Step into the shoes of eight modern-day gladiators thrown in an underground bloodsport controlled by a faceless, obscenely wealthy elite who place their bets on who will survive the bloodbath before them. Do you have what it takes to survive in The Club™?
- Rise through the ranks: Choose from eight different characters to rise through the ranks, uncovering each person's true motives and intentions. Blast your way through five single player game modes including Sprint, Time Attack, Survivor, Siege, and Run the Gauntlet.
- Earn respect online: Shoot to the top of the Leaderboards in over eight cutthroat multiplayer modes. Face off against 7 other opponents online in real-time or battle offline with 4-player split-screen action.
- Go global with The Club: Gamers battle in eight unique real-world locations from around the globe, including war-torn cities, abandoned factories, steel mills, and more.
- Take part in extreme gun battles: A motion blur camera system intensifies the adrenaline rush in both open range and close-quarter firefights. Players can destroy and manipulate objects in the environment to their advantage.
- Build up your score: A unique score-based accumulation system creates even more competition among players. Score more points by being faster, more efficient and accurate, then use those points to unlock weapons, characters and maps.
- Pick your favorite weapon: Choose from 17 customizable high-powered assault weapons, including automatic weapons, sniper rifles, high-caliber pistols, submachine guns, mounted weapons, and many more.
Personally I like the aspect of just focusing on a short shootout. It brings in an arcade feel while the style element will probably add the level of depth.
I didn't give a crap when I heard it announced and thought it as a crappy "thug" cash in, but sounds nice now.