Time Crisis 4 out now, IGN - 8.0

That is a steep jump in price! On the PS2, they sold for $49.99.

Hopefully this means, what I think it means......new GunCon 3 baby!

Man, for 90 bucks that guncon better be both wireless AND have the recoil action, but if it also includes a pedal, I'd say this is totally worth it.

[quote name='TimPV3']I'll put the obligatory UNCONFIRMED right here, but come on, when is GS wrong on these things?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop? Frequently.

[quote name='David85']That will get me to spend $700!!! What a great "exclusive"!!! It's a true system seller!!![/quote]

Why do you post in the PS3 forum again?

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']That is a steep jump in price! On the PS2, they sold for $49.99.

Hopefully this means, what I think it means......new GunCon 3 baby![/QUOTE]It was $60 before on PS2.

Well, if this works on HDTVs, which I'm expecting, this will be huge.

[quote name='David85']That will get me to spend $700!!! What a great "exclusive"!!! It's a true system seller!!![/QUOTE]

Well, clearly the console you currently own isn't doing it for you, seeing as how you spend time on the PS3 board.

[quote name='David85']That will get me to spend $700!!! What a great "exclusive"!!! It's a true system seller!!![/QUOTE]

Someone please block this guy again, he obviously didn't get it the first time.

hdtv and wireless guncons, they can put the price @ $100 and i wouldnt hesistate. doubt this will meet the dubious gamestop target dates if the publisher hasnt even confirmed the existence.

I seriously doubt that price is correct. GS is just saving their ass by putting a high price there. If the real price ends up being less, it's MUCH easier give customers a refund for the difference, rather than asking them to pay up the difference if they don't charge enough.

[quote name='TimPV3']http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=270088

For $89.99, so one could assume this includes a Guncon with a sensor bar, so it would still work with HDTV's. Glad I came across this, I was close to ordering one of those guns with a sensor bar for my PS2 to use on my HDTV. Let's hope the uneducated fanboys can keep quiet about this, I really would hate to see a thread titled OMG PS3 HAS STOLEN SENSOR BAR FROM WII.
?[/quote]

umm Huh? They make a senor bar for guns? Not to sound all noobish. But I have currently the madcatz fazer, some other macro gun, and 2 namco light guns (T:3). And num 2 redoctane pedals.

Do they seriously make a sensor panel. After nabbing a ps3 I grabbed an hd and gave away my sd..and I've been in the shakes. I own like every shooter for ps1/2/3 but point blank series(curses).

And in response to that more recent post.

The original time crisis with namco gun sold for $75 iirc. It could b e that high. ..

But I'm more curious...Anyone have information on a supposed sensor bar? I could see that easily costing $25-50 in addition the gun/game package deal. Can anyone confirm that a sensor bar will be released/in the works for us hd owners? I mean I hope so, but then again I assumed PS3 being a home theater media center would read NAS/(SAMBA/CIFS) shares like homebrewed xbox media center does ..but it doesn't. And still doesn't almost 6 months after its been released...grrr.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']any updates or release date? this would look great in the PS3 library...[/QUOTE]November 20th is the current release date. Some people have reported Gamestop giving away free posters, and Time Crisis 4 is one of them.

If it comes with a light gun, I wonder if this will be a light gun that works with a LCD/plasma TV. Which brings up the next question about it working with the PS2 light gun games.

[quote name='shrike4242']If it comes with a light gun, I wonder if this will be a light gun that works with a LCD/plasma TV. [/quote]Games was tested on it.
Which brings up the next question about it working with the PS2 light gun games.
That we do not know yet.

[quote name='shrike4242']If it comes with a light gun, I wonder if this will be a light gun that works with a LCD/plasma TV. Which brings up the next question about it working with the PS2 light gun games.[/QUOTE]
If it does I'm so sold on it.

I'd love to play some PS2 light gun games on my LCD.

This light gun isn't like the others, I'm not sure how exactly it works, but it does work on LCDs and other HDTVs.

I think it's something similar to the Wii technology, but allows you to sight down the weapon to aim rather than relying on just a cursor.

Last I heard it involved placing some tabs (I think 2) near the corners of your screen. Instead of the gun taking shots of the screen to decide where you're aiming, it finds those tabs to see where you're aiming.

Also this guncon is a bit more advanced than the other ones, hence the price. It's basically a sixaxis with gun sensor. It's got dual analog sticks, buttons on the front and back, the trigger, and even motion/tilt sensors. My main concern is that the front grip is located on the left side of the gun, meaning left handed gamers will have to grip it awkwardly.

I wouldn't mind paying $90 for the bundle if I knew some other light gun games were on the way soon - maybe a souped-up Umbrella Chronicles or new Virtua Cop to go along with TC4.

[quote name='coolz481']I wouldn't mind paying $90 for the bundle if I knew some other light gun games were on the way soon - maybe a souped-up Umbrella Chronicles or new Virtua Cop to go along with TC4.[/quote]

Ya i love the TC series, but 90 is really steep, so i would also need some more games for the light gun. Which from what i have seen looks really sick.

I think that if the new FPS mode doesn't get royally screwed up, it'll be well worth the 90 bucks. And if it does, I'm sure I'll get my money's worth with the main arcade game.

Imagine if all FPS games after TC4 comes out take advantage of the Guncon 3, and possibly patches for older games. How awesome would Unreal Tournament 3 with the gun be? I think it would be the most awesome thing ever.

