this in the future (from RCSS of course). It would be much appreciated since I never get a chance to frequent RCSS and when I do the prices are usually a tad hard to swallow. Especially since deals like these don't come by very often :)

[quote name='LaseK']I work at RCSS. We also dropped these titles to $18.98 [Kamloops, BC location]

DS:
Pac Pix
Kirby Canvas Curse
Children Of Mana
Dig Dug
Harvest Moon

PS2:
Dirge of Cerebrus
Xenosaga Episode III

GBA:
Final Fantasy IV

I'm going all off memory so I don't remember the rest, sorry. There were 20-30 more, but nothing as good as these.[/quote]
Damn, I need to go back. I know they didn't have half those titles marked down when I was there. I've been waiting for Dirge of Cerebrus to be a resonable price :)

I just got back from the Superstore in Pitt Meadows. Here's what I got.

- GBA Final Fantasy IV
$14.44 (the override code is 60489)

- PSP Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble
$14.44 (the override code is 60489)

- PSP Sonic Rivals
$18.98

- Xbox Ninja Gaiden Black
$18.98

- PS2 Godhand
$18.98

- DS DigDug: Digging Strike
$18.98

- DS Mage Knight: Destiny's Soldier
$18.98 (it was listed as $34.98 but I suspected that it was discounted just like Magical Starsign, and I was right!)

I think it would be great if we could start a general thread dedicated to all these clearance deals that Superstore does.
Invisible

Metrotownd didn't have much of note.

Polarium - $18.98
Family Guy for PSP - $14.44 or $18.98

Didn't really see much of interest

I hit Main & Marine again.

I think they had plenty of Pac Pix and Dig Dug, as well as a assortment of junk. I know they had Children Of Mana and Dirge of Cerebrus there the other day, but none now. I took their last copy of Harvest Moon DS :) Dragon Quest Rocket Slime wasn't on sale, or at least it's not marked as such, I didn't need it so I didn't ask them to scan it or anything.

They still that 1 copy of Magical Starsign though. I hid it behind some crappy Franklen games right by where it should be, for any CAGs that want it ;)

[quote name='ragnar14']I hit Main & Marine again.

I think they had plenty of Pac Pix and Dig Dug, as well as a assortment of junk. I know they had Children Of Mana and Dirge of Cerebrus there the other day, but none now. I took their last copy of Harvest Moon DS :) Dragon Quest Rocket Slime wasn't on sale, or at least it's not marked as such, I didn't need it so I didn't ask them to scan it or anything.

They still that 1 copy of Magical Starsign though. I hid it behind some crappy Franklen games right by where it should be, for any CAGs that want it ;)[/quote]haha you are too awesome ragnar14, like that time PoP:TT dropped to 19.99 at TRU and i hid the only copy left behind Chronicles of Narnia :cool:

Just got back from the Superstore in Coquitlam (Lougheed & Schoolhouse).

I got the last Xenosaga: Episode III

Only 2 DS Rocket Slime and 2 Magical Starsigns left.

Point Blank DS is also $18.98. BUY IT, PEOPLE!!!

GC Super Monkey Ball Adventure is $18.98, too.

Lots of PSP Sonic Rivals, Xbox Ninja Gaiden Black,PS2 Godhand, DS DigDug, DS Harvest Moon left.

No Dirge of Cerberus, Children of Mana or FFIV.

went to superstore in Langley.

Picked up the last copy of Xenosaga.

God Hand, Kirby's crystal canvas, and Magical starsign were all there for
18.98$ and there were plenty of copies of them all, I would say about 7-8 per game.

Didn't see Final fantasy: Dirge of Cerberus, children of mana, or DQ:heroes.

[quote name='S-Wind']Just got back from the Superstore in Coquitlam (Lougheed & Schoolhouse).

Point Blank DS is also $18.98. BUY IT, PEOPLE!!!
[/QUOTE]
is point blank really that good?

I stopped at the last RCSS in range for me, the one out on Grandview. They had no FF7:DoC, FF4, CoM or XS3 left. All that was worthwhile that they had was God Hand and Metal Gear Acid 2. I donno about the games that aren't marked down at some locations though, they had like a dozen Magical Starsigns sitting there still for $35.

