the prettiest slOTT machine - lOTTsaloOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
roundhouse.jpg

[quote name='shrike4242']The IL judge gives this OTT a 4.5.[/quote]

I originally had a "Ross PerOTT" title planned, then I realized it's pronounced "Pe-Roe". :lol:

[quote name='shipwreck']Blind merge, let's see who wins.

And the Beautiful SLOTT it is.[/quote]
Yeah, I figured you'd go with the SLOTT. :D Don't let Mrs. Shipwreck find out.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']Dunkin Donuts is giving away a free small iced coffee to customers today[/quote]
No Dunkin Donuts around here. :cry:

Nearest one I know about is in Peoria, IL, which is about 160 miles from here.

I was bored and decided to see if I could incite a riot. Should be golden by the time I get back from the library...or not. maybe it's too subtle

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928376&topic=34259016

in other news, I ran into a lake yesterday on accident. there's a path that goes around one of the lakes here in Madison, and most perpendicular streets lead to it. I was out on a jog at night, without my glasses, and thought I'd hit path. I was running towards what looked like blacktop and splash! it was great, but no one saw it luckily :lol:

I still maintain that streaking across a golf course very late at night is one of the most otherworldy and free-ing experiences ever.

It's like another planet when you get into the middle. There's no one around, the moon is above providing the only light, the land is smooth but dark, and no light all around you except for the great stars above. The quiet stillness warps the very notion that humans even exist around you.

I do highly suggest it.

Carrying your clothes is a bitch though.

Wow, the DS sold fast. I guess I probably should have had the buy it now higher than $99.99. Oh well, no need to get greedy.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Wow, the DS sold fast. I guess I probably should have had the buy it now higher than $99.99. Oh well, no need to get greedy.[/quote]

was it phat or lite?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Wow, the DS sold fast. I guess I probably should have had the buy it now higher than $99.99. Oh well, no need to get greedy.[/quote]
Just the DS, or DS + games?

Looking quick on half.com, used DS Lites are going for $110-140, new ones up to $200 still. I know in stores around here there is still severely limited stock. I've only seen Pink on shelves recently.

[quote name='Strell']Man, I know there's several DSLs around here.

I wonder if it is worth it to buy a few for da sellin's.[/quote]

try it. if they don't sell at a profit, you've got 30 days to return them if you keep your receipt. it's worth a shot.

Ugh... I've got so much stuff to list yet I'm just procrastinating.

Bye bye, 360 / Xbox collection... I'll pick it all back up in a year or two with a 360 that might actually work.

Good news is these 360 games sell fast.

I got a duplicate receipt from Circuit City for my 360, so my girlfriend is going to call after work and get all that squared away, then I'll probably put it up for about $300 on Craigslist and see if someone won't bite.

[quote name='Roufuss']Ugh... I've got so much stuff to list yet I'm just procrastinating.

Bye bye, 360 / Xbox collection... I'll pick it all back up in a year or two with a 360 that might actually work.

Good news is these 360 games sell fast.

I got a duplicate receipt from Circuit City for my 360, so my girlfriend is going to call after work and get all that squared away, then I'll probably put it up for about $300 on Craigslist and see if someone won't bite.[/quote]

since i've got all this time on my hands, i'm thinking i might put some stuff up on ebay. that, or i'll organize a garage sale for a few weeks from now. there are a ton of them in this area once the good weather comes around.

[quote name='mr ryles']I think it is time for some burger king breakfast.[/quote]

around here, if you hit up BK for breakfast at like 10:20-10:25am, they'll give you a shitload of extra food fo'free since breakky ends at 10:30am.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']since i've got all this time on my hands, i'm thinking i might put some stuff up on ebay. that, or i'll organize a garage sale for a few weeks from now. there are a ton of them in this area once the good weather comes around.[/QUOTE]

It just takes more time now that I have a camera to take pictures of everything. It helps sales, but it just takes more time, since it takes Ebay like a minute a piece to upload my photos too. I used to be able to crank out like 30 auctions in around 10 minutes using templates.

I should probably get to it soon though... I have to go to the USPS when my gf gets off work to get more boxes anyways =/

Finally got the cable guys out to fix my internet. The cable guys in this area are really fast, nice, and helpful, I must say.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Probably DS only. My guess is Lite.

And what ever happened to your Mario Kart: DD, RvB?[/QUOTE]

Yep, it was for a Lite by itself. I listed the games seperate.

I ended up selling it to a friend of mine. I think he plans on playing the game enough so that he can get good enough to beat me.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Yep, it was for a Lite by itself. I listed the games seperate.

I ended up selling it to a friend of mine. I think he plans on playing the game enough so that he can get good enough to beat me.[/quote]

i wonder if i should sell mine. it's like new. i mean, i play it and i enjoy it, but i'm starting to get really worried about money.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']i wonder if i should sell mine. it's like new. i mean, i play it and i enjoy it, but i'm starting to get really worried about money.[/QUOTE]

It's always rebuyable when you get a job and money, ya know?

Just consider it like a tiny loan.

[quote name='Roufuss']It's always rebuyable when you get a job and money, ya know?

Just consider it like a tiny loan.[/QUOTE]

That was my justification. The DS is so cheap that if I decide there's enough games to warrant a purchase again in the future its no big deal. That and the fact that by then Nintendo will probably have released even more new, fancy colors.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']That was my justification. The DS is so cheap that if I decide there's enough games to warrant a purchase again in the future its no big deal. That and the fact that by then Nintendo will probably have released even more new, fancy colors.[/QUOTE]

That's how I look at all my games... only 1%, maybe 2% of games ever become worth more than their original MSRP, so if I ever miss one or want to play I'll simply just buy it back.

Hasn't happened yet, though.

how do you end an ebay auction early? I'm selling the police code and I'm just gonna take this guys $60 offer, but I don't know how to end the auction

[quote name='mr ryles']how do you end an ebay auction early? I'm selling the police code and I'm just gonna take this guys $60 offer, but I don't know how to end the auction[/QUOTE]

NVM

[quote name='Strell']I still maintain that streaking across a golf course very late at night is one of the most otherworldy and free-ing experiences ever.

It's like another planet when you get into the middle. There's no one around, the moon is above providing the only light, the land is smooth but dark, and no light all around you except for the great stars above. The quiet stillness warps the very notion that humans even exist around you.

I do highly suggest it.

Carrying your clothes is a bitch though.[/quote]

Funny story. 12 years old, I lived across the street from the golf course. Decided to streak at 11:30PM. Par 3 course, 2 bunkers and a water trap. I sneak over to the water trap, take off my clothes and make a run for it. Get past the green and I'm almost home free. And then the floor disappeared from under me. fucking bunker! Twisted my ankle, limped home with just my underwear on and sure enough as I was limping across the street, a neighbor was pulling onto the street and caught me like a deer in the headlights. Needless to say my life was awkward for the next week or two as I (a) avoided said neighbor, (b) tried to come up with some lame reason how I sprained my ankle in the middle of the night (I was supposedly inside sleeping), and (c) grew an utter disdain for golf.

I'm considering getting rid of my DS as well...it was great for my long flight to Argentina in december, but now it gets no use.

[quote name='mr ryles']how do you end an ebay auction early? I'm selling the police code and I'm just gonna take this guys $60 offer, but I don't know how to end the auction[/QUOTE]

don't settle outside of ebay-- just end your auction, then set up a BIN for the person.

er, well, I guess if this is just a code, then you don't have to worry about chargebacks for unsent items.

Roufuss, glad the receipt scenario appears that it might work out.

Chika, is the money back you'd get on selling your Lite make a difference with the money situation? If it does, then sell it, if you're concerned, otherwise, don't.

[quote name='shrike4242']Chika, is the money back you'd get on selling your Lite make a difference with the money situation? If it does, then sell it, if you're concerned, otherwise, don't.[/quote]

i'm just anal. i've got about $1300 in my checking account which will keep me comfortable for another month - pay all bills plus food and gas. $125 isn't anything to sneeze at when you're unemployed though. maybe i'll hold off for a couple more weeks and see if a job comes along. i think i'll organize that garage sale though. we've got a ton of stuff around the house that we don't need/use. particularly stuff that my relatives gave us when we moved into the house.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']i'm just anal. i've got about $1300 in my checking account which will keep me comfortable for another month - pay all bills plus food and gas. $125 isn't anything to sneeze at when you're unemployed though. maybe i'll hold off for a couple more weeks and see if a job comes along. i think i'll organize that garage sale though. we've got a ton of stuff around the house that we don't need/use. particularly stuff that my relatives gave us when we moved into the house.[/quote]
It's 10% of what you have on-hand, so you may want to keep that in mind in the future.

If there's other stuff you don't need/use that would work for a garage sale, that might be another idea before selling off the DS Lite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back