Is it just me or is there somthing wrong witht he 200 dollar give away.

spyhunterk19

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Personally I think it is a great idea and I thank CheapyD for it. But, it seems to me that there are WAY more newbies than usual....i dont think people with like 4 posts should be able to win, cause they're prolly eather old caggers who made a new name, or people who just joined for the 200 dollars....your opinions on it?

I already brought this up with Cheapy and he said this is the way he would like to do it. Chck the "discuss this deal" thing on the front page for this deal and you can see it.

BTW sj41, is ur job to denounce my threads? i mean 2 threads youve basically stopped of mine that would have been good discussions in less than 1 minute...come on now

[quote name='spyhunterk19']BTW sj41, is ur job to denounce my threads? i mean 2 threads youve basically stopped of mine that would have been good discussions in less than 1 minute...come on now[/quote]Just woke up 5 minutes ago. I must be excited to post again after my long sleep.

The fact that they were both reposts (in a way) takes all blame off me. :wink:

Wait 25 minutes before you post another thread. That's whan I go fishing. :)

I don't think CheapyD wants this disscussion. He wanted it to be availabe to all users, so I decided to be a thread crapper this morning. :p

Reposts of topics that are hard-ass to find in search :wink: but on other news, There are two ways I can look at it, eather A: it is the noobs that got us to 20,000, or B: The same cags that want us to join there forums and do all that crazy shiz are just slimeballls who are creating new screennames to up there chances...

[quote name='spyhunterk19']Reposts of topics that are hard-ass to find in search :wink: but on other news, There are two ways I can look at it, eather A: it is the noobs that got us to 20,000, or B: The same cags that want us to join there forums and do all that crazy shiz are just slimeballls who are creating new screennames to up there chances...[/quote]I would have been very happy for you to back me up few days ago when I was discussing it. :(

Oh, and you wouldn't have been able to find this in a search, so I don't blame you for this. :)

I don't see the big deal of having 20,000 users when only 500 have actually posted more than 10 times. Most of the people in the thread were guys that have been here for several months and this is their first post. That's when they go on about how much they love CAG and go here everyday...blah blah blah. It was really annoying, but very fun to read.

[quote name='spyhunterk19']Fun, yes, but.....I WANNA RIP THERE EYBALLS OUT OF THERE SOCKETS :twisted:[/quote]Tell me when you find one. I'll join in, but when we go to court, you take the blame. Is it a deal?

eh, I take contests like a grain of salt, since I usually dont win them, I just enter for the point of entering never hoping or considering that I might win, that way if someone else wins, even a newb with 1 post, then I wont mind

the contest is because we have 20,000 users so excluding them really defeats the purpose of the contest, but the fact that a very large percentage of the users are just lurkers they shouldn't quailfiy because they aren't really part of CAG.

Personally i think Defender should win.

A think a complex weighting system should be involved...sort of how crappy basketball teams get to draft first.....but the other way around. I think a fair way would be like this:

Newbs-1 entry is 1 entry
Regulars-1 entry is 3 entries
Veterans 1 entry is 5 entries
all stars 1 entry -8 entries
1000+ 1 entry-10 entries.

There is a fine line between being an active member of a community & providing feedback...and simply mouthing off when your opinion is not wanted. The contest has been designed in its current format for a reason. They didn't come up with it on a whim and have already rebuffed feedback like this. Some people simply can not take a hint. :?

Its just a thought man....I mean, no matter how nice a CAGer is, higher ranking people might not like to see someone who just joined and has 1 post to win...

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I think only people who have the name of Admiral Ackbar should be eligible.[/quote]I'm going to make a new name is "admiral Ackbar" okay? Now I've got a chance to win. Yeah.

hey, dude, ur proving my point! This may be a coincidence but u joined THE EXACT DAY AFTER THE CONTEST STARTED!!!!! SJ41 WE FOUND SUM1 TO GOUGE OUT THERE EYES....oh and if this is just a coincidence im sorry....

[quote name='spyhunterk19']hey, dude, ur proving my point! This may be a coincidence but u joined THE EXACT DAY AFTER THE CONTEST STARTED!!!!! SJ41 WE FOUND SUM1 TO GOUGE OUT THERE EYES....oh and if this is just a coincidence im sorry....[/quote]Looks like we found a big coinkidink. Book him, Lou. Alright Chief.

I think I've got a grand total of 3 usernames. This one, because it was my first, another one, because I forgot my password, and my MSN E-mail wasn't working, and the 3rd one just for fun. We all have bunches of usernames. :lol:

EDIT- And I only posted it the thread with this username.

I didn't read it all but I thought it was funny because all these people posted and were like CAG is awesome and is a great community etc and they had 2 posts, lol.

I have no problem with multiple user names, i think though that people who post in the contest forum with multiple names need to die a painful death. Oh and im still waiting for a response to the coinincidenct of join date from that person....

Normally I'd agree...but isn't this contest a celebration of the 20k+ users of CAG? Shouldn't this contest, especially this contest, be open and equal to ALL members, regardless of how many posts or when they joined?

[quote name='spyhunterk19']Thats not what Im mad about..Im mad about people Joining just so they can enter, and sleezy cags entering double names.[/quote]

you have no proof about that at all...so yeah

It's to celebrate 20,000 users. What he could do is take every one of the first 20,000 names, put them in a hat, and draw out the winner. That's the fairest way, isn't it?

I like it better the way it is, myself. It's open to everyone that's registered here, so be thankful that only 5% of registered users are entering it, because your chances of winning are that much better.

Well, on a side not there are probably way less than 20,000 users because of multiple names lol, but im mad at non -caggers finding the thing on google, entering the contest, and never coming back.

The whole point of the contest is to get more registered users. It's just business.

You set up a contest with a nice juicy reward, then casual visitors will register to enter the contest. Then, hopefully, those users will buy videogames using the links on the site so this site can earn money. They will use the money to keep the site going since I don't think it is cheap. Its just business, if it wasn't about business then there wouldn't be any ads on the front page. Yeah you give away $200 in credit, but you get more money out of it.

There is nothing wrong with that.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']hey i like these ranking systems. give me just a second and i'll be in the top rank.[/quote]

dont you need 1000?

you are really really close

Aren't you a freaking newbie yourself? Just shut up. If cheapy wants to do it this way, smile and say thanks. He's giving you a chance for free money, you have no right to complain.

Umm...ok so mabye I am a newbie, but theres a BIG difference between 1 post and like 220 posts, it just gets me annoyed how the 1 posters say "Cag is about interacting with other cheapassgamers like myself.

What I'm saying is that post number should have nothing to do with it. There are people who have been on here since July of last year who have fewer posts then you. But that makes them more of a newbie than you? Or hell there are people who joined 2 weeks ago and have made ridiculous numbers of posts and have twice as many as me. Does that make me a newbie compared to them? To be trite and cliched, I'm saying you can't judge a book by its cover. And I still say you have no reason to bitch.

Mabye so, and i did ask for your opinion on it and i guess thats it....sorry if I offended the great 1k+ post gods with my opinion and thread just to talk about somthing and not flame me.

bread's done
Back