Pirates for PSP for $20

kart007k

CAGiversary!
I was at a local Eb on thurday and I saw that a used copy of pirates was priced at $17.99 and new was $29.99. So, I asked the guys at the register to scan the new box and guess what ? It came out to be $ 19.99.

I am not sure if the all the Gamestop and Eb games have this price drop, but just ask to check the price.

I am loving this game.

wow that is awesome, yeah i got it for 20 dollars at gamestop when they were doing a launch sale. Its one of the best games out there, if you own a psp you should pick it up

It may have been $20 at GS/EB all along. I got it for that when it came out. Didn't care for the game, myself, though.

[quote name='icruise']It may have been $20 at GS/EB all along. I got it for that when it came out. Didn't care for the game, myself, though.[/quote]

nah it hasn't been, i went to gamestop a day after i bought it and they had it priced at 30

It was $20 at Gamestop/ eb online since it came out. I picked it up for that price the week it was released. Don't know if it's still $20 online though.

[quote name='guitarplayer']nah it hasn't been, i went to gamestop a day after i bought it and they had it priced at 30[/quote]

No you have to make them scan the box guys the sticker will say 29.99, but its actually 19.99.

Seriously.

How is the gameplay on this? I think I tried the PC remake a while ago and it was OK. Is it a port or a new game?

I think it might be $29.99 now actually. A lot of stores don't have the correct sticker price though, I was at a EB yesterday that had the game stickered at $19.99 so even if it rang up as $30 I'm should I could have been like 'WTF, it says $20' and they'd manually drop the price ;) YMMV?

If you don't have Pirates!, this is a great buy for a PSP owner. I picked it up for $20 when it came out too, definitely worth a purchase.

[quote name='icruise'] I got it for that when it came out. Didn't care for the game, myself, though.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

The first week of its release, EB/GS had it for $20 on sale but a lot of individual stores did not switch the price back to its regular retail price of $30. I guess you could call it YMMV.

Is it pretty similar to the PC version or different? I have the PC version (Actually the original from looooong ago too and Pirates Gold as well).

[quote name='crowbb']Is it pretty similar to the PC version or different? I have the PC version (Actually the original from looooong ago too and Pirates Gold as well).[/QUOTE]

It's a pretty faithful port of the Pirates remake that came out a couple of years ago on PC and consoles.

[quote name='Superstar7']The first week of its release, EB/GS had it for $20 on sale but a lot of individual stores did not switch the price back to its regular retail price of $30. I guess you could call it YMMV.[/quote]

Yep. It was really confusing as to what was going on for a while.

[quote name='freshzen']Soo....

Xbox version or PSP? I'm trying to decide :)[/QUOTE]

Pretty much exactly the same. The gameplay's definitely more suited towards handheld play, so I'd probably recommend the PSP version.

[quote name='isaac']Pretty much exactly the same. The gameplay's definitely more suited towards handheld play, so I'd probably recommend the PSP version.[/quote]
True. Also, the PSP version apparently improves upon a few things, like the treasure hunts.

Just checked my local GS here in Altamonte Springs, FL and it rang up at 29.99. Definitely YMMV. I'm gonna check every EB/GS on the way home in hopes that I might find a place that still has it at 19.99.

And here's the most YMMV moment of the day . . .I stopped at an EBGames on the way home, and brought a copy of Pirates over to the checkout counter. It rang up as 29.99 and I told the guy checking me out that I had read somewhere that the game had dropped to 19.99 this weekend. That's all I said. . .nothing more, nothing less. The guy said "well, I haven't heard anything, but I'll take your word for it" and promptly lopped $10 off the price. Never had that happen to me at EBGames before. . .

:shock:

I didn't even think about saying something like that. It rang up as $29.99, and I just nodded and put it back. Dang, I guess I'll try that tactic next time. :p

[quote name='moonphrogg']And here's the most YMMV moment of the day . . .I stopped at an EBGames on the way home, and brought a copy of Pirates over to the checkout counter. It rang up as 29.99 and I told the guy checking me out that I had read somewhere that the game had dropped to 19.99 this weekend. That's all I said. . .nothing more, nothing less. The guy said "well, I haven't heard anything, but I'll take your word for it" and promptly lopped $10 off the price. Niever had that happen to me at EBGames before. . .[/quote]

I went to Gamestop today to pick it up. It rang up as $29. I also said, I heard this dropped to $20. He said, "sorry, I guess it's still $29". I got it anyway, since I traded Gears of War in even up for it and I have a trip to Mexico coming up so I need something to play on the plane.

Not that this has anything to do with this thread, but I took a chance on a $5 used Sony PSP battery, thinking it was probably going to be junk. The kid played on it all the way home and it seems to be pretty strong.

bread's done
Back