If you thought the PS2 GH labelling was bad...

nicholas01

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Check this out:

070312_boxart.jpg

Makes me a little nauseous. Find a good copy of Castlevania: DoS now, before this ridiculous looking boxart is all you can find to adorn your shelves!

Pic borrowed from http://www.gamespite.net/, a personal blog written by J. Parish of 1up.com. According to ma (not my mother), idea originally posted in neogaf forums.

That blows. Although it would seem it isn't Nintendo's doing, but Konami's. So it's not like a DS PH line will be this shitty.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']That blows. Although it would seem it isn't Nintendo's doing, but Konami's. So it's not like a DS PH line will be this shitty.[/QUOTE]
I agree. I think Nintendo prefers the yellow banner approach used in Gamecube and GBA titles, I think this is all Konami's doing. Though one could argue that, given the crappy anime-style design of the original box, not much is being lost. But still.

Oh, and as for:
[quote name='smalien1']it makes me nauseous that someone would get nauseous over fucking box-art.[/QUOTE]
Some people care about it, others clearly don't. I do. Anal? Perhaps, but I prefer the uniformity on my shelf.

[quote name='nicholas01']I agree. I think Nintendo prefers the yellow banner approach used in Gamecube and GBA titles, I think this is all Konami's doing. Though one could argue that, given the crappy anime-style design of the original box, not much is being lost. But still.[/quote]

Crappy anime-style? It's better than a lot of other box art. I would prefer anime style to most other styles.

That is terrible. I generally don't care about box art, as it's just going to sit on the shelf with the spine facing out anyway. Not to mention I don't keep many games after beating them anyway.

But that is awful. Moot for me since I bought a copy at launch and still have it, but damn that is ugly.

Yeah - bought a copy from some website a couple weeks ago (didn't advertise it was GH) and that is what I got. I punched myself immediately.

Really, what the hell is up with that box art ? Please tell me they didn't pay someone to come up with that. I mean, did they lose the original art for the box cover someone had to take a picture of the original and then use that ?

I prefer the Japanese KB cover over the US, at least its not showing me a photo of what I could have had. Why couldn't they just frame the original art with the white border and KB logo?

Thank goodness I already have this game and just picked up PoR. I hope to never have to add something this ugly to my shelf.

Uh, I think the price permanently affixed to the Japanese version actually does make it worse than the American one.

Oh, and well done Eau!

The cover art is a picture of the version of the game you wish you had....lol gotta love that.

Why not just a picture of Radiant Silvergun on the cover?

I have The Prince of Tennis DS "Best Price", the boxart is slightly annoying, but as long as it is the same game, I'm happy :).

If you haven't bought DOS until now, you deserve the crappy cover!

Nah, it is a bad cover, but at least there's some kind of GH for the DS. Damn portable games being so hard to get, reprints are welcome.

Konami's BEST titles in Japan (Pop'n Music 10,9 GH) had reversable coverart that was the original. Spine was different, but at least you could change the front.

How dare you bring Ghost House into this!

With the comparison here I wonder if it makes it better or worse that this wasen't some kind of greatest hits type deal with the Ghost House cover lol

I kind of surprised that there isn't a DS Player's Choice yet, but I think this looks a little better than having the yellow banner and the "best seller" logo like my Zelda Windwaker!

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I kind of surprised that there isn't a DS Player's Choice yet, but I think this looks a little better than having the yellow banner and the "best seller" logo like my Zelda Windwaker![/quote]

Hell, look how long it took to bring Player's Choice to the GBA.

Jeez guys, WTF. It's same damn game in the case, why should the cover matter? If you don't like it, print out a new cover and replace it.

As for me, I haven't bought Dawn of Sorrow yet or Portrait of Ruin, thus, if I see this for $20, I'll snap it up immediately.

In fact the only reason I haven't purchased it yet even though it's one of the most highly rated DS games is because I don't see it very often and also my last Castlevania was Circle of the Moon, which I really didn't like all too much.

[quote name='benzene']The Japanese version isn't too bad. Btw, how does the spine look?[/QUOTE]
Not too bad, it has a small Konami's Best icon right under the standard white DS top portion. It doesn't stick out at all on a shelf with other DS titles.

[quote name='BLarR']This brings back memory of old Dreamcast games that said "Hot! New!" on the covers.[/QUOTE]

At least there was a reason for that, as the first batch of those games like Hydro Thunder and Ready 2 Rumble were semi defective. The "Hot New" let you disinguish that it was a defective free printing.

I could care less about cover art, just as the long as the game is fresh and minty new. Heck, some "Greatest Hit" type games have added content. Admittedly, the cover art is ugly for the recent reprint of this game.

[quote name='smalien1']it makes me nauseous that someone would get nauseous over fucking box-art.[/QUOTE]

I agree, it's just a box.

And this is better than the GC and PS2 because there is no yellow bar on it on the side. So it will look like EVERY other DS box.

bread's done
Back