[quote name='ragnar14']I stopped at the last RCSS in range for me, the one out on Grandview. They had no FF7:DoC, FF4, CoM or XS3 left. All that was worthwhile that they had was God Hand and Metal Gear Acid 2. I donno about the games that aren't marked down at some locations though, they had like a dozen Magical Starsigns sitting there still for $35.[/quote]

Even if the price is still listed as $34.98, I am pretty sure it will scan as $18.98 - most of the time . . .

Hrmm, I'm contemplating whether to get FF4 or Children of Mana. I'm kinda leaning towards CofM because I'm not a big fan of Turn-Based RPGs. However, I guess I'll just take whatever's there.

New List from RFD:

Wii:

Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2

XBox360:

Eragon
Tony Hawk - Wasteland
Final Fantasy XI - Online
Gun
Blitz The League
Over G Fighters

PS2:

Dirge of Cerebrus
Xenosaga Episode III
God hand

Xbox:

Tecmo Classic Arcade -$1.44
X-Men Legends II - $4.98
Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows - $4.98 (BBV TIV - $8)
LA Rush - $4.98 (EB TIV - $3, BBV TIV - $15)

DS:

Star Wars II Trilogy
Children Of Mana
Magical Starsign
Harvest Moon
Bobble Bubble Revolutions
Mage Knights: Destiny's Soldier
Danny Phantom: Urban Phantom
Kirby Canvas Curse
Tom & Jerry Tales
Over the Hedge
Mega Man 5
Strawberry Shortcake
Nacho Libre
Sims 2
Dig Dug
Pac Pix
Marvel Nemesis - $14.98

GC:

Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Bratz
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from Krusty Crab

GBA:

Final Fantasy IV

DBZ for Wii! =O

I went by Metrotown again today. They have Dead or Alive 4 for the Xbox 360 at $18.98 and 3 copies of DBZ: BT2 for the Wii. I picked up one DBZ for my brother's birthday present so there's no 2 copies of DBZ and 1 copy of DOA4 left.

The DOA4 is outside beside the Xbox double packs. Bottom right corner. DBZ is in the electronics section with the Wii games.

[quote name='Firestorm']I went by Metrotown again today. They have Dead or Alive 4 for the Xbox 360 at $18.98 and 3 copies of DBZ: BT2 for the Wii. I picked up one DBZ for my brother's birthday present so there's no 2 copies of DBZ and 1 copy of DOA4 left.

The DOA4 is outside beside the Xbox double packs. Bottom right corner. DBZ is in the electronics section with the Wii games.[/quote]hey firestorm? do you mind picking me up a copy of DBZ? i can bus to metro after class on monday and pay you then

Anyone know if this includes Fortinos (which is sort of the RAC stand-in for Hamilton, big electronics section and all?)

Just got:

Castlevania: Portait Of Ruin
Point Blank
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Tomb Raider Legend PSP

[quote name='poxsc']Just got:

Castlevania: Portait Of Ruin
Point Blank
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Tomb Raider Legend PSP[/quote]

PoR for $20?! Man I gotta go grab that one.

Just got back from fortinos, so it DOES have the sale.
I got:
FF4 and Rocket Slime DS for $18.whatever

And Fire Emblem: Path of Radience GC for $9.44 or $9.40, I forget which.

Hot damn! I'm going there tomorrow!
EDIT: Was there more of FF4? And is Contact included in this sale? If not, I'll probably pick up Fire Emblem (HOT PRICE), FF4 and maybe Children Of Mana/Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin[quote name='webrunner']Just got back from fortinos, so it DOES have the sale.
I got:
FF4 and Rocket Slime DS for $18.whatever

And Fire Emblem: Path of Radience GC for $9.44 or $9.40, I forget which.[/quote]

I don't know if they had any in back but I got the last FF4 on the rack, and me and my friend got the last Fire Emblems

edit: i saw Xenosaga 3 for the price too, btw.

This sale must have some sort of regional difference. Most of the titles listed above were still regular price here in Lethbridge, Alberta.

I did manage to pickup Enchant Arms (360) for $18.98, though.

Re: regional differences, your mileage may definitely vary on some of these prices. I spent more money than I intended to at Superstore, picking up:

Dragon Ball
Point Blank DS

I was going to buy all three at the same store, but the DS games were still marked (and scanned in) at higher prices. So I went to a store closer to my work (a few minutes down the same road) and they were both $18.98.

Normally I wouldn't get a Dragon Ball game (not a fan of the anime), but I'm pretty interested in seeing how it plays on Wii, and it rates pretty good on Gamerankings... so it seemed like a good idea, with minimal financial risk.

I've got to stop reading these threads... my backlog is growing :)

Sweet! In Ontario (Hamilton Fortinos) Just Cause is also in this deal!
Bought:
Just Cause (360) and
Enchanted Arms (360)

THANKS A TON OP!

[quote name='Azumangaman']Sweet! In Ontario (Hamilton Fortinos) Just Cause is also in this deal!
Bought:
Just Cause (360) and
Enchanted Arms (360)

THANKS A TON OP![/quote]

Do you know which Fortinoseses have full electronics sections? I know the one on main across from McMaster does, and the one up by Lime Ridge doesn't...

[quote name='webrunner'] on main across from McMaster does, and the one up by Lime Ridge doesn't...[/quote]
I'm pretty sure the one on Main is the only one. Thats where I went today.

I picked up FFIV and FFVI . FFVI was full price in the computer but the price tag on the shelf was $18.98 so the sales person gave it to me for sale price.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I picked up FFIV and FFVI . FFVI was full price in the computer but the price tag on the shelf was $18.98 so the sales person gave it to me for sale price.[/quote]oh snap, this is deal is going to hurt my wallet so bad :cry:

[quote name='maigoyume']oh snap, this is deal is going to hurt my wallet so bad :cry:[/QUOTE]
It's probably just my local store that has FFIV and FFVI, as I said the computer still said $39.99. One of the employee's must have made a mistake and put lable's up for both IV and VI.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']It's probably just my local store that has FFIV and FFVI, as I said the computer still said $39.99. One of the employee's must have made a mistake and put lable's up for both IV and VI.[/quote]does yours happen to be in BC :)?

I managed to pick up
GBA Rebelstar Tactical command for 6.47 (or so)
PS2 Okami for 18.98 (makes up for that 9.99 amazon.ca deal I missed out on last month)

I have a couple of questions about this deal I hope someone can answer.
S-wind said that he got GBA Final Fantasy IV for $14.44 (the override code is 60489) --- what is this override code business about and how did he get this for 14.44 instead of 18.93 ??

Also, how did babbayagga get Rebelstar Tactical command for 6.47? I didn't know anything was marked that low.

Finally, Firestorm said he saw Family Guy PSP for 14.44.... again, how do you get the games for 14.44?
Thanks!

About GBA Rebelstar Tactical......Sorry i rechecked the label and it seems they put the wrong sticker on it... it says Aggravation/Sorry for 6.44. It was mixed in with the those crappy/cheap/boardgame GBA games like Aggravation/Sorry and Breakout etc..
There was one other copy for the same price.. at Superstore in Amherst NS.

It might have been $18.98, not sure. I'm pretty sure it was actually

[quote name='Arcturian']I have a couple of questions about this deal I hope someone can answer.
S-wind said that he got GBA Final Fantasy IV for $14.44 (the override code is 60489) --- what is this override code business about and how did he get this for 14.44 instead of 18.93 ??

Also, how did babbayagga get Rebelstar Tactical command for 6.47? I didn't know anything was marked that low.

Finally, Firestorm said he saw Family Guy PSP for 14.44.... again, how do you get the games for 14.44?
Thanks![/quote]

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']is point blank really that good?[/quote]

If you liked the PSX/PS2 versions of Point Blank, and you don't mind using the stylus, then you'll like Point Blank DS.

I just wish the load times weren't so long in single-card multiplayer mode.

[quote name='Arcturian']I have a couple of questions about this deal I hope someone can answer.

Thanks![/quote]

The override code is the code that is used to override the price that an item rings up as. Instead of ringing up as the regular price it will rings up as as 40% off item.

All of the GBA FFIV games at the Pitt Meadows Superstore had a $14.44 sticker on them with that override code.

I noticed that none of the GBA FFIV games any of the other Lower Mainland Superstores I've been to have that sticker on them.

does anyone mind picking me up a copy of canvas curse? i can do a local pickup from vancouver, let me know if anyone is interested thanks :)

bread's done
Back