MST3K #10 Mystery Science Theater 3000 Volume 10

chakan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
Help!
B000GIXED6.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Mystery Science Theater 3000 Volume 10

Apparently this boxset went OOP last year, and I'm really getting desperate to find one. Any ideas/sources appreciated!

I bought my copy from FYE for $59.99 a few weeks ago. Your best bet is to try places like Boarders, Barnes n' Noble (if they've got a movie section), or any of the mall stores that sell overpriced CDs and DVDs. You're still going to have to pay around retail cost for it though.

This was less of an issue about going out of print and more of an issue about being yanked off of shelves due to copyright violations. I think it had to do with the Godzilla Vs Megalon episode. MST3K got the rights to use it from a company whose name escapes me at the moment who got their hands on it through less then legit means. Basically the rights to the film sort of went into something similiar to public domain in the US, a company nabbed it up, redistributed it. Eventually sometime after the mst3k episode was made Toho got the US rights back to it I think.

So in the end, this boxset was pulled from shelves due to a copyright violation. If you can find it for list price, that might be the cheapest you can easily get it for new.

I got this used (but mint) as part of EB's 3 for 20 DVD sale... or buy 2 get 1 or something... regardless i wound up with 3 MST3k box sets for 20$ which was awesome.

the downside is that i noticed after the fact that the godzilla vs. megalon disc wasn't in my Volume 10 box, and instead there was some disc from volume 6. still 3/4 of it is mint and complete, but i sure would like that episode disc if i can find it. at least having this is preventing me from paying some absurd price for a brand new one.

I would almost settle for a set like varsity gamers at this point. I've combed every retailer in the area. The funniest was Border's who said, "No, we don't have it, but we can order it for you'" I sighed, and said, "No you can't".

DVDStars.com has it for sale, no idea if it's actually in stock though. Volume 9 also seems to be hard to find as well judging by the 80 dollar amazon market place price for it.

I found my copy back in late December. I knew I had seen it at a local Richmond Best Buy. I went to all of them - nothing. No MST3K sets of any kind. Circuit City was the same. I went with my family to Fredericksburg and checked the BB at Central Park, and unsurprisingly found nada. I debated going to Circuit City and decided not to put myself through more misery.

Thankfully, I reconsidered after eating dinner. And I found my vol. 10. Now I have to find vol. 9...

As the former proprietor of a Tape Trading website, I didn't make many moves on buying box sets until the issue with 10 popped up. I had decent DVD transfers that I'd made myself prior to this, but seeing as how the commercial releases look significantly better than my own (VHS SP ain't that hot...) I defer to the box sets...

I found my copy of v10 as Best Buy was sweeping their last remaining copy off the shelf amidst the recall. It was on the cart and everything. I pulled it and the Best Buy employee walked up to the cart a minute later while I was on another aisle and was rummaging through her cart looking for my DVD.

WHEW!!!

9 is still available, but v3 is out of copyright. I think Sidehackers is to blame in that set. If you find a v3, pick it up...

Got my v10 at Best Buy in Manhattan back in January - my brother and I had saw a few and I mentioned the only decent one in the set was Godzilla but I'm not plunking down ~ $50 for just it. Week later we found out it was "pulled" so we ran over after work and grabbed the last 3 hahah

(sorry, got one for myself and my brother sold the spare already)

Crappidy Crap! I didn't realize 10 had gone out of print. I too used to trade tapes as well as having been recording them on DVD for years (I paid $900 for my first DVD recorder specifically just to put all my MST3K tapes onto DVD) so I have all the eps from this set, but the official DVDs would be nice to have. Guess I gotta start hunting for one too.

Well, my DVDStars order of volume ten is still pending after 6 days. It has a shipping estimate for the 18th. I really doubt I stumbled across a site with it still in stock for close to list price though. I'll report back here if I actually get it.

And for those collecting:

MST3K The Movie is out of print, but a German Region 2 is currently available apparently and it has the english version on it so if you've never seen it and always wanted to importing this might be worth it. I thankfully picked up the bare bones dvd back when it came out for ten dollars, but I'm still hoping for a re-release simply to get my hands on some extras.

Beginning of the End went out of print a while ago.

Volume 1 went out of print but is now back in print.

Volume 3 is apparently going out of print due to Sidehackers. Despite that is still seems easy to find new since I got one last week for about $33.

Volumes 5, 7, and 8 are not out of print but they apparently have problems.

Volume 9 has all of the signs of being out of print, but I haven't seen any explanation as to why.

And Volume 10... I'm hoping Canada forgot to ship theirs back to Rhino.

I was able to find a copy at my local Borders and using a 40% off box set coupon got it for about $37. Try bookstores like these and you might stumble upon it.

DVDStars failed, they kept moving the shipping date estimate a day forward everyday... which should put people off from ordering from them in general if they have an automatic system in place to do that.

bread's done
Back