Free movie posters?

WELL.....for the REALLY Cheap ass gamer.....There is a site called block posters. The URL is below. But as long as u have the ink for it u can make incredible posters (if u dont mind all the cutting) I know just last week i made a poster of the Revenge of the Sith. I t's about 2.9 feet wide and 4.5 feet high. And heck i love it. Looks awesome. If i get some pics up i'll show ya.

http://www.blockposters.com/default.aspx

Edit:

I know Crappy Pictures. But i have a crappy Camera till i can find a better one heh.

DCFC0086.jpg

DCFC0085.jpg

DCFC0084.jpg

Edit Edit: The White pieces are cause i ran out of tape also lol. Also Bottom Left is because printer was running out of ink! LoL. You also have a option to make the poster smaller as well. I use the site alot for rare movie posters id like to put up.

Thats awesome, maybe one day when i get my own apartment i can make like a wall paper like that of a movie scene.

Also, check your local big chain theaters, mine leave them out for customers to pick up.

I've got abunch like Borat, Saw III, Black Snake Moan, etc. etc.

[quote name='alongx']when it comes on dvd, check with blockbuster or, better yet, local mom-and-pop rental shops.[/QUOTE]
Seconded. I grabbed quite a few Borat, Departed, Babel, and Stranger Than Fiction posters that way.

[quote name='JJSP']Seconded. I grabbed quite a few Borat, Departed, Babel, and Stranger Than Fiction posters that way.[/QUOTE]

What did you say to get them?

[quote name='xokxtrunks']What did you say to get them?[/QUOTE]
"Can I please have these?"

For big chain rental stores, make friends with them and ask nicely. The local mom and pop store here puts them out in a box whenever they've got extras. :)

just ask nicely at your local blockbuster or whatever. mine had a bin of posters they weren't promoting anymore that they were just going to throw out.

Ask your local movie theater.

I used to work at one (a chain, FYI). We didn't sell them but employees got them for free {All that I ended up with was harold and kumar go to white castle for a friend). I've heard some theaters will sell them for a few bucks, your best bet is to go to a theater that shows second-run movies [right before they go onto dvd].

Technically theatres aren't supposed to give them out and they definitely aren't supposed to sell them. The film studios want all promotional materials to be destoryed when you're done with them, and they'll raise hell if they find out you're distributing them. I just take all the ones I want at the theatre I manage for myself and then just throw the rest away when I'm done promoting the film.

Yup. Very Rare Poster actually since only 500 of them went into production. Then Lucas had them pulled because he felt that Jedi dont get Revenge. PLUS on the orignal poster if u you look close enough. Vader has a blue light saber and Luke has a red one. So yes. It was Revenge then later changed to Return.

Shipping cost:$ 4.70 for one poster .65 cents thereafter. Orders shipped in a thick cardboard tube..

Does anyone know of any free shipping codes? :D

[quote name='Vinny']Don't meant to hijack this thread, but what's a good place to get cheap movie posters?[/quote]
If you want the high quality ones the movie theatres get, you'll have to befriend someone who works at one. I can tell you personally, they almost always send me more posters then I'll ever need for most titles at the theatre I work, and I toss the extras in the garbage. Other then that, you can try eBay, most posters retain very little value, so you shouldn't have any problem finding the one you want for less then 10 dollars.

I would stay away from that 5 dollar poster site, those are just junk reproductions. Video Release posters are junk too, nothing come close to theatrical posters.

bread's done
Back