Best/Cheapest way to get Macbook Pro?

Apple Store for Education. Go to the website, say your a student and BAM, instant discount. They never ask for verification or anything, just instant savings.....unless they've changed things as of late.

If you have a local CompUSA that is closing, you might want to keep an eye out for some discounts. Not much but maybe worth it.

check the special deals section on the Apple store website. They are refurbished from apple but they have great prices- about $600-$800 off.

Link

Get one of your friends to work there. Once a year they can get 25% off a computer, and 15% off 3 times a year for friends and family.

Go to the apple store click on the "hot deals" icon in the lower right of the page. They sell refurbished comupters at a steeper discount, if you can stomach that your computer was used by someone else before they reconditioned it.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...83Yfl24SDC3x1Oznskvf/1.0.0.21.1.0.8.7.1.0.1.1

For people on a budget, there is no shame in getting refurbished. This inventory changes frequently, especially right before new models are announced. If you don't see what you want, then check again later in the week and they may have it.

You can get stuff $300-$900 off. Better than the $100 educational discount.

The options like others mentioned are quite slim and two of them were already mentioned. You get lucky and find a really good coupon to a store like CompUSA, FRy's, or circuitcity.com, but that won't save you much. If you're a student or future student go the Apple Education web store. And finally, there's the refurb option (which I'd only buy straight form Apple too).

actually I got a Powerbook G4 refurb from a deal from Ebay for about $600 and it works fantastic, flawless actually

if I got the refurb off of Apple it would have been twice as much

now I know the game of roulette that these can be, but I would recommend it

Amazon's another good spot. Their prices are usually the best I've seen. I'd probably do Amazon or Apple (especially if you qualify for an education discount).

Macrumors.com has a "Buying Guide" that kind of tries to guess when the various systems will be updated based on historical data. I think the Macbook and Macbook Pro are both listed as "Neutral - Mid-Product Cycle" right now.

OS 10.5 (ie Leopard) is probably coming out the first half of the year, but nobody knows when exactly.

Probably the best time to buy an Apple is right before school.

Last year I got a free iPod Nano and an HP all-in-one printer with a $600 student discount on a MacBook Pro.

Also I think I got a $50 off Office Mac rebate coupon as well. In all, it was an awesome deal.

if you are taking any college courses that have anything to do with computers, you can join the apple developer's connection. for $99 you get a one time 20% off hardware discount

[quote name='4tygames']Probably the best time to buy an Apple is right before school.

Last year I got a free iPod Nano and an HP all-in-one printer with a $600 student discount on a MacBook Pro.

Also I think I got a $50 off Office Mac rebate coupon as well. In all, it was an awesome deal.[/QUOTE]

Regarding that $50 Office rebate, you might be able to do even better than that, possibly depending on your school. Ours has a site we use with the high-end versions of Office (for Macintosh or Windows) for $80.

bread's done
Back