Cat chewed through Wii Power Supply...replacement??

blackjaw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Damn cat almost chewed clean through the power supply cord and the system wont even turn on now.

Is it possible to get a replacement on the web anywhere or do I have to go through Nintendo. I bought the system new off a CAG about a month ago, so everything should still be good on the warranty. Any idea how to go about this if it is possible?

I swear this cat has chewed through almost every wire I have; 360 power supply, Dell computer power cord, LAN cables, and now the Wii power supply. I'm at a loss for what to do, cats just don't seem to learn like dogs, you cant just smack their nose and yell at them. I need some tubing or something to keep all of these wires in so he wont eat them.

[quote name='blackjaw']Damn cat almost chewed clean through the power supply cord and the system wont even turn on now.

Is it possible to get a replacement on the web anywhere or do I have to go through Nintendo. I bought the system new off a CAG about a month ago, so everything should still be good on the warranty. Any idea how to go about this if it is possible?

I swear this cat has chewed through almost every wire I have; 360 power supply, Dell computer power cord, LAN cables, and now the Wii power supply. I'm at a loss for what to do, cats just don't seem to learn like dogs, you cant just smack their nose and yell at them. I need some tubing or something to keep all of these wires in so he wont eat them.[/QUOTE]

Since this is not a warranty problem, I suggest you just order from nintendo online store for $19.95

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...USD&storeId=10001&ddkey=SetCurrencyPreference

[quote name='chwang0129']Since this is not a warranty problem, I suggest you just order from nintendo online store for $19.95

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...USD&storeId=10001&ddkey=SetCurrencyPreference[/QUOTE]

Wow. Thanks for the fast reply. I searched all over Nintendos site trying to find this to see if it was an option. Thank goodness its a bit cheaper than I expected.

Thanks for your help!

Now, anyone have a good cable management system to recommend??

I used to get free plastic tubes that would cover wires (up to 10) and keep them covered and bunched up from my last job.

Why not be a cheapass and wrap them in aluminum foil? Lulz at thinking about your cat biting into a nice thick piece of that.

Blackjaw:

This might help you. It' from Lifehacker.com, and shows how one person fixed their cord issues.

As for myself, you could try going and getting those accordian-type things that you use to wrap around cords. These can be bought cheaply online from places like lanshack.com or cableorganizer.com.

Or you could buy velcro cord wraps and use them to tie up slack.

I'd just look at those sites. Here's a possible solution: http://cableorganizer.com/cable-safe/

I'm really, really uptight about having cords hanging loose and such, and I tie up absolutely everything with velco cable ties. You can get big spools of them from either site (lanshack's are thicker and look nicer, cableorganizer's are thinner, have white backing, but can be pulled tighter because they are thinner) if you are worried about that.

Hope any of this helps. You can always go to, say, OfficeMax/Depot or Circuit City and look there. I'm pretty sure those first places have stuff that can help.

[quote name='blackjaw']Damn cat almost chewed clean through the power supply cord and the system wont even turn on now.

I swear this cat has chewed through almost every wire I have; 360 power supply, Dell computer power cord, LAN cables, and now the Wii power supply. I'm at a loss for what to do, cats just don't seem to learn like dogs, you cant just smack their nose and yell at them. I need some tubing or something to keep all of these wires in so he wont eat them.[/QUOTE]
Replacement, easy. Suggestion, KICK SOME CAT ASS!!! Show that cat the entire Wii; cords, controllers, games, and all. Then smack em'. Then show em' some Nintendo characters and smack em'. Even better, dress up like Mario or Link and chase him around the house spraying him with water(cats hate water...on them that is) whilst screaming like a banshee. That will cure that CAT ASS! Problem solved! I guarantee you it will never happen again.

[quote name='ricoraney']Replacement, easy. Suggestion, KICK SOME CAT ASS!!! Show that cat the entire Wii; cords, controllers, games, and all. Then smack em'. Then show em' some Nintendo characters and smack em'. Even better, dress up like Mario or Link and chase him around the house spraying him with water(cats hate water...on them that is) whilst screaming like a banshee. That will cure that CAT ASS! Problem solved! I guarantee you it will never happen again.[/QUOTE]

This works will small children also.

If I were you I'd sell/eat the cat cause 1) Animals suck and 2) they cost more money and trouble than they're worth lol... or you could just pen off that area or something.

Before you order a replacement, have you called Nintendo to see if there's any way it could be covered under warranty? 1-800-255-3700. I'd try that first, and if they can't help you, then order from their site.

Thanks for all the responses.

I called Nintendo and they wouldn't cover it since it wasn't a defect of the system, but they did offer free shipping, so I just bought the thing for $19.99.

As far as cable management I'm looking into some tubing to cover the wires as well as a "basket" to hang all of the power supplies in since cats don't learn very quickly (as I'm writing this he is by the window chewing on the blinds). I've tried the bitter apple spray as well as negative reinforcement (yelling, slapping the nose, putting his face in front of what he did wrong)...but he isn't responding and it just gets him wound up as he thinks I'm playing.

I've always had dogs and this is the first cat I've ever had. While he is a really friendly cat and always willing to cuddle in anyones lap (even a stranger that he has never met) he has been a pain as I'm having to replace two of my window blinds as well as countless wires and cords. He's only 9 months old, so I'm kind of hoping he will calm down eventually.

Again, thanks for the responses and keep getting to me if you have any further cable management techniques!

I trained my cats with a water bottle, whenever they were doing something that I didn't want them to do, I'd spray them with it. Of course, if he's in the electrical wires that's not something you'd want to be spraying, but nonetheless, it worked for me.

You people are mean towards pets.

I'm a little shocked no one asked...

Replacment for the power supply or the cat?

You can probably find plastic tubing at a home depot or any other home improvement store. It might also be cheaper than at a office supply store. As for the cat, I don't really have any good suggestions.

My wife bought a kitten shortly after we got married, and the little booger promptly chewed through my Dell laptop power cord. (It cost $50 + $10 in shipping to replace.) Since then, I've used a few "interventions," all to great effect:

- I sprayed Bitter Yuck on several power cords. (You can buy the stuff at PetSmart.) It tastes awful for the cats and once my cat got a whiff of it, she avoided the cords in question.

- Take away any toys that look like wires. We bought the cat this thing with a feather at the end of a black rope; the problem is, the black rope looked a whole lot like a power cord. Once we made the connection, that toy went bye-bye.

- This doesn't go along with power cords well, but I used it in other contexts: when the cat tried to climb up on the kitchen table, I used water. And since the only source of water I have is a Super Soaker, I blasted the cat so hard it jumped a foot into the air. After that, all I had to do was lift up the Super Soaker and the cat would run away. Problem solved.

I have heard the tube idea works really well, too.

Good luck with the cat.

reminds me of Christmas Vacation when the cat chews through the cord for the lights on the xmas tree. "That cat had nine lives, he just bought 'em all...".

[quote name='Rig']Before you order a replacement, have you called Nintendo to see if there's any way it could be covered under warranty? 1-800-255-3700. I'd try that first, and if they can't help you, then order from their site.[/QUOTE]

Ask if their warranty has "Kitten Claws, I mean Clause"

HARHARHAR

bread's done
Back