And the FPS mode in MGS4 with the Guncon 3? Sweet Jesus.

$90 is still $90. The gun will work with all modern TV's. Like said you will place 2 wii sensor bar-esque things near your TV. No it will not work with PS2 light-gun games. Pray for House of the Dead 4.

I want to see Resident Evil 5 take advantage of this. That'd give a big reason for people to buy this. If they were smart, they'd be talking to other developers/publishers to try and get guncon support in their games.

Although admittedly not all FPS games will, or should have this feature it's certainly nice to have.

One thing I'm really interested in was that TC4 will include adversarial online multiplayer. That means running and gunning online while shooting with the guncon, now that's something that hasn't been done before.

If it'll work with the PS2 light gun games as well as a LCD TV, I'll be more than happy to pick it up. If it won't work with the PS2 light gun games, then I'll grab it, though at a lesser price. TC4 looked good in the arcades when I played it a couple of weeks ago, as did HOTD 4.

It won't work with PS2 games. Yeah Vanigan it would be soo damn sweet if RE5 used the lightgun as an option. That would give me a huge reason to get the PS3 version over the 360.

not being able to work with PS2 games sucks, but probably after a year this will drop to a good price (or at least i hope). That would be when I pick it up

$80 seems fair, it's the same price for next gen Guitar Hero games. But I do agree if it was lower I would so love it :)

[quote name='RiCeBo1']$80 seems fair, it's the same price for next gen Guitar Hero games. But I do agree if it was lower I would so love it :)[/QUOTE]

I think the lowest we'd see it at would roughly be $70 or $75... At those prices though, the entire package is a real steal... way better than Guitar Hero any day for me really.

This is using the exact same IR technology that the arcade cabinet uses. Same stuff the Wii uses. Same stuff the 3rd-party "lcd compatible" guns have used for years.
The GunCon 2 wasn't backwards compatible simply because it was USB while the GC1 used the PSX port. The GC3 remains to be seen if it'll work, though I doubt it.
However, the GC2 still works on the PS3 while the GC1 doesn't.
3rd-party guns tend to have better universal compatibility.

With so many other games coming out between now and Christmas, I think I'll have to wait for a price drop on this one. $90 seems pretty steep even with the gun. I'm sure it's going to be a good game though!

[quote name='The Mana Knight']It was $60 before on PS2.

Well, if this works on HDTVs, which I'm expecting, this will be huge.[/QUOTE]

I would love for TC4 to be a PS3 exclusive and all, but this would be hardly "huge" . This would be on the level of them releasing TR5 Online. There's demand for it, but only from a small percentage of people who already own a PS3 (and maybe 2 or 3 people that'll buy a PS3 for it).

fuck, I would have killed for this to be compatible with PS2 games.

Oh well, guess I'll be keeping the PS2 and shitty old TV afterall.

[quote name='TimPV3']fuck, I would have killed for this to be compatible with PS2 games.

Oh well, guess I'll be keeping the PS2 and shitty old TV afterall.[/quote]
QFT, with the fact that it's not BC, I'll be waiting until it's $20 to pick it up; had it been BC I would have happily spent the money on it.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']QFT, with the fact that it's not BC, I'll be waiting until it's $20 to pick it up; had it been BC I would have happily spent the money on it.[/QUOTE]
I don't think it's ever going to be $20 unless you find it at a garage sale or something in the VERY distant future. Maybe you'll find the gun for $20 and then the game for $20 someday.

Has the PS2 version even hit $20? I remember TC3 being $25 on black friday or something.

[quote name='whoknows']I don't think it's ever going to be $20 unless you find it at a garage sale or something in the VERY distant future. Maybe you'll find the gun for $20 and then the game for $20 someday.

Has the PS2 version even hit $20? I remember TC3 being $25 on black friday or something.[/QUOTE]TC3 was $24.99 in May/June of 06 for their big sale that year, and was the best seller on their site until it sold out. Other than that, I think Crisis Zone hit pretty low during a CC clearance, and went even lower at K-Mart. I think there's a good chance of this hitting $20, because not many people will want to buy it at $90 for the PS3. Just hope they send a shitload out to retailers like with Beatmania and Real World Golf.

[quote name='nyprimus4']It won't work with PS2 games. Yeah Vanigan it would be soo damn sweet if RE5 used the lightgun as an option. That would give me a huge reason to get the PS3 version over the 360.[/QUOTE]Has Namco Bandai actually confirmed this though? There's already lightguns on the market utilizing this technology and can be used for Time Crisis and other PS2 lightgun games.

[quote name='TimPV3']Has Namco Bandai actually confirmed this though? There's already lightguns on the market utilizing this technology and can be used for Time Crisis and other PS2 lightgun games.[/quote]

Yea seriously, how hard can it be to make it BC when the LCD Topgun can already work with all gun shooting games?:eek:

[quote name='whoknows']I don't think it's ever going to be $20 unless you find it at a garage sale or something in the VERY distant future. Maybe you'll find the gun for $20 and then the game for $20 someday.

Has the PS2 version even hit $20? I remember TC3 being $25 on black friday or something.[/quote]
Seems to me EBstop had a promo going with TC2 or 3 and two light guns for $19.99 a while back.

It'll be $20, I'm willing to wait a few years if I have to (of course unless it becomes BC).

bread's done
